Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

3 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Yup.

Visited the fort and Bacardi!

Going to a smaller island on Sunday. Wanted to go ocean fishing, don't know if I can work it in...

Awesome, did you take lots of pictures?

I hate needy bitches. . . Especially when all they want is the D.

38 minutes ago, denim said:

Yes, took it home to his mothers.

:)

1 hour ago, denim said:

Need an unrevert, or do you know how to switch it?

I haz the power? 

42 minutes ago, nem said:

Awesome, did you take lots of pictures?

I tried to upload some.

Couldn't directly to the thread.

Big camera is hard to haul around here but I have been getting some panoramas with the cell.  I have lost so much weight but I definitely don't have the cardio I need for this place. I basically never stop sweating. Carrying 30 pounds of gear drenched ain't fun.

It's also the fact I'm getting pulled around a bunch. The flight was really hard on my joints. So I can take pain meds that will bump up my BP and I'll be drenched or I can just eat the pain and sweat the pain out lol.

I can't tell you how good it feels to know I can walk through this pain though.

When I went to Rome I pushed myself so far past the limit I was sick for the whole week I was in Paris.

55 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

I haz the power? 

You are a supermod yo.  If you don't see where to with all the software changes, I'll find it and change back to W140.

Best watched for aural stimulation while he drives.

Come on GM, build me a new GNX!  I'd be all over a 4 door Avista with a TTv6Buick_Avista_concept_live_profile_2bb.jp

Sean, just finish up big ugly and get what you really want. No 4 door will make you happy.

Maybe we are alike and no matter what, Something better is always on the mind, but something built for the exact job you want would make you so much happier.

Made a pizza using the Neo pizza recipe from the HAF cooking corner. Still not comfortable with putting toppings on first, so we throw it on the egg for a bit pull it off, add toppings and put it back on. Then we finish in the oven with the broiler.

Also, despite a raging fire, the pizza stone was not that hot. I normally do an inverted BGE indirect plate with another pizza pan we have that has some sort of nice smooth coating on it. I'm thinking of going straight on the indirect plate next time. Never been able to find 1" think slate or anything at the stores.

Also the pizza snaps back like crazy and does not make a very big pizza, is that normal?

Why can't you simply stretch the dough and throw it on the egg with the toppings on it?

Get that fucker roaring. 900 or so. And cook her up.

not rested enough if it snaps

Not sure I understand your other question

We rested it on the counter for well over an hour. Maybe over 2 hours. We used Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast, maybe there is a better one to use.

As far as throwing it on with all toppings; i'm not sure if we just love toppings, but one we take the time to put toppings on, we can't easily get the pizza peel under the dough, or if the dough is already on the peel, it won't slide off.

I'm not sure with the water content of the sauce soaks through the pizza, but it's never worked. We make pizza so infrequently that we don't want to chance a disaster, and we obviously aren't confident in it enough to throw a pizza party.

I rest mine for a few days in the fridge and then typically all day on the counter to warm up.

If you can't get it to slide off you need more ball bearings.  I use semolina for that.

Water content should not soak into a well raised dough...

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Come on GM, build me a new GNX!  I'd be all over a 4 door Avista with a TTv6Buick_Avista_concept_live_profile_2bb.jp

They need to leave the GN and GNX name plates alone.  They will never garnish the respect of the originals.  You can't chance that.  The GTO and Chargers are the perfect examples.

35 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I rest mine for a few days in the fridge and then typically all day on the counter to warm up.

If you can't get it to slide off you need more ball bearings.  I use semolina for that.

Water content should not soak into a well raised dough...

Will the dough keep in the freezer? I know it will take a long long time to come back to normal temp. How long can it sit in the fridge and be considered good?

23 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Will the dough keep in the freezer? I know it will take a long long time to come back to normal temp. How long can it sit in the fridge and be considered good?

In my experience dough freezes pretty well

Properly wrapped, plastic wrap and either heavy duty foil or heavy plastic bags, I have kept dough in the freezer for up to 3 months with no quality loss. The only thing you have to remember is to thaw the dough in the refrigerator over night and then allow sufficient time to fully rise the way you would normally let a bread rise.

If you haven't watched Bob's Burgers before, I wholeheartedly recommend it, this show is always making me laugh!

Watched Giro Dream's of Sushi. Was cool but also kind of sad to me. I'm glad there are people who are so passionate about their craft but it seems like they miss out on so much, but maybe I'm the one missing out by not focusing 100% whole heartedly on my craft.

48 minutes ago, Julian said:

If you haven't watched Bob's Burgers before, I wholeheartedly recommend it, this show is always making me laugh!

I feel the exact opposite.

10 hours ago, MKader17 said:

We rested it on the counter for well over an hour. Maybe over 2 hours. We used Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast, maybe there is a better one to use.

As far as throwing it on with all toppings; i'm not sure if we just love toppings, but one we take the time to put toppings on, we can't easily get the pizza peel under the dough, or if the dough is already on the peel, it won't slide off.

I'm not sure with the water content of the sauce soaks through the pizza, but it's never worked. We make pizza so infrequently that we don't want to chance a disaster, and we obviously aren't confident in it enough to throw a pizza party.

Sprinkle cornmeal on the stone and on the surface you stretch the dough on. It eliminates the crust sticking to the stone.