Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

You know that point when you tell someone the same thing so many different ways but they choose not to listen. sigh.gif

You know that point when you tell someone the same thing so many different ways but they choose not to listen. sigh.gif

Yep. . .  Then I SHOW them twice and if that doesn't work, I just give up. 

Two days ago, I threw in the towel at work.  Told the Bossman I want to go back to being a mechanic and not have to worry about anyone but myself.

Today the rolling rice grinder guy was spooky mad. I didn't bother to turn and look at him as he revved his engine.

I felt like a Bond Villain.

Some day I'll come roll you in the Caddy ... but I need to do some serious work first, lol.

You are doing to the Caddy what I wanted from the expy.

However I wanted more off road and you are more road race.

You better be able to eat my lunch when you are done though. I wouldn't want it.any other way.

Car is sleeper quick too.

It is shocking from a rolling start.

I'd love to test drive one, just to see how quick she is.

J

Plug pics:

IMG_6682.jpg

I did not write down which is which but I suspect the lightest colored one is #4 since that usually runs hotter in a Miata due to coolant routing. 

Not running rich, bud. I see a little oil consumption. The fluffy material on the second plug, it is hard to tell how it is situated on the plug. If you see it on one side of the side electrode you have a valve stem seal problem. If it encapsulated the plug is it most likely rings.

It does use up a bit of oil. 

Up-close pictures of each plug, looks to me like #2 is only one one side of the plug. 

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

You are doing to the Caddy what I wanted from the expy.

However I wanted more off road and you are more road race.

You better be able to eat my lunch when you are done though. I wouldn't want it.any other way.

I promise I won't make you go hungry smile.png

Over cooked the prime rib tonight....

Medium rare.

:-(

Tasty, but not scrumptious.

Pull it at 105 and let it rest for 30 minutes. It NEVER fails.

The hotter you cook it the sooner you need to pull it. Of course cooking it too slow might mean 105 is too early....but that has never been the case with mine.

Thermapen ftmfw.

J

I get one as a "rental" car in SoCal regularly. Super fun. Speed wise it is basically on par with the ML63 I had which is downright nasty from a dig. 0-30 the ML walks after that the 550 does. Competing with a 503hp NA V8 built to rev is impressive.

Aaron - how long will it take to get from the Smithsonian to BWI if I have a 7pm flight? ie, should get there by 6pm so when do I leave the Smithsonian?

Need to buy a new 3/8" socket set as I am donating my old one to the snowmobile. Whose to buy?

Over cooked the prime rib tonight....

Medium rare.

:-(

Tasty, but not scrumptious.

Pull it at 105 and let it rest for 30 minutes. It NEVER fails.

The hotter you cook it the sooner you need to pull it. Of course cooking it too slow might mean 105 is too early....but that has never been the case with mine.

Thermapen ftmfw.

I set it to 105... I was too far away and didn't hear it go off until 113

J

I get one as a "rental" car in SoCal regularly. Super fun. Speed wise it is basically on par with the ML63 I had which is downright nasty from a dig. 0-30 the ML walks after that the 550 does. Competing with a 503hp NA V8 built to rev is impressive.

It's so calm. I can't spin the tires. I can't make make.the back break at any speed that is safe on the roads around here.

You can definitely tell it's been neutered and there is a shit load more engine than I'm allowed to get at. I'm not sure what the M5 suspension is like but I'm fairly certain that is the definitive difference. The 550 is so close to being balls out wild, the M5 must have a really well tuned suspension.

I don't think the M is worth the extra anymore. Was different when they were really shoehorning something special on the inside. Suspension wise sure it is sportier, but not as comfortable and it isn't like the 550 isn't sporty.

I have not driven the M.

I just assumed it to be a beast. 100+ more HP, and better turned chassis and suspension. I don't know if it would be enough to quench the thirst for a race car, nor did I look at the price bump.

:-)

Usually my biggest complaint with M cars is the shitty interior, with the overall use of carbon and/or aluminum. It's so close to gaudy it ruins it for me.

Edited by dem beats

look at the evolution of the ///M cars. They went from race cars for the road to fast luxury mobiles. They are still amazing cars but they have lost their appeal to me. You did the smart thing by buying the cheaper well capable car and modifying it more to your liking

It definitely feels that way.

I really just needed something comfortable and not boring.

I could deal with bigger seats, but these articulate in so many ways, I'm comfy.

It's going to be a joy to drive if I get the AM position.

What is really crazy is that it doesn't feel frantic or crazy fast.

However, everything else I drive now feels really slow.

:-)