Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Aaron - how long will it take to get from the Smithsonian to BWI if I have a 7pm flight? ie, should get there by 6pm so when do I leave the Smithsonian?

With DC traffic, I would leave by 4:00pm latest to be safe.  BWI is 20 mins from my place.

Aaron - how long will it take to get from the Smithsonian to BWI if I have a 7pm flight? ie, should get there by 6pm so when do I leave the Smithsonian?

With DC traffic, I would leave by 4:00pm latest to be safe.  BWI is 20 mins from my place.

Thanks. Haven't bought a ticket yet as DCA is so close, but it is $1000 to get in and out of there and WAY cheaper to BWI. Need to see what a car price is too...

Thanks. Haven't bought a ticket yet as DCA is so close, but it is $1000 to get in and out of there and WAY cheaper to BWI. Need to see what a car price is too...

BWI being the biggest usually has the best pricing.  Dulles/Regan is usually pricey.

BWI being the biggest usually has the best pricing.  Dulles/Regan is usually pricey.

Surprised since Regan seems to be such a 'mid point' hub.

J

Surprised since Regan seems to be such a 'mid point' hub.

J

Location and size have ZERO to do with pricing. It all depends on which airlines serve where and when. They will charge as much as they can.

I bought a Shit COuntry ticket to DCA in First Class cheaper than a name brand airlines normal seat. Half the price in fact. WTF!!!

Land on Sun the 19th at 9:15pm and leave Tuesday at 10pm

Probably will have to have dinner with the museum staff on Monday, but will let you know Aaron if that changes.

Picture still shows Made in the USA. And it is supposedly a "complete" set. All I really wanted was a full set of 6 points and figured I'd delegate my older stuff to the sleds/boat. More than I had planned on, but the price made it a no brainer. Couldn't piece together only 6 points from Klutch for the same price even. I like the "easy ride"

I have had 2 craftsman sets. They have both been fantastic.

They are not perfect but considering I have less than $300 invested in 2 full metric and standard sets, I'm cool.

Shit. Bastards s just called me. 54 missing pieces

I think I have craftsman, sk, armstrong, stahlwile, proto, snapon, williams and a few others.

Shit. Bastards s just called me. 54 missing pieces

I don't know how soon you need it, but having used a myriad of tools and working at Sears, I will never again buy Craftsman.  Better can be had for your money, and what I buy now is all Gearwrench/KD tools.  To give you an idea, I recently re-purchased a set after mine was stolen.

http://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.com/216-pc-SAEMetric-6-12-Pt-Mechanics-Tool-Set-Multi-Drive-P160848.aspx

Try the Craftsman shit, then try these.  I guarantee you'll never touch Craftsman again. 

To further that, I have purchased their (Gearwrench) new 120 tooth ratchets and they, IMO, are better than my Snap-On Dual 80s, and those are some of the best ratchets ever made.  I love Snap-On tools.  I purchase hand tools as you do knives, and I think you'll find much better quality and value in the Gearwrench? KD Tool stuff.

This is strictly speaking for everyday use "normal" hand tools.  I'm a bit of a Proto snob when it comes to finer stuff.

Not really interested in what it is, just don't want garbage. Thought having a "full" set for $180 was a deal, at $340 I am shopping. I've looked at the Gearwrench stuff and always been frightened it was a "as seen on TV" product and not the real deal. More than wiling to spend for something real. I generically use my impact stuff for almost everything as it is the most complete, but obviously that isn't ideal.

You know that point when you tell someone the same thing so many different ways but they choose not to listen. sigh.gif

Yep. . .  Then I SHOW them twice and if that doesn't work, I just give up.

Just grabbed this:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-299-piece-ultimate-easy-read-socket-set/p-00935299000P

For $175 as a "refurb". Have to pick it up in St Cloud, but since I am driving to Thief River Falls Sunday and back Wednesday I will be going right by smile.png

I have the same set and like it, I have yet to break one or really been let down by it. I think I got mine on sale for around the 200$ mark.

Unfortunately a guy with very sticky fingers from my last shop made off with about 30 of my sockets  and replacing them is a pain. It is almost just as expensive than buying a whole new set.

I will never againbuy Craftsman tools aside from their knives. 

See if you can find a loal Gearwrench dealer to compare to the Crapsman.  You may like them more, but my tools make me money and my money is on the Gearwrench stuff.

So the pet peeve I have with my current tools are that some are missing. I have a TON of hand me down stuff.

That being said, I'd like a complete set of 6 pt 1/4",3/8",1/2" in shallow and deep well.

In Crapsman that is $200.

In SK that is $$350 + the 1/2" stuff which gets absurd. I don't probably really need to do the deeps in 1/2" since I have them in impact, but I'd like to.

I also hate reading the damn labels to put them all away. I never roll my tool box to my project which is stupid, but hey well fuck me.

They sell Gearwrench at Sears, lol.

Curious what you like about the Gear Wrench sockets.

My biggest beef with shopping for them now is they don't list the pieces that are included.

I can't rationalize this purchase by need....but my sanity in grabbing for the right tool has a value.

This is what I want to clean up.  35 years of spending jack shit on tools, but collecting:

IMAG0180_zpsmkebzr4a.jpg

IMAG0179_zpsdcuv8jpg.jpg

Also a full set of approrpriate mediocre tools on my boat and in both sleds.  You'll see the pictures of that later as their build threads will probably beat the Cadillac.