emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

your not old!! just getting a lil more difficult to read tiny words on the pc screen :rofl2:

Now that's the truth!! :lol:

really like the build!! have you metered this bad boy yet?

Thanks, appreciate it. :wub:

And no, not metered yet. Waiting for a certain meter to come out that ill actually spend money on to get an accurate reading. Was given wrong info on a comp that i planned to attend, so i was a week late. Next one is in aug. or sept. around here. So sometime or another it's bound to happen, right?

Washed the CRX today. Figured I could change up some stickers. Don't know if I like it or not. At least I got some SSA on my ride now, thanks to Aaron! :woot:

dscf3092r.jpg

dscf3090o.jpg

:woot: I think it looks ok, much better than the rides you see with large decals everywhere.

:woot: I think it looks ok, much better than the rides you see with large decals everywhere.

Thanks. I just think it looks naked without anything back there. Should get that window tinted, maybe that would help lol

I think the build turned out pretty well man. I like the 4 12's as opposed to 15's or an 18 etc. Something new. Has your friend never heard a sub before or something, lol?

Im sure he has just never 4 12's in a little crx hatchback haha. I went to a little show here in my town and there was a crx with 2 12" dc xl's that was louder then 4 15" mayhems in a pickup truck cant remember what it was, always wanted one of those little honda's haha

Man you have gotta let me buy that car lol...or at least take a listen :D

Ill give ya' a listen if you're ever around. Plan to keep the car for quite a while :drink40:

I think the build turned out pretty well man. I like the 4 12's as opposed to 15's or an 18 etc. Something new. Has your friend never heard a sub before or something, lol?

Thanks. I had a 15, but like the idea of multiple subs better as well. Still want to own an 18 just to say i have one though lol.

Im sure he has just never 4 12's in a little crx hatchback haha. I went to a little show here in my town and there was a crx with 2 12" dc xl's that was louder then 4 15" mayhems in a pickup truck cant remember what it was, always wanted one of those little honda's haha

Exactly. I'm the only one in my "friend group" with a car that runs, let alone any type of sound system. I have nothing to compare to, other than my past systems. Shits on everything else that i've listened to so far :ughdunno: I'm happy with where it's going... just waiting for stuff to get in stock and produced to do anything more to it!

Thanks for all the positive comments all, keep em' coming. Positive or not! :dancing:

Looks great broham. I would tint the rear window, are you?

Looks great broham. I would tint the rear window, are you?

Thanks! Yeah, i plan to get all the tint redone anyways. Just a matter of actually doing it.

That darn tweeter has given me problems since day one. It didn't fit in the cup correctly, that's why it fell out so often. Finally one of the wires broke so i re soldered them on. But not it doesn't play. Can't figure out what's going on with it, haven't done much troubleshooting though.

On the sub side of things, i get a whistle now. Think i have a leak somewhere, need to find it, it's super annoying. :ohnoes9:

Hopefully DC gets the alt that i want in on Friday, cuz I'm ready to order it!

Looks like with the 4-12s (i got it right this time) you are going to have to start putting your car back together!! It's falling apart!

Looks like with the 4-12s (i got it right this time) you are going to have to start putting your car back together!! It's falling apart!

:fing34:

I'm ok with that.

12's doing work for sure!

12's doing work for sure!

Just need more voltage...

So about the squeaking/leak i hear. I think it's the two top panels of the box separating or something. When i take the bottom left sub out it goes away. Put some SDS butyl rope down as another sealant and it's still there. When i pushed on a certain place the noise went away/got quieter. So i put in a few wood screws to try and secure things, but not its just a lower pitch noise im hearing. :ughdunno: Hope my box isn't blowing apart. :jon:

I love crx builds, love CRX SIs even more, Im trying to get my hands on a co-worke's who owns one and does not drive.

I love crx builds, love CRX SIs even more, Im trying to get my hands on a co-worke's who owns one and does not drive.

Do it, they're super fun. Only thing on the Si model is that bass and sunroofs don't mix. Trust me, i've broken pieces so i can't open mine without it falling off the rails, now it's useless and making rattles! :suicide-santa:

Took a 9v battery to the problem tweeter, didn't hear the "pop" so i've concluded it's blown. Ordered a new set of tweeters from HarmanAudio. Now i have 2 pairs of tweeters that have one blown. Why is it always the right side that blows???

Drove to Seattle for a couple days. Driving around town didn't bug me much, but when you're sitting and listening to your system for hours at a time with a speaker missing (my right tweeter) it starts to get to ya'! haha Got home to a brown box waiting for me.

dscf3176.jpg

dscf3177i.jpg

dscf3178f.jpg

dscf3180e.jpg

dscf3181f.jpg

A lot of packaging for a couple tweeters, eh'?

Swapped the blown one out, but it's still curious as to why this one blew. Power shouldn't be a problem. Maybe from low voltage possibly :ughdunno: Everything else seems to be fine.

Weren't you running those JBLs passive with the crossovers they came with??? If so that is just weird!? :ughdunno:

I am going to have to guess that the tweeters are not at fault here. Looks like a component in the signal path on the right side has a bad thingy lol.

Is there a "pop" noise when the system is turned on that could be blowing your tweets?

Weren't you running those JBLs passive with the crossovers they came with??? If so that is just weird!? :ughdunno:

Yeah, they are wired in with the passive Xovers. Don't know what happened! I've checked the connections and wire runs a couple times, everything looks fine. :ughdunno: If it happens again, i have a spare at least. Then i know something is REALLY wrong. Maybe that tweet was just a lemon?

I am going to have to guess that the tweeters are not at fault here. Looks like a component in the signal path on the right side has a bad thingy lol.

Is there a "pop" noise when the system is turned on that could be blowing your tweets?

I don't hear a pop. A faint click from my 1500 when it turns off/on, but that's not the amp I would suspect to hurt my tweet. The last tweet blew running active, so who knows what i've done lol poor little speakers.