Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

HO alt would help even more

HO alt would help even more

Still on the fence of what company to roll with...

320 Amp SPX-i High Output Alternator for 2007 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6

hmmmm.

Thought you had decided & was just working on the $$.

Thought you had decided & was just working on the $$.

Decided on brack, which is $$$, but not sure if I want to run his alts, even being local lol.

Gotcha bro ;) I know it's an expensive decision & gotta feel comfortable with it.

Gotcha bro wink.png I know it's an expensive decision & gotta feel comfortable with it.

exactly, I'm really picky, its my only DD, so, can't take a risk like that, especially with all the road trips and daily commutes.

I know quite a few locals that run Singer alts & have been very happy. A few guys are competitors that you talked to at finals.v

hmmmm.

You mention being worried because of your vehicle being a daily driver, but mention an alt with a 2 year warranty. Even I can see that Singer or Tenney would be a better choice just because of their lifetime warranty. I would probably do Singer over Tenney ATM, but to each their own I guess.

Little background why I say Singer.. Having more issues with my Tenney again. This is the second time and now he's saying the alt I sent back had nothing wrong with it. This time I took videos. It simply stopped charging at low RPM, but whatever. I will keep getting replacements since I have a lifetime warranty. Just imagine for a sec though. Alternators main enemy is heat. Hi amp alternators go out just as much as stock ones do. After 2 years you may just be spending another 700 bucks as to where "if my company is still around" I still get a free replacement.

While I do agree that the alternator you picked is a lot better quality. It doesn't make up for the fact that you're paying a lot more for a lot less in the long run. I know I tried to make sense by stating for you to go for quantity over quality, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay for 4 of those lol. Get the damn quad bracket setup for ad244's and just be happy man. You can get friggin 400+amp alternators and will look back and laugh at the idea of staying with a single alt setup. Especially for your future plans. You could always get the alt for now and sell it later too. Enough logic though. Just get a damn HO alt already. It almost pisses me off to see you running all your equipment off of a stock alternator. I mean what'd the poor thing do to you? lol

hmmmm.

You mention being worried because of your vehicle being a daily driver, but mention an alt with a 2 year warranty. Even I can see that Singer or Tenney would be a better choice just because of their lifetime warranty. I would probably do Singer over Tenney ATM, but to each their own I guess.

Little background why I say Singer.. Having more issues with my Tenney again. This is the second time and now he's saying the alt I sent back had nothing wrong with it. This time I took videos. It simply stopped charging at low RPM, but whatever. I will keep getting replacements since I have a lifetime warranty. Just imagine for a sec though. Alternators main enemy is heat. Hi amp alternators go out just as much as stock ones do. After 2 years you may just be spending another 700 bucks as to where "if my company is still around" I still get a free replacement.

While I do agree that the alternator you picked is a lot better quality. It doesn't make up for the fact that you're paying a lot more for a lot less in the long run. I know I tried to make sense by stating for you to go for quantity over quality, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay for 4 of those lol. Get the damn quad bracket setup for ad244's and just be happy man. You can get friggin 400+amp alternators and will look back and laugh at the idea of staying with a single alt setup. Especially for your future plans. You could always get the alt for now and sell it later too. Enough logic though. Just get a damn HO alt already. It almost pisses me off to see you running all your equipment off of a stock alternator. I mean what'd the poor thing do to you? lol

This right here is exactly what made me choose Singer over his competitors, that and his amazing customer service. I can't vouch on the product yet though as mine isn't due to be done until the end of this week. But I will say what made me stay away from Tenney is that a lot of my emails had to be sent a few times over a 2 week span and I still wouldn't receive a reply

Mechman is the only alt I will run after seeing their C/S first hand and the power and reliability of my 370.

Mechman is the only alt I will run after seeing their C/S first hand and the power and reliability of my 370.

Hey wait, aren't both of your alternators damn near the same. Why not swap with Senchez and let him feel the power for a little while?

hmmmm.

This right here is exactly what made me choose Singer over his competitors, that and his amazing customer service. I can't vouch on the product yet though as mine isn't due to be done until the end of this week. But I will say what made me stay away from Tenney is that a lot of my emails had to be sent a few times over a 2 week span and I still wouldn't receive a reply

The one thing I will add is that Brent has never really had an issue with responsiveness. He's done a decent job at making sure my emails do go answered. Then again he tries to make himself available too many places (facebook, phone, text, yahoo, and website). I think it was just growing overwhelming after a while and he did end up telling people all over the way the preferred method he would like to conduct business and seems to do best with his yahoo email address. 

My singer alt seems legit in all ways, no real comparison.as far as previously used equipment for like facts, singer treats us like family imo.

I see you have a ZED Ra, i have one of those as well. What do you think about it?

I have a mechman, excessive amp, and mean green alternators.

needed a smaller pulley for all of them, but they all have worked just fine.

impulse buys on forums will get me everytime lol

Well, on Friday, I beat the hell out of the Evil. Did a lot of driving around town, about 5 hours worth totatl and gave the evil all I had lol. Took everything with no problem. She got hot of course, really hot on the magnet and the coil. Then today was a show, was really bringing in a crowd around my vehicle.  A LOT of people really liked my setup. Kept getting complimented on how clean the installation was. Gave a lot of demos. And pretty much all the responses were great. So overall I'm very happy. I got really upset though because I did poopy in the DB Drag Bass Race. Was my first time, so it whatever lol. I did win a meca event though.

2013-04-07175225_zps6f6bd715.jpg

NIce Job!!!

:woot:

You can choose any alt company you want but if you are in the same application that i am-

Too much power and not enough for alt(s)...

Then there is only one choice to possibly go with and that's DC's XP line. 

You'd be a fool not to in that type of application.  

It'd be the same principle as running 20kw on stock batt..  Doesn't work without using the proper equipment for the proper scenario.

Now, if you have the room to use enough alt for the power you are going to run, i'd widen my choices to-

DC Power HP, SPX, XP

Singer (once he learns how to do hairpin alts)

If he can do them now.. then he'd be on the top of the list as well.

You can do a MechMan elite. I paid for mine Wednesday and should be getting it this Tuesday. You're even closer than I am. You might be able to go pick it up :) I order an elite 370a unit :)

You can do a MechMan elite. I paid for mine Wednesday and should be getting it this Tuesday. You're even closer than I am. You might be able to go pick it up smile.png I order an elite 370a unit smile.png

Mechman makes one hell of an alternator, their elite series is awesome.  Hairpin FTW.

http://www.mechman.com/index.php/products/elite-series.html

Of course we sell these too :)

You can do a MechMan elite. I paid for mine Wednesday and should be getting it this Tuesday. You're even closer than I am. You might be able to go pick it up smile.png I order an elite 370a unit smile.png

Mechman makes one hell of an alternator, their elite series is awesome.  Hairpin FTW.

http://www.mechman.com/index.php/products/elite-series.html

Of course we sell these too smile.png

Perfect lol

I can't watch the videos. That stabilization crap youtube does irritates the shit out of me..