emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

looks great!!

Thanks for checking the build out man. :drink40:

Wow, haven't checked in on this one in a while, nice job on the box Bro.

Shit looks good!

Wow, haven't checked in on this one in a while, nice job on the box Bro.

Shit looks good!

Hey, much appreciated. It's not on your level. but it's workin'!

So, got my Monoprice RCAs in today. Quick swap from the Knu eKos that i didn't like for some reason. Not too exciting for y'all but i had fun! took some pics. to boot!

dscf2727.jpg

dscf2728.jpg

dscf2730a.jpg

Starting to remove the old. I thought i had a pic. of how bunched it all looked. but i guess not. this is with the 2 RCAs for the 100.4 removed.

dscf2732o.jpg

They are 6 meters long? In a CRX that's crazy. I got 10 ft. ones and they are still a little long. Probably could have went with the 6, but i figured better longer than too short.

And after.

dscf2734m.jpg

dscf2736t.jpg

mess i later neatly wrapped and twist-tied. Anyone wanna' buy some RCAs? :D

dscf2738.jpg

dscf2740y.jpg

dscf2742q.jpg

So i've got a bit of alternator whine. Started when i put the front stage in, seemed to only came from the right mid. Now with the new RCAs it's coming from all the front stage. mostly in the right side mid.

So i unplugged RCA to channel 3, that took away some whine. Then channel 4 as well. All the whine is gone. Does this mean it's the amp's RCA inputs going kooky? Hope not. The heat sink is touching some bare metal, would that create some issues? i can't test that right now, but i believe i have before and it didn't change anything... Any ideas? :ughdunno: :ughdunno:

wut u want for them knu rca's? think my ol' fosgates r gettin worn out.....pm me a price

Oooooh monoprice lol. Good choice on the cables they are great quality for a fraction of the cost.

wut u want for them knu rca's? think my ol' fosgates r gettin worn out.....pm me a price

YGPM :fing34:

Oooooh monoprice lol. Good choice on the cables they are great quality for a fraction of the cost.

Thank you much!

Just took the whole time to look through your build... Wow, some really good information here! I really like what you did with your Honda! I can't wait till you put some more power into those bad boys! Great work and you got me hooked!

I'm always on the look out for crx builds looks great. Here is a peak at mine Bone white Rex I would appreciate any box plans you have collected. Yours as a ground pounder looks sweet for mine watch out for a full on spl beast. I will be ordering a custom case machined 270 amp alt within the next 4 weeks if you hold off you could piggy back and purchase when I order mine. The custom case will be for an ac replacement. 270 amp... if your interested shoot me a pm and I'll keep you posted oh and it will be a mechman external regulator capable of up to 18volts.

Are you saying the amp is screwed to bare metal? If so, yeah that could be your ground noise. Put some MDF under it.

Ground loops suck, basically you need to just start unplugging shit and tracing it down. How is your HU grounded, factory ground wire? If so, ground it to bare metal at the chassis

I ran a dedicated ground to the center console metal.

Just took the whole time to look through your build... Wow, some really good information here! I really like what you did with your Honda! I can't wait till you put some more power into those bad boys! Great work and you got me hooked!

:wub: thanks more power may just have to wait. my alt. completely died on my 8 hour drive across state last night.. getting a cheap-o replacement to hold me off 'till i get home. :suicide-santa:

Whay kinda numbers does this do??

I wonder the same thing. Waiting for some type of reasonably priced meter that i can snatch up. I've seen the start of promising units. I'm waiting patiently. There is a comp. that i hope to attend in august. Only comp in my state all year lol hope i can get some numbers then.

I'm always on the look out for crx builds looks great. Here is a peak at mine Bone white Rex I would appreciate any box plans you have collected. Yours as a ground pounder looks sweet for mine watch out for a full on spl beast. I will be ordering a custom case machined 270 amp alt within the next 4 weeks if you hold off you could piggy back and purchase when I order mine. The custom case will be for an ac replacement. 270 amp... if your interested shoot me a pm and I'll keep you posted oh and it will be a mechman external regulator capable of up to 18volts.

Ill defenately check that out, dont have the time right now, but i love CRX builds as well, duh! Not too familier with "piggy back" orders? You mean i order the same thing, any discount with that?

Are you saying the amp is screwed to bare metal? If so, yeah that could be your ground noise. Put some MDF under it.

Ground loops suck, basically you need to just start unplugging shit and tracing it down. How is your HU grounded, factory ground wire? If so, ground it to bare metal at the chassis

Nah, not screwed to bare metal. Its not even screwed down yet. I know i need to get some MDF cut and get it secure, im just going a million miles right now. Cant seem to find the time. I've relocated the HU ground to bare metal, nothing changed.. :suicide-santa:

I ran a dedicated ground to the center console metal.

I've done the same. On one of the bolts that holds a metal piece in place for the plastic console to screw into. (to the chassis metal, not the support metal.)

Went down to O'rilies today and got their only alt that would fit my car. I'm across state so i have no tools or anything so i cant even attempt to swap alts out on my own. Have to find a shop to do it tomorrow morning. Was really hoping to get this done yesterday, i have to go back home tomorrow. Dont want to miss class tuesday if i dont have to. Hopefully i can find someone to start on it ASAP in the AM, get it done before noon. 8 hours of driving after that.

Got some goods in the mail!

10 ring terminals

dscf2799d.jpg

XS power FTW

dscf2805.jpg

dscf2807f.jpg

dscf2808bp.jpg

DC sports 4-2-1 header to help with the extra weight? lol

dscf2812g.jpg

dscf2813i.jpg

dscf2819w.jpg

dscf2821z.jpg

dscf2815.jpg

dscf2814a.jpg

XS Power and DC Sports ftmfw!!!!!!

Went over to Paul's for a little bit last night and we made some bus bars. Too many terminals on a single post.

dscf2827.jpg

dscf2828j.jpg

dscf2829n.jpg

dscf2831g.jpg

Paul's a plumber, so we just took a 6" pipe, cut it in half, heated and hammered it flat, cut it to fit and hit it some more to bend it. Works well if i do say so myself :fing34:

XS Power and DC Sports ftmfw!!!!!!

That's what i was thinking ;) thanks

Car is getting header on as i type this. Pics later tonight. :dancing:

Little before reference. Kinda' an old pic. before i scrubbed the valve cover with a tooth brush and rag. But that's not what's important. That heat shield is about to be GONE!

dscf2413t.jpg