ViperC

What Would Be Better?

Hey guys what would you think be better for my single cab truck 3 Sundown SA 8s on a SA 1000D or 3 SSA Dcon 12s Running on a SA 1000D? Please respond fast

For your goals and application, both.

Dude, as M5 stated in the other thread, most likely you don't have the proper room for 12's in the cab of that truck. Three SA-8's could do well though.

but what one would be better

but what one would be better

Like he said, both. They would be perfectly acceptable because they both fit the goals that you stated in your first post of this thread. :ughdunno:

Again, post your space first BEFORE any other questions. Without knowing there is NO answer. Install is everything.

Again, post your space first BEFORE any other questions. Without knowing there is NO answer. Install is everything.

truer words have never been typed before!

i have 62 inches across wall to wall and 20 high but it can go higher and the max it can go forward is aroud 9 inches is that better info.?

SA-8's dude... In optimal setup SSA 12 would be better but you don't have optimal apparently... Go with the SA-8's... kbye?

You do not have room for 3 12's, and why 3 of any subs?

What exactly are you trying to do Bro? Slow down before you waste you money.

i want to have a good loud system and i thought that ether 3 of the SA 8s would be loud or the 3 SSA 12s i just want to have a nice clean loud stereo.

Get some SA-8's and maybe ported....

i want to have a good loud system and i thought that ether 3 of the SA 8s would be loud or the 3 SSA 12s i just want to have a nice clean loud stereo.

What is your budget for amps, subs, box, wiring? How much of that space do you realistically want to give up? Remember you do still have to drive it. lol

Here is the deal Bro, you will find the help you need on here, but you need to slow down and give all the details.

The more time you take to write a post describing what your after, how much you have to spend, what you have, your level of experience, etc, etc, the happier you will be in the end.

This can get expensive, especially if you have to do it over and over because you didnt take time to do it right the first time. Details Bro, the more the better.

There are plenty of other forums where you can post something like you are trying to do here and everyone will just start naming shit. Get DC Subs, AQ Bro, or PM me I have some used pile of shit to sell you. This is not that kind of forum. You WILL actually get some help around here, but it is up to you to give us something to work with. The more specific and detailed you are, the happier you will be in the end!!!!!

Ok here is everything i will slow down. i am willing to spend 400 on subs and 300 on amp and i am willing to give up room behind my seats. i just want something that will be super loud like i would like to get some good LOUD BASS i have had some bad luck with stereos in the past and want some good loud subs and a nice amp i am willing to have a box all the way across the back of my truck seats and have the seats a lil forward. if anyone can help me out and let me know some nice subs that i am looking for please message me back. i am looking to get some nice flex out of it and make some nice vids and possible go to some shows so if anyone can help me please give me some ideas..

Ok here is everything i will slow down. i am willing to spend 400 on subs and 300 on amp and i am willing to give up room behind my seats. i just want something that will be super loud like i would like to get some good LOUD BASS i have had some bad luck with stereos in the past and want some good loud subs and a nice amp i am willing to have a box all the way across the back of my truck seats and have the seats a lil forward. if anyone can help me out and let me know some nice subs that i am looking for please message me back. i am looking to get some nice flex out of it and make some nice vids and possible go to some shows so if anyone can help me please give me some ideas..

From the begining question that you have asked the members here have given answers. The main responce has been that the correct enclosure size will matter more than how many/size subs. You have posted above you have had bad luck in the past, don't continue in the same direction. It takes more than some subs and an amp to attain what I beleive you are looking for, and the responces above reflect that.

As ///M5 stated: "Again, post your space first BEFORE any other questions. Without knowing there is NO answer. Install is everything."

Then Sir Lancelot stated: "You WILL actually get some help around here, but it is up to you to give us something to work with. The more specific and detailed you are, the happier you will be in the end!!!!!"

Start with what you have and were you want to go, then it will be easier to help fill in the blanks and add to them...

Start with what you have and were you want to go, then it will be easier to help fill in the blanks and add to them...

[/quote

ok i have one 12 right now will a lil 800 watt amp i had 2 12s before but the cone ripped when they sent it the company would not replace it.. i have been saving my money for a while now and have really looked around at what i want to buy and what i want to do with it. i would like to get 3 of some sub whatever you guys recommend and and sundown amp to power the three. i would also possibly like to make a ported box if it will work. my measurements are 8in deep 62 wide and 25 high i have been looking at sundown subs and SSA subs but am not sure what to get. if you guys could help me out it would be great i have a single cab truck and am wondering what would be the best loudest thing i can do. i have MB quart mids and highs all around my truck running on a 400 watt amp. so if this is enough info fo you guys to know what i am looking at getting please let me know. i just want something really loud :)

How about a pair of DCON 10" in a optimal ported enclosure. :drink40:

The SA-10 from Sundown like a small enclosure and would probably fit your space better.

With your max dimensions you are looking at around 3.5cf after sub and port displacement is removed and that is really pushing it.

I too would also look at some Dcons or the Sundown SA subs. They do well in smallish ported boxes.

I would personally play it safe and go with 2 10's, but you may be able to get 12's in there with the right box design. The Dcons get pretty loud on small power which is good. You wold be good on stock electrical and wont have to spend a ton on a big amp.

Really big bass is not going to happen in your vehicle unless you cut it all to hell and back, but if you lower your expectations just a little.......you can have a really nice set up with some great bass.

With your max dimensions you are looking at around 3.5cf after sub and port displacement is removed and that is really pushing it.

I too would also look at some Dcons or the Sundown SA subs. They do well in smallish ported boxes.

I would personally play it safe and go with 2 10's, but you may be able to get 12's in there with the right box design. The Dcons get pretty loud on small power which is good. You wold be good on stock electrical and wont have to spend a ton on a big amp.

Really big bass is not going to happen in your vehicle unless you cut it all to hell and back, but if you lower your expectations just a little.......you can have a really nice set up with some great bass.

Thanks For all the help! I will look into it and keep talking to you

You're in good hands, here.

Do you really want 3 subs ? You don't need a lot of subs to sound good and loud.

Keep reading on this forum and keep asking questions. You will be very happy if you take the time to "build" the right system for you AND your car !

But remember, install is everything!

It seems what you are looking for bro, is yet to be found. From your details, I can tell you will probably get too excited and mess things up, or you will be totally stupid and go to a CA shop and pay a "gazillion" bucks for garbage.

Apparently you are too "rushed" about your system, and I can almost promise you that you don't have a comfortable 9" behind your seats.

Take a little time and think hard about what you want, your choices are limited, so pick the right one.

I'd mock a box as big as possible and put it in there and really see. I think your measurements are "generous" and if you make a plan with them it won't work. No way you have room for three, nor do you want the impedance load of three woofers, nor do you have the budget for 3. My real guess is that you are going to be pushing it even fitting one 12" behind there as there really isn't much space.

Just take your time, everyone here is willing to help you step by step as long as you are willing to listen and provide info needed to help make a good choice.