emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

Whoa, 90/hr is pretty steep. Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Good luck getting it all installed.

Thanks! Calling MM on tuesday to figure it out. Should be easy, i just don't know anything about this wiring.

Went to Import Face off today. Forgot my damn camera. Usaci event, metered in the kick (the only place they were putting the meter, besides the port) a 148.8. I'm pretty darn happy with that. about 15 cars showed up, out of everyone playing the 30 sec. music i was the loudest i believe. :dancing: I just want my damn alt in. This gives me a starting point though. I Do want to see a 150 on the dash though, i'm sure that's much more difficult.

Good score bro.

Seems like alts are a fussy component. Appears to me that stock is by far the most reliable (from mo experiences).

Great score, hope your alt situation is resolved.

My timing belt, tensioner, and water pump seal was like 600, and cv joint has to be removed for removing alt as well.

Man your score is awesome :D

Good score bro.

Seems like alts are a fussy component. Appears to me that stock is by far the most reliable (from mo experiences).

Thanks. We will see tomorrow after i give Eric a call on what to do. I talked with a guy at the show and he said it may just be a turn on lead that i need to run to the battery. But that doesn't make any sense with the yellow wire connected to the + terminal post on the alt already. We will see. Hope it's an easy fix! Stock is semi-reliable, it's nowhere near large enough for my amps though.

Great score, hope your alt situation is resolved.

My timing belt, tensioner, and water pump seal was like 600, and cv joint has to be removed for removing alt as well.

Man your score is awesome :D

I just need to talk myself into thats what i would have to pay anywhere. Just sucks that i was quote for 300 at the other shop and couldn't do it there.

Thanks on the score, i thought that in the kick it was easy to get good numbers? I want to know what i do at the headrest and on the dash. May look into renting a Russian meter from shizzon for a month to test.

Where exactly is 'the kick'? lol

But that is an awesome score man! gratz!

The sensor is placed in the kickpanel area which is near the feet.

Thanks!

The sensor is placed in the kickpanel area which is near the feet.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

hope you have some better luck watts... I'm looking at snaggin' a MM alternator and hoping to have a serpentine belt changed at the same time so I don't have much in labor going on... Need to get my monies right ...

got the electrical connections figured out. Now I'm just doubting if this large of an alt will fit.. looking on how to drop the CV axle..

Update: It's not the CV joint that's in the way. The pulley is too wide, making the whole alt too wide between the oil pan and some metal bracing. Grandpa is coming over to help think of a way to get some of the metal out of the way..

Double update!: Alt is in, now it's just finding the right sized serpentine belt..

got the electrical connections figured out. Now I'm just doubting if this large of an alt will fit.. looking on how to drop the CV axle..

Update: It's not the CV joint that's in the way. The pulley is too wide, making the whole alt too wide between the oil pan and some metal bracing. Grandpa is coming over to help think of a way to get some of the metal out of the way..

Double update!: Alt is in, now it's just finding the right sized serpentine belt..

Sweet!!! Did you just have to use one of the wires from the factory plug? You may have posted this but I guess I missed it.

In case anyone misses this. :D

Did you have to grind anything down to make it fit?

Sweet!!! Did you just have to use one of the wires from the factory plug? You may have posted this but I guess I missed it.

Yeah, the put the wrong connector on the red and green wire, had to go get some male terminals to plug right into the green plug. Said to use electrical tape to cover up the other holes. Easy :D

Yeah, had to take a bit out. I'll try to take a picture of it today. Need to clean and rearrange my room today. Work at 4 again. Stupid stuff getting in the way of car audio... :WTFBubble:

Yeah, the put the wrong connector on the red and green wire, had to go get some male terminals to plug right into the green plug. Said to use electrical tape to cover up the other holes. Easy :D

Yeah, had to take a bit out. I'll try to take a picture of it today. Need to clean and rearrange my room today. Work at 4 again. Stupid stuff getting in the way of car audio... :WTFBubble:

Well I'm glad you were able to make it work. That's the thing I'm dreading, paying the shop to tear the car apart, go to install the alt, and it doesn't fit. *crosses fingers*

Tried 3 different belts, last size that's available from my shop will be here in the morning. This better work! If not i may have to look into getting a custom bracket, and I don't have that money right now. :suicide-santa:

Ant is in, and working great! :wub::bigok::woot::rofl2::dancing:

Couple comparison pictures.

dscf3232q.jpg

dscf3233n.jpg

dscf3234pt.jpg

dscf3235j.jpg

Getting voltage/install video put together. May get it finished today. Need to go mow a lawn and make a couple bucks!

New alt looks sexy! You'll have to tell us how it performs!

New alt looks sexy! You'll have to tell us how it performs!

Better than stock ;) I'll show how much better in the video. Rode around and listened to a couple songs today.. Ears hurt! Definitely louder, I'm happy :morepower1:

:woot: Glad you got it in and working.

That's awesome that you made your system noticably louder by adding an alternator, :dancing:

I've never had the oppurtunity to get in a car that needed a H/O alt.

:woot: Glad you got it in and working.

Oh you and me both! :morepower1:

That's awesome that you made your system noticably louder by adding an alternator, :dancing:

I've never had the oppurtunity to get in a car that needed a H/O alt.

Makes total sense. Higher voltage=more power on tap=more WATTS! And it's cleaner, not at 12.XX anymore (I have already got it down there though, on super low notes turned it wayy up, smelt some coil from all the powa'!)! Like I said, I want another 1200.

Haha yeah that's awesome! Keep up the good work! :popcorn:

Nice before, during and after vids!!! Kudos to taking on this install yourself!!! I know that is not the easiest spot to work in. Ten pounds of **it going into a 5lb hole!!

:woot::morepower1:

:woot:

Isn't a great feeling finally getting it installed, wires ran, jumping inside, starting it up, and boom excellent voltage. :woot::woot::woot: