Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Looks like I'm going to go with an 1100maH ego-C Twist with the Kanger Protank 2. Looks like a solid starting point. Any recommendations on where to buy replacement coils? That site 970** has them, but $4 a piece is a little heavy.

Jared- I'm hunting around, just trying to do homework first

J

That's a good call. I started with the Blu the day before I went to Hawaii. I had been cold turkey for almost a month but was being a uptight prick so needed some sort of nicotine and that was the W's suggestion. Mark quit using the Blu last year, which if you remember he was a pretty heavy lemaC smoker. Long story short, I thought the blu sucked as it taste's like meth, and the battery's don't last. I literally would suck until I was blu in the face (pun intended). 

When I got back I tried Ivy's CE4 tank with a 650 mAh eGo battery and realized how well it worked as a nicotine delivery system and without turning blu in the face. I then remembered I had the eGo starter kit someone had given me. I dug it out and bought the CE4 (2.4ohm) tank at Smoker friendly as my girls store was closed that day. The CE4 was good other than the tank buckling and leaking IF carried in your jeans pocket, and the easy to lose o-ring. After losing the o-ring on the CE4 I remembered I had an H2 (1.8ohm with wick mod) tank and 950 mAh battery my girl had given me the last time I tatt'ed on her. Instantly was happier with the bigger hits from the 1.8 coil. Also the H2 is a cleaner, simpler design with less parts to fuck up. Bought the H2 for Ivy to replace her CE4 and she agreed it was a better budget tank. 

I also would question anyone I was working on that had a vape pen. As everyone had a different setup I quickly figured out the two most common battery style setups. The one's Seth talks about are AA size'ish and require a seperate charger like one for AA's. This type requires a head unit to hook the battery case to the tank and serve as the controller. These battery setups require a different battery case for each size mAh battery. The other most common battery is the eGo style ones. These are one piece and screw on to a usb cord for charging. The controller is built in to the eGo battery. I upgraded to the Protank and eGo-C Twist once i had a little time in and knew what I was looking for. Believe me it doesn't hurt to have extra's for backups so even if you start with a basic setup and upgrade once your a little more familiar, the money spent won't be in vein. Or if your like me I just give them to others wanting to start vaping.

If you are just using it as a nicotine delivery system to quit smoking then I suggest get the eGo-C Twist and either the H2 or Protank. The usb cords are like 2 dollars so grab a couple of those too. They did just come out with a slim Protank but the mouth piece has a o-ring push style connection opposed to the

threaded on most tanks. 

See if there is a local vape store to go try things out. Don't let them sell you a kit if it has bullshit you don't need as you can usually piece a setup together for less. 

Actually that is called a drip tip Odds are your protank has a drip tip too. They are called 510 style drip tips, and you can actually buy several cool tips to further customize your vape I currently have ~10 tips, and may swap them out depending on my current mod or my mood.

As far as my mods, only the eVic uses a control head. The others are mechanical mods that use no wires or electronics, they use a simple push button switch. If you look at the bottom of the Nemesis you will see a gap. The bottom of the tube is actually a push button switch. In my Nemmys I opted to upgrade the switches to a magnetic switch.

DSCN2775_zpseee3afa4.jpg

Looks like I'm going to go with an 1100maH ego-C Twist with the Kanger Protank 2. Looks like a solid starting point. Any recommendations on where to buy replacement coils? That site 970** has them, but $4 a piece is a little heavy.

http://www.vaporkings.com/Kanger-ProTank-1-2-and-eVod-atomizer-head-p/protank-atomizer.htm

They are a great seller. I have bought a ton of shit from them, including these coils.

I got my Nemesis clone today. Really an excellent $30 investment.

I got a matte/polished silver unit, Initial thoughts are, it's a nice build, but the finish is slightly different. The button is not as smooth as the real unit. The threading is nice, but again, not like the real unit. The engraving is deeper, but the image is not as detailed. The text on the buttons is similar, but again, the detail isn't there. It hits like the original, like a hammer.

Overall it appears to be a great unit to use at work, and a great way to get into mechanicals for the beginner.

Uncle had to be cut from wrist to shoulder on the inside and outside of his arm to get out the necrotic muscle and tissue and pump more infection out.

Doc thinks he will be able to keep his arm and that they should be able to stop the infection before it spreads from being in his blood.

Absolutely crazy to me.

Yay, more fucking snow on the way.

Uncle had to be cut from wrist to shoulder on the inside and outside of his arm to get out the necrotic muscle and tissue and pump more infection out.

Doc thinks he will be able to keep his arm and that they should be able to stop the infection before it spreads from being in his blood.

Absolutely crazy to me.

Jesus that's scary. What was it again that he cut his arm on?

That's often the story I hear in relation to the disease.  A simple cut and the next thing you know . . . .

Absolutely crazy to me.

Very crazy...best wishes man.

Jared- I'm hunting around, just trying to do homework first

J

That's a good call. I started with the Blu the day before I went to Hawaii. I had been cold turkey for almost a month but was being a uptight prick so needed some sort of nicotine and that was the W's suggestion. Mark quit using the Blu last year, which if you remember he was a pretty heavy lemaC smoker. Long story short, I thought the blu sucked as it taste's like meth, and the battery's don't last. I literally would suck until I was blu in the face (pun intended). 

When I got back I tried Ivy's CE4 tank with a 650 mAh eGo battery and realized how well it worked as a nicotine delivery system and without turning blu in the face. I then remembered I had the eGo starter kit someone had given me. I dug it out and bought the CE4 (2.4ohm) tank at Smoker friendly as my girls store was closed that day. The CE4 was good other than the tank buckling and leaking IF carried in your jeans pocket, and the easy to lose o-ring. After losing the o-ring on the CE4 I remembered I had an H2 (1.8ohm with wick mod) tank and 950 mAh battery my girl had given me the last time I tatt'ed on her. Instantly was happier with the bigger hits from the 1.8 coil. Also the H2 is a cleaner, simpler design with less parts to fuck up. Bought the H2 for Ivy to replace her CE4 and she agreed it was a better budget tank. 

I also would question anyone I was working on that had a vape pen. As everyone had a different setup I quickly figured out the two most common battery style setups. The one's Seth talks about are AA size'ish and require a seperate charger like one for AA's. This type requires a head unit to hook the battery case to the tank and serve as the controller. These battery setups require a different battery case for each size mAh battery. The other most common battery is the eGo style ones. These are one piece and screw on to a usb cord for charging. The controller is built in to the eGo battery. I upgraded to the Protank and eGo-C Twist once i had a little time in and knew what I was looking for. Believe me it doesn't hurt to have extra's for backups so even if you start with a basic setup and upgrade once your a little more familiar, the money spent won't be in vein. Or if your like me I just give them to others wanting to start vaping.

If you are just using it as a nicotine delivery system to quit smoking then I suggest get the eGo-C Twist and either the H2 or Protank. The usb cords are like 2 dollars so grab a couple of those too. They did just come out with a slim Protank but the mouth piece has a o-ring push style connection opposed to the

threaded on most tanks. 

See if there is a local vape store to go try things out. Don't let them sell you a kit if it has bullshit you don't need as you can usually piece a setup together for less.

I think I'm going to have to go in this week or weekend. Get on the way to being cig free.

I'm just shocked Mark quit with the blu.....that is insane.

J

Marky said he would be hugging that thing from the second he woke up at first. Then as time went on he said he would make it half way through the day without even thinking about. 

I could of easily quit after a few months on the Blu also. As I had already went a month. BUT the dynamics of life are currently at a peak so I am not beating myself up over it. As long as I don't start drinking I could care less if I am smoking cigars or a vape pen. Does fell good to be off the Camels though.

The Blue did nothing for me but piss me off. When I am stressed out I chain smoke like a chimney. This damn thing telling me 'enough' didn't get me to slow down, it pissed me off and had me lighting a real cig. Hopefully this time will be different.

J

Its falling here right now, supposed to get 6-10.  Nothing near as lucky as you guys....  Think your snow will be gone by end of March?  

Absolutely crazy to me.

Holy shit Matt! :(

Keep that shit your way!

The wife was looking for a good breakfast mix and she always hated whey protein, so she tried special k and a couple others. I finally talked her into looking at True Nutrition and she designed her own mix with some help from Aaron. Damn if they don't taste good! Makes me never want to buy bulk whey again reguardless of price. She had a creamy peanutbutter blend that tastes like peanutbutter icing and a cocnut one that tastes like pie. Guess they will be getting more business from me.

Thanks again J and Aaron. :)

If you are honestly using it to quit, and not turn it into a hobby, that's probably a perfect setup as far as bang for the buck. My girls just opened a few months ago and are still building inventory. With that said, I think they are more flexible than you would think. If you are buying multiple items and ask for a price match I am sure they would accommodate. You can even drop my name if you want. (Jared, their tattoo guy) I personally support them bc I like to give money to local businesses as I am one.

Thank god ppl can't mail order tattoo's AND that it's a trade you can't "fake it til you make it". :P

Absolutely crazy to me.

Jesus that's scary. What was it again that he cut his arm on?

Not sure. Just slipped and fell on the ice when pulling in the icehouse.