emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

Still tweaking the mids and tweets. Just downloaded Sandt's test tone files so i plan to do some fine tuning with those. Hopefully they sound even better yet. As it sits now the lower mid bass is a little lacking, i think i need to up the slope on the sub's high frequencies, and raise the frequencies sent to the tweets. On some songs "S"s are a little harsh.

Side question. Should the mids be playing "most" of the music? vocals/ kick drums / background music, while the tweeters are really only focused on high chimes, bells and whistles?

Pretty much or you have the filter to high on the tweeters so they are dipping that low. Were do you have them crossed at? Depending on how low you are able to cross them will determine what sounds it will produce.

they're advertised to go down to about 2500. i may have them set below that. when i turn the mids off the tweets have low quality vocals coming out. i think they are too extreme both ways.

where did you get the mids from? they look great in the custom pods.

Ascendant audio. They dont just look great, they perform as well. If you're looking for some mids def. look into them.

Here is a topic i made about them. There is a link to a dealer on here to find which dealer is closest to you and to get more info if you want on them.

nice rex

Thanks!

i meant literally where did you get them. no one locally has them and i can't find them online.

i meant literally where did you get them. no one locally has them and i can't find them online.

In that link, there is a link to the guy i bought them from. You can only get them from an AA dealer. Literally :D

sorry, posted then saw the clicky... my apologies kind sir :suicide-santa:

Got 2 large packages today, but was irritated how though. UPS just decided to leave them outside, while it's pouring outside, nobody home for hours. Awesome. Luckily nothing was damaged or stolen. All is well, time to pull them out of their packaging and take some pics! They're uploading now...

dscf2576o.jpg

dscf2577e.jpg

And the first one i open happened to have other goodies as well!

dscf25780.jpg

dscf2580.jpg

dscf2581o.jpg

dscf25820.jpg

nice! how are you going to arrange them?

dscf2593h.jpg

dscf2594i.jpg

This is how they will be placed in the box, i like the tilted look.

dscf2596z.jpg

Nice black finish on the ass

dscf25970.jpg

dscf2599l.jpg

And what's left of the living room haha

dscf26000.jpg

nice! how are you going to arrange them?

I believe subs up/port back. Is that what you're asking?

Awesome!!! you may have mentioned, but what will be powering these?? Should hit pretty good in the hatch area!! :popcorn:

Very nice. :)

:drink40:

Nice!

Thanks, much!

Awesome!!! you may have mentioned, but what will be powering these?? Should hit pretty good in the hatch area!! :popcorn:

For now my 1500D. The next upgrade will be to a 3500? :D But thats in a while.

Very nice. :)

Thanks!

So who has used hurricane nuts to secure their subs? What kind did you get? I'm looking at the #10-32. Is there much difference between those and the 1/2"-20 or the #8-32?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=081-1084

VS.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=081-1082

VS.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=081-1080

Alrighty. So to house those 12s i went to Bromo, with Eclectic Enclosure Designs (<- Click!!). I had one design ready for me, but after tweaking the height he surprised me with a new one that fits perfectly, just smaller than the first. This box is 1.7 ft^3 per sub, tuned to 34.75 hz. with 3 6" aeros. There is just over 12 in^2 of port area per ft^3. Seems perfect to me. On with some pics.

First night cuttin' and starting to glue.

Starting to line things up..

dscf2601t.jpg

dscf2604u.jpg

And through the magic of internet, seconds after we start... All is cut! :D

dscf2603s.jpg

Mock up

dscf2606.jpg

And here's Paul, the guy helping build all this. Couldn't have done this without him, HUGE thanks to Paul.

dscf2607.jpg

We glued the sides together and the bottom on the first night, that's where we stopped. I believe we may have done this in the wrong order though. First we glued the sides together to make a square, then put the bottom piece one, which after lining the top piece it was a fraction off of square. Would starting with the bottom and adding side pieces to it have corrected this issue? Either way it's not off too much, just a little sanding and it wont be noticeable.

Lookin' Good!!!! :fing34::fing34: to Paul!!

Yeah, he surprised me when he took me up to his attic and showed me his old audio stuff he had in his El Camino. 2 10" crunch subs, ran off a RF punch 150 amp. Had some 8"s as well with some 6" mids and some tweets. Check it out! Has most of the original boxes and everything.

dscf2615a.jpg

dscf2616h.jpg

Check out the spiders in there, pretty different than what i'm used to.

dscf2618.jpg

dscf2619.jpg

Magnets were pretty darn beefy, took more than expected to pick them up haha

dscf2620.jpg

Made in America!

dscf2621w.jpg

One of his old school RF amps.

dscf2624m.jpg

dscf2626g.jpg

And the Punch 150. The cooling fins are pretty wickid

dscf2627f.jpg

dscf2628.jpg

dscf2630g.jpg

dscf2631a.jpg

dscf2633m.jpg

dscf2634.jpg

dscf2635j.jpg

Original boxes

dscf2636l.jpg

Perfect condition

dscf2637.jpg

dscf2638e.jpg

Even the sticker it came with, and plastic bag.

dscf2639g.jpg

Warranty card

dscf2640.jpg

dscf2641b.jpg

And the mids/tweets. He said they were made down in cali, cant remember what brand though.

dscf2642g.jpg

Here is the box he built for it all. Mids and tweets each have their own compartment, and it's tuned to who knows what, he just threw some PVC in a hole and called it good haha

dscf2643w.jpg

Grill to hide it all

dscf2644x.jpg

Anyone have any idea if any of that stuff is worth anything? It's all is near perfect condition, just dirty a little. I'm impressed by it. it's all about 15-20 years old.