smashedz28

daaaaamn

can you believe this shit? outrageous if you ask me.

ScreenShot003.jpg

just figured I would share, kinda steep for a sub I paid $200 for. Sub isnt even blown, just was curious on how much it would cost to freshen it up. ouch.

TREO hundred.

Wow, that's funny for a 200 dolla' sub. See if Fi can do you some service.

i bought it used for $200, im sure its a ton more new. Not really interested in reconing it anymore, moved on to the next one lol. Maybe come back to it someday who knows. Might sell it?

holy shyt! :peepwall:

"Freshen up" is something I don't understand...but yes, like most Treo stuff absurd

Just a crazy idea I had. Suspension isnt very tight. cone moves with ease. Still unsure of this but the coils read higher than what i usually see on a D2 coiled subwoofer, think it was close to 2.4 per coil.. thought it was a sign of being abused or worn out?? still unsure on any truth to that. either way i thought i had nothing to loose and emailed for info on a recone. Go ahead and throw that idea out the window. Buying a used subwoofer you never truly know how the person before you treated it.

A couple years ago they requested a photo of the old softparts when I asked for a recone. Now it seems they won't even sell recones.

Yeah, sounds like you could sell it and get something with traditional recones.

Good choice in moving on to another brand of subwoofer. I had always heard TREO was expensive, but holy :bull: that is expensive for a recone.

Just a crazy idea I had. Suspension isnt very tight. cone moves with ease. Still unsure of this but the coils read higher than what i usually see on a D2 coiled subwoofer, think it was close to 2.4 per coil.. thought it was a sign of being abused or worn out?? still unsure on any truth to that. either way i thought i had nothing to loose and emailed for info on a recone. Go ahead and throw that idea out the window. Buying a used subwoofer you never truly know how the person before you treated it.

Coils can't really change *assuming they are working*. Suspension not being tight can change the t/s a bit, but normally broken in is how'd you like to run them. Not saying it hurt to ask, just wanted to point out if it works no need :)

Their mark ups are nutty, nearly DD levels. Maybe I need to mark up our products like crazy so price associated hype will ensue.

Their mark ups are nutty, nearly DD levels. Maybe I need to mark up our products like crazy so price associated hype will ensue.

...most of the DD crowd scares me...

I'm part of the DD crowd right now.

Granted its only beacuse the XCon couldnt do what I wanted at a price I paid for 4 DD 9512's.

J

rediculous for a recone

Granted its only beacuse the XCon couldnt do what I wanted at a price I paid for 4 DD 9512's.

J

Show Adrian a mohawk pic and it might help sustain his theory.

4 dd9512s for the same price as the xcon? did you rob someone? lol. I saw someone selling a blown dd9512g for 300 plus shipping. IF I was looking at anything from DD, I'd still go with audioque when its time to buy. :)

Does it have alot of spider sag to it? If you look straight across the spider you can tell.That will change the reading of the coils

Edited by jj1479

Does it have alot of spider sag to it? If you look straight across the spider you can tell.That will change the reading of the coils

No..

A coil has X feet of wire on it for a desired dcr.

The only time you get added resistance is when you get a tinsel popping or a solder joint that is half melted from clipping the thing to death.

J

Show Adrian a mohawk pic and it might help sustain his theory.

I will find one of my Du-Hawk pics on my Photobucket when I get back to my CHU and add it in.

4 dd9512s for the same price as the xcon? did you rob someone? lol. I saw someone selling a blown dd9512g for 300 plus shipping. IF I was looking at anything from DD, I'd still go with audioque when its time to buy. :)

No theft. Black Friday sale. 4 BRAND NEW DD 9512's dirt cheap. Lets just say (not that SSA doesn't treat me right) but they sure showed some appreciation for me being stuck in Iraq for a year and buying gear thats going to sit for over six months waiting on me to come back.

J

Theory proven Adrian?

NEWYORK_002.jpg

J

No..

The only time you get added resistance is when you get a tinsel popping or a solder joint that is half melted from clipping the thing to death.

good to know, there is no spider sag, everything looks as it should from what I can see. Could very well have been clipped to all hell though before i bought it. either way its going to take its new home on the shelf in the garage till i figure out what i want to do with it ;)

DSCN0411.jpg

th_DSCN0423.jpg

No..

Then why does the ohms change when you put pressure on the cone or set something light on it? Wouldn't that change what the amp see's as to a ohm load or doesn't it work like that?