hardrock2401

Ampless component suggestions

Well if people would take the time to read my first post I stated I do not expect them to keep up with my sub stage....call me wierd but I dont drive around listening to my system full tilt all the time. My sub is turned down most all the time, I just want something with decent output that will sound ok without an amp.

Then just go to sonicelectronix and read reviews on 6.5 comps and pick a set?

x2, your asking a site where 99% of people actually put amps on their interior speakers

[quote name=hardrock2401' timestamp='132155023I

9' post='852427]

Well if people would take the time to read my first post I stated I do not expect them to keep up with my sub stage....call me wierd but I dont drive around listening to my system full tilt all the time. My sub is turned down most all the time, I just want something with decent output that will sound ok without an amp.

Then just go to sonicelectronix and read reviews on 6.5 comps and pick a set?

x2, your asking a site where 99% of people actually put amps on their interior speakers

Lol!

He ain't gonna go for it. He's set on hu power which means any entry level set will sound similar.

He ain't gonna go for it. He's set on hu power which means any entry level set will sound similar.

Nooooooo bro, please dont suggest him an amplifier or he will :suicide-santa:

Nooooooo bro, please dont suggest him an amplifier or he will :suicide-santa:

He's not gonna go for an amp. Wont happen.

i dont see how theres no room for an amp that is 5.25" x 8.25" x 2" (the vibe amp julian listed)

that lil pucker will fit somehwere lmao but ill probably just piss the op off some more wit this post :ohnoes9:

i dont see how theres no room for an amp that is 5.25" x 8.25" x 2" (the vibe amp julian listed)

that lil pucker will fit somehwere lmao but ill probably just piss the op off some more wit this post :ohnoes9:

:peepwall::sleepwerd4:

I misread ur first post. I thought you DID want it to keep up. Personally I prefer Focal. I run polyglass 165's in my daily beater off stock headunit.

If all you want is H/U power then go to wally world and get the cheapest speakers they sell and go with them then.

H/U power only lasts so long till you need more and if you like to go full range then its an absolute must to have one since you'll more than likely need around 125w just to get the midbass loud enough.

Here is one little powerhouse of an amp @125w x2 @4ohm, bridgeable for 250x1@4ohm mono and it is not much bigger than a standard wallet you put in your back pocket.

But hey to each their own i guess.

http://www.****/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/96004-soundigital-sd250-2d.html

Hertz or Rainbow, but that's like having a ferrari and stuck in a school zone without an amp.

But I don't agree with just picking up cheap speakers. Cheap speakers sound cheap imo.

I have a set of Polk DXi on headunit power in one of my cars and they sound decent. Way better than the Eclipse that was in there.

Buddy has a set of Phoenix Gold (not sure of exact model) running off an Alpine and they sound good as well.

Again, it's hard to suggest speakers because what I like you may not, or the next guy.

I ran my Focal K2s off head unit power for awhile. They sounded great but obviously the HU had it's limitations.

But then I amped them and it blew me away how much better it was.

He doesnt want a amp can anybody suggest any components.

My RSD's have been stuck on my HU in my Jimmy for quite a while now since I cannot seem to make the time to build my amp rack and install everything. They do surprisingly well for being on the HU, a Kenwood KDC-X492. I know they have a lot more to offer than what they can give off just the HU's power but they do surprise me from time to time at the output they are capable of on that power. Of course proper sound deadening is playing a key role in that result as well, that cannot be overlooked whether you're amping the components or not.

Since you're dead set against amping them, that's the best answer I can offer. I have ID CTX's as well, but have no idea what they sound like as I've not had a chance to play with them yet for the same reasons nothing else is done.

Kicker DS6.2 components.

I have these Hybrid Audio Imagine's running off my Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

http://store.12velectronics.com/imagine-i61-2-6-5-component-coaxial-speaker-set/

I like the way they sound now but will amp them later to get the most out of them. They sound great right now but still want to experience the "night and day" difference that I've read about many speakers amp'd. Smooth highs and had to deaden my doors, midbass was rattling my poor Camry door. These speakers made me listen to music louder for longer periods of time because they sound much better than my previous setup. You can use them as coaxial or component with the tweeters off-axis.

My previous setup was Infinity 60.5CS which was also run off the headunit. They had loud detailed yet very harsh tweeters. Never had to deaden my doors, they have very weak midbass compared to the Imagine's.

I suggest finding some 2-ohm comps to maximize your HU power. The other suggestion would be find driver with high sensitivity.

I was being a bit over sarcastic in my last post, to be honest though in what to get i would get something in the $300 to $400 range of quality so in the event down the road you do ever feel like throwing some power to them you'll be set and won't need to make another upgrade later on with the exception to adding more deadener to the door. I would stay away from low impedance speakers cause a lot of H/U's don't like anything below 4ohm and you risk blowing the onboard amp.

If you dont want to amp id say re comps(not the xxx's). They are 50 watts rms, and sound really nice. The magnet on them is significantly larger/stronger than the other comps I have had experience with(which isnt many), and they start getting loud off of little power.