emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

Lookin' Good!!!! :fing34::fing34: to Paul!!

Thank you, thank you!

Sweet!

That P150 and a P45 were my very first amps back in the day.

Brings back good memories.

Sweet!

Brings back good memories.

Oh yeah!!! X2

ordered 3 6" flared port kits and 3 6" tubes to get the required port length from PSP through Argent Audio. Great guy and great prices, very helpful :D

I could be persuaded to take some of that RF goodness. I figure if ur asking value he wants to sell.

I had 2 of the crunch subs. They are pretty bad ass.

J

I could be persuaded to take some of that RF goodness. I figure if ur asking value he wants to sell.

I had 2 of the crunch subs. They are pretty bad ass.

J

No, i don't think he was looking to sell, just wanted to know if they were worth anything now-a-days. He liked the idea that what he has could be wanted by others, while he had no idea about it haha

So day 2 of box assembly..

started cutting the top baffles of the box out. Flush mount for teh sexy look. The outer diameter of the subs is stated at 12.5" on Fi's website, but it was a little off, we had to sand down 1/16" or so on each flush mount hole, kinda' annoying but whatever needs to get done.

dscf2645x.jpg

dscf2649l.jpg

dscf2648.jpg

We glued 'n screwed the top pieces together and started fitting the dowel bracing. 1.5" dowels should do the trick :D

dscf2652j.jpg

dscf26530.jpg

dscf2654s.jpg

dscf2655o.jpg

First blood!

dscf2647s.jpg

Here's Auggie supervising

dscf2609d.jpg

Test fitting the sub

dscf2613.jpg

dscf2614e.jpg

Little out of order, but you get the idea :D

That's as far as we got. Now i'm waiting for the ports while he is on his way to see his parents for Christmas. When he gets back we can start putting it all together. I need to order speaker wires and some parts for terminals. Should all come together at the end of the month. Hope i have enough material left over from the pods to cover this thing..

Looking good, whats the Schnauzer's name?

Auggie, and they have another named Wilson. Wilson is a lot smaller, older and mellow. Wilson is the newer addition to the family, so Auggie gets pretty jealous whenever you call wilson to your lap haha. They're great dogs.

First blood!

dscf2647s.jpg

No pain no Gain!! :+1: for a great looking enclosure!!! Tuned in for more!! :popcorn2:

First blood!

No pain no Gain!! :+1: for a great looking enclosure!!! Tuned in for more!! :popcorn2:

I'm healing nicely, haha thanks :D

The box is coming out sweet! :fing34:

Thanks, more to come in about a week

Side note: Nice avatar ;)

Looks good. Are u going to be wrapping the box in anything?

Umm i still haven't decided what. But no, i don't want to keep it bare wook or paint it. I have some cloth laying around, but I'm not sure if it will wrap around the whole box with one piece, i dont want it to look choppy. And the stuff is thin... AND i don't know if it will match the car. I'll probably end up buying some normal dark black carpet.

Enclosure looks great! Its always great to have a helper (Auggie)

Thanks, he's always lookin' out for us

Keep the comments coming, guys. Good or bad, let me know! Feedback is goooood!

Nice setup!

I'm curious of what he'll sound in a tiny CRX :popcorn:

Thanks, i'm hopeful for lots of loud! :dj:

How much space did u leave on the outer ring? If u use carpet it looks like u may have a real tight fit.

Very little, it doesn't matter much to me if there is carpet all the way down "inside" the ring, we cant make it look good either way. Snug is good anyways, looks much better than having too much room, IMO :drink40:

all built, wired, and put in the car!

Tidy wiring. Used 10 gauge all around the inside of the box, and 8 gauge from the box to the amp.

dscf2672a.jpg

dscf2673b.jpg

dscf2671z.jpg

I really like this pic. for some reason

dscf2692uo.jpg

The 10 gauge had 924 strands, while the 8 had 825. KnuKonceptz Klarity OFC wires.

dscf2688f.jpg

dscf2685z.jpg

put in the 3 6" flared aeros. at first i was bummed i couldn't find some black screws to make it look better, but once i put these in, i really like them (not that it matters at all). Makes it look industrial, i think.

dscf2674v.jpg

dscf2678t.jpg

dscf2677k.jpg

And now to show off some bracing with the ports.

dscf2676i.jpg

dscf2675c.jpg

dscf2681o.jpg

And puttin' the subs in!

dscf2689w.jpg

dscf2693.jpg

Outside of the box terminals. 8 gauge ring terminals

dscf2683.jpg

False floor time

dscf2694i.jpg

dscf2695n.jpg

And finally, putting in the box. this is getting exciting!

dscf2698h.jpg

dscf2699.jpg

dscf2697.jpg

And it's in!

dscf2700a.jpg

If you noticed, i put the subs in upside down. i wanted the logos (looking at it from the rear of the hatch) to be like / \ <- that, if that gets the point across correctly. but they are backwards, oh well, not they're "IF"s

dscf2701v.jpg

dscf2702o.jpg

Didn't have as much room as i thought, so i've got the amp on the box for now.

dscf2704.jpg

dscf2707o.jpg

dscf2706.jpg

dscf2705s.jpg

Notice there is about 4" of snow on the ground. It's cold out, but well worth it! i put some L brackets and such around the box to keep it stable today.

That's it for now. I think i'm going to get bedliner to cover the box now, carpeting seems much too difficult right now.

I can get a video ready tomorrow. I haven't tuned the amp at all. Right now the gain is all the way down, but on the remote knob i have it turned 3-5 clicks, depending on the song. I'm running .5 ohm right now, so all i do is watch my voltage. that's why some songs have to be only 3 clicks. I think the next purchase is the DC power 180 amp alt.... Unless Fcons come out. i want to be first in line for those :morepower1: