emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

Sefugi, you know me well. Either that or you can read sigs? haha

Yes I can read and I'm subscribed to your Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thecrxbeats

Tuned in to this build, have always liked the CRX!!

Tuned in to this build.

Nice crx.

I did not understand what you choose for subs, but the front stage is really what I want to look at.

Pics, more pics !

Oh how i miss my CRX. tuned in!

Tuned in to this build.

Nice crx.

I did not understand what you choose for subs, but the front stage is really what I want to look at.

Pics, more pics !

I haven't chosen my new sub stage yet, right now i have a bl 15. i just want something new.

You build to win at finals bottom line, you guys mentioned sibleys crx did it do it at 30-40hz nope....enough said. Bottom line is in a crx you can pull big numbers, you just have to invest time and testing. At lower freq you can do 150s all day with 4-12s and a fair amount of power, its just not going to be comp winning which is fine, because the OP isnt after that. I said it before I would do subs up port/ports back an you will be fine.

When you say "fair" amount, is that like >5k? lol that's further down the line. :morepower1:

Sefugi, you know me well. Either that or you can read sigs? haha

Yes I can read and I'm subscribed to your Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thecrxbeats

Tuned in to this build, have always liked the CRX!!

as i am subscribed to you! Thanks man! ill try to get more vids to keep my channel up to date :drink40:

Got the SDS in. Looks super solid, the EBR is super thick. Should work well with how sticky this stuff is.

dscf2534d.jpg

The little plastic baggie is paper to press the rope down with, so it doesnt stick to your fingers, and not where you're trying to apply it.

dscf2535r.jpg

14 CLD tiles

dscf2536o.jpg

Time to get it in the car!

Ok, getting the stock "deadener" off is a pain. A whole lot of plastic cover, DUCT TAPE?!, and sticky rubber stuff. People have "patched" the stuff up with the good ole' american saying, "it'll fix anything". Oh wow haha.

Stock pic.

dscf2537o.jpg

dscf2543l.jpg

dscf2542d.jpg

Stripped most of it down. There are little pieces of the white rubber stuff still on there, i didnt REALLY think they would hurt anything. Too much of a pain to get it all off of there. Heck, maybe it will help a bit? Oh well.

dscf2544f.jpg

And after a wipe down i started cutting the tiles up, and applying to the door.

First tile..

dscf2539.jpg

Door done

dscf2538k.jpg

I think i forgot to take pics. of both doors :suicide-santa: my bad.

I think that the EBR made the largest difference in door resonance. Just putting a thick layer down on the side impact bar and the outside skin helped a TON. If you're deadening your door, GET EBS AND PUT IT THERE, AT LEAST.

I ran out of EBR to do what i planned on with the large holes. Don told me how to make a "sandwich" of 3/8' metal sheets, cut to the shape of the hole. Put a bunch of ebs between two of the same sheets, bake it, and roll the EBS all over the inside, then use self-tapping screws to apply and seal to the holes. With yet another boarder of ebs to make a good seal on the door pannel. This can be a future deadening project, no reason not to sometime or another.

Keep up the pictures, just make them smaller next time. ;)

Keep up the pictures, just make them smaller next time. ;)

x2

Pics are great, but let the image hosting site resize them. lol

Keep up the great work!

hmm i've looked around and cant find much on that. anyone use imageshack that can help me out?

hmm i've looked around and cant find much on that. anyone use imageshack that can help me out?

Image shack gives options on the size you want when uploading. 640x480 for message boards is what I always use. If you have questions pm me I'll be glad to help!

Image shack gives options on the size you want when uploading. 640x480 for message boards is what I always use. If you have questions pm me I'll be glad to help!

Sefugi is the man, :+1:

Sefugi is the man, :+1:

No Problem, Keep up the great work!!! :fing34::fing34:

alright, i'm working on resizing the photos i already have up, haven't had time to do this the last couple days. Probably will have everything done tomorrow, i'm about to go watch my nephew for the night.

Here is a test pic. for size reference. This is the size Sefugi told me to use.

dscf2473t.jpg

Looks good to me!

alright, tomorrow ill resize the photos i already have up, haven't had time to do so, yet.

dscf2473t.jpg

yep that's perfect! i always resize to that size also

alright, tomorrow ill resize the photos i already have up, haven't had time to do so, yet.

dscf2473t.jpg

Displays a lot faster than the monster-size ones and still has good detail!! :woot:

dscf2473t.jpg

Displays a lot faster than the monster-size ones and still has good detail!! :woot:

exactly. :fing34:

all pics. should be a decent size. was much easier than expected! :turkey:

all pics. should be a decent size. was much easier than expected! :turkey:

:fing34:

Lookin good Homey!! I love Honda's, them CRXs are fun to drive. I am tuned in. :popcorn:

BTW, you can buy butyl rope at the local auto parts store.