kryptonitewhite

what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

What is the cheapest route to get 150dB at 25Hz? Two hardcore 15's and two SAZ amps, one HO alt and 10 batteries? Small vehicle walled or CRX subs up port back? How much would it all cost? Fiberglass, MDF, 2x4's, all thread, sound deadener, decent looking/running vehicle.

Be experienced and know what do to when it comes to installation.

Lots and lots of cone area or lots and lots of power.

Dereks stang has 3 18's with a ton of power.

Install, install, install, testing, testing, testing!

+1 +1 +1 :noob:

I am no competator or pro, I am admitting I failed and I was wrong with my build. so I am here :)

How much would you guesstimate his build to cost?

I thought I could pull it off with my four 18's and 16,000 RMS as long as I gave them 55+ cubic feet... I got a 148.2dB. I am ashamed. At least I tried :)

+1 +1 +1 :noob:

YES, I am "noob", did I come to the right place? I thought if you knew it all you didnt come here, you went to competes and threw up numbers. If you dont know, then you come here and ask you guys?

Really?... such a vague thread with no point really.sorry to sound like an ass.

It's OK, I really am an ass, better to jus sound like one

I was vague to be clear, thought my point was simple : cheapest way to get 150dB @ 25Hz

I was vague to be clear, thought my point was simple : cheapest way to get 150dB @ 25Hz

At least tell us what car, what electrical upgrades you're planning...? Box, wall ?

It's not magic !!! Give more info so people can try to help you.

Good luck.

At least tell us what car, what electrical upgrades you're planning...? Box, wall ?

It's not magic !!! Give more info so people can try to help you.

Good luck.

Let me try this again:

To get 150dB @ 25Hz, what car should I get? What do i need for electric? What sort of box should I build? Should I wall it?

I dont have any magic, if I SELL the van and START FROM SCRATCH and have the SAME BUDGET (calculating now, get back to you ASAP) what should I get?

:)

Thanks for the luck, I know I need it. Sorry to be facetious.

List your current equipment.

Are the 18s you have in your van IB? :peepwall:

If not, have you tried making the volume smaller by filling the enclosure up with objects, wood, etc, and then adjust tuning?

:morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1:

Youre going to need ATLEAST 2 big ass alternators(250 amps maybe). Some beefy batts like the d3100 (probably upwards of 5). Oh and you are going to need to have an epiphany concerning your install, unless you plan on doing several for testing purposes. If youre not careful, you could easily spend well over $10,000, not including the car itself. You have to take into consideration the cost of accessories like cable, sound deadening, mdf etc.

Good Luck with the idea but you are really going to have t FULLY committ to this build if you want those numbers.

List your current equipment.

Are the 18s you have in your van IB? :peepwall:

If not, have you tried making the volume smaller by filling the enclosure up with objects, wood, etc, and then adjust tuning?

yes they are, originally I had 110 cubic feet but despite the roof and side panels being extremely ridgid, they tried to tear apart from eachother so i had to build the rear wall bringing me down to about 55 cubic feet and 22Hz tune

:morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1::morepower1:

Youre going to need ATLEAST 2 big ass alternators(250 amps maybe). Some beefy batts like the d3100 (probably upwards of 5). Oh and you are going to need to have an epiphany concerning your install, unless you plan on doing several for testing purposes. If youre not careful, you could easily spend well over $10,000, not including the car itself. You have to take into consideration the cost of accessories like cable, sound deadening, mdf etc.

Good Luck with the idea but you are really going to have t FULLY committ to this build if you want those numbers.

I currently have four AP30001Ds, an Iraggi 220A alt, EA 300A alt, two 100aH AGMs, and one factory sized AGM. I am waiting on BLADE ICE to finish my brackets to mount the 300A EA alt.

$10,000 not including the vehicle for 150s?!?!?!?! for real?!?!?!?!?! I only need it 150dB around 20Hz-29Hz, above that doesnt matter :(

Or just 48 SA-10s. No big deal. :roflmao:

doesnt that surpass my to-be-determined budget lol

haha yeah most likely man lol. CHeck the vids on the forum somebody, I dont recall who, hit like a 160 and 30hz behind the c pillar with 48 sa-10s.

But on a more serious note, I didnt realize you already had that much equipment. I wish it was as easy as to come on the forum ask how something is done than do it. Unfortunately, it isnt and you might have to resort to the testing that you are trying to avoid. Like i said, unless you have an epiphany about a certain install you should do, you are probably goin to have to test several and see what installs yield the highest scores.

22 Hz tune ?

Should go up with the tuning on your next build if you want to hit those numbers.

It will be easier to reach 150 @ 50 hz than 30 !!!

What is your goal exactly ?

22 Hz tune ?

Should go up with the tuning on your next build if you want to hit those numbers.

It will be easier to reach 150 @ 50 hz than 30 !!!

What is your goal exactly ?

Ground Pounder!!!

did a 151.4 @25hz with 4 SSA ICON 15's on two Ap30001d's. 5 batteries, one stock alt, and one 120amp alt. In 94 Geo Metro. so around.......

around 2k in equipment including the car :ehh:

Poor little Geo !!! I remember some pics or vids. Impressive !!!:dancing:

It took us 4 DD 3515"s on a single DD Amp with 4 extra batteries on a stock Alternator. It was in a 2006 Standard cab Ram with a 6th order blow though.

It did 152's at 29Hz and 150 at 22Hz and 150 at 33Hz. :-)