Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ok you gas-engine drivers...I suspect the Miata runs way too rich: black soot on the rear bumper and at WOT I can see something which looks like a mist in the rearview mirror, at night. Bad O2 sensor? Or bad injectors? 

Time for a wideband smile.png

Santa is bringing me a Megasquirt. Might just bundle it with a wideband. 

Ordered my blade. I'm so freaking ready to get my HeaterMeter completely finished.

Should I splurge an extra $10 for a 60 tooth over a 40?

Depends on the goal. I personally like 40 tooth blades, but I use Forrest Woodworker IIs.

It is a solid combination blade. A Diablo is sweet enough with it's silencing to get away with a 40 tooth for everything from fine work to quick rips. Based on the ability of the blade with 40 teeth being used for just about anything you throw at it, where the 60 tooth will limit you, I suggest the 40 tooth and save the money.

I am assuming a 10 inch blade.

It's a 12. The 12 comes in a 44 tooth

I'm going to need to cut some aluminum ( 1x2x0.065 rectangle tube, and 4x10x0.065 sheet). I don't know much about saw blades but I'm pretty sure I only need a carbide tip blade.

That being said, I will probably not cut aluminum again for a long while. Is there a recommended blade that can cut aluminum but will also be good for woodworking?

Wht tool are you planning on using to cut? That is some very thing material.
I was going to cut the tube on the miter and planned on clamping the sheet to the miter to make its cut.

I would sandwich the flat between two boards when cutting.

Thanks for the tip, should I cut it vertically or horizontally. If cutting horizontal I can more easily clamp everything together.

Vertically or horizontally?  I'm confused.  

Not sure why anyone besides a panel saw would lay sheet vertically to cut it...  

dewalt_dws780_main._V152958549_.jpg

I can clamp yhe sandwich to the back fence and get a good grip.laying it flat I have to rely on my hands and it seems like it would increase the chance of it grabbing and twisting.

I currently have 5 people on ATT for a hair over $160 a month for 10gb (includes a work discount). "Catch" is all phones are off contract.

I don't care if my bill is $160/mo for me alone. What I am trying to avoid is having to carry a second phone in Asia or having $1000-2000 bills when I go.

Then AT&T is your best option. If you're worried about service don't dick around with TMobile (particularly if cost isn't a huge concern)

Buy an unlocked phone off-contract. They are readily available and some phones now have dual SIMs.

There WILL be places that Verizon has coverage and AT&T doesn't. There WILL be places where AT&T has coverage and Verizon doesn't.

One thing for sure, using Verizon overseas will be a bigger hassle than a GSM based phone.

I currently have 5 people on ATT for a hair over $160 a month for 10gb (includes a work discount). "Catch" is all phones are off contract.

I don't care if my bill is $160/mo for me alone. What I am trying to avoid is having to carry a second phone in Asia or having $1000-2000 bills when I go.
Then AT&T is your best option. If you're worried about service don't dick around with TMobile (particularly if cost isn't a huge concern)

Buy an unlocked phone off-contract. They are readily available and some phones now have dual SIMs.

There WILL be places that Verizon has coverage and AT&T doesn't. There WILL be places where AT&T has coverage and Verizon doesn't.

One thing for sure, using Verizon overseas will be a bigger hassle than a GSM based phone.

MK - AT&T isn't an option. Coverage is worse than Verizon and the cost overseas is absurd along with super shitty coverage.

None of the unlocked phones here have dual SIM's. The dual SIM phones are available in Asia. Need Sprint or Tmobile to use them...

Tmobile has UNLIMITED global data included. To put things in perspective, one of my employees spent 2 weeks in Malaysia. We had a global plan that covered data...except in Malaysia. His phone bill for 2 weeks was over $10k. $20/mb is really hard to swallow and you NEED data overseas.

The only question here is if Tmobile is acceptable in the US. It is BY FAR the best solution overseas.

Add to that I will never do business with Cingular again. When those fuckers bought AT&T they ruined the best network and more importantly best support team there was. Those fuckers can eat shit and die.

And again, I could give a SHIT about local costs as they are inconsequential in their differences.

Sorry for the rant, but I really only want to know if anyone has experience with Tmobile coverage. wink.png

I know Matt's experience...but I don't only travel here. From perusing the maps though it looks like I have to stay on Verizon. To compensate I will probably get a Tmobile line too and use that globally.

I'm going to need to cut some aluminum ( 1x2x0.065 rectangle tube, and 4x10x0.065 sheet). I don't know much about saw blades but I'm pretty sure I only need a carbide tip blade.

That being said, I will probably not cut aluminum again for a long while. Is there a recommended blade that can cut aluminum but will also be good for woodworking?

Wht tool are you planning on using to cut? That is some very thing material.

I was going to cut the tube on the miter and planned on clamping the sheet to the miter to make its cut.

I have always just turned the blade around for cutting thin non-wood material. 

Verizon has been the best by far for coverage for me and my co workers that travel for work. Definitely not the cheapest plans but in my opinion their service and coverage is well worth it.

I'm not an international traveler like you though

Sorry for the rant, but I really only want to know if anyone has experience with Tmobile coverage. wink.png

I know Matt's experience...but I don't only travel here. From perusing the maps though it looks like I have to stay on Verizon. To compensate I will probably get a Tmobile line too and use that globally.

Yeah, the TMobile coverage will not be good enough for a business phone IMO.

To make it complicated, you could get a Verizon LTE Hotspot which can likely be used as a WiFi call tower for TMobile. You'd get all the coverage in America and all the benefits of TMobile overseas.

Verizon has been the best by far for coverage for me and my co workers that travel for work. Definitely not the cheapest plans but in my opinion their service and coverage is well worth it.

I've had the opposite experience so far. I get LTE that's faster than my home internet in my little town and don't have to deal with dropping to god awful Verizon 3G while on the road.

No matter where I've lived Verizon was unable to stream Pandora consistently when I would travel. I haven't thought about it on AT&T.

I have Metro pcs-Tmobile.

For the money it does okay. 

Just to break up the serious photography discussion:

polaroid-cube-camera-db84.00000014077341

I've had the opposite experience so far. I get LTE that's faster than my home internet in my little town and don't have to deal with dropping to god awful Verizon 3G while on the road.

No matter where I've lived Verizon was unable to stream Pandora consistently when I would travel. I haven't thought about it on AT&T.

You are in shit, I mean sprint country. Only place in the states I know that is like that.

Verizon in general has been way better than anyone elses I've been with....but the international rate for Tmobile and the international coverage for Tmobile is FAR superior so I am teased by it.

Hell, I use mine as a hotspot all over rural MN and can stream Pandora...

You are in shit, I mean sprint country. Only place in the states I know that is like that.

Verizon in general has been way better than anyone elses I've been with....but the international rate for Tmobile and the international coverage for Tmobile is FAR superior so I am teased by it.

Sprint is non-existent here, literally no service.

Also Sprint and Verizon use the same technology, there is no correlation between them and AT&T/TMobile.

Sprint is non-existent here, literally no service.

Also Sprint and Verizon use the same technology, there is no correlation between them and AT&T/TMobile.

Sprint phones have full antennas, Verizon's don't

Hell, I use mine as a hotspot all over rural MN and can stream Pandora...

Prior to having internet at home, I couldn't stream Pandora because as the wind blew I would drop LTE. I live right in the middle of town. Every time it would drop to 3g I couldn't get enough bandwidth. Between where I work and where I live I would always drop a call at a certain point, no matter which direction I go.

I realize different areas have different results, but I am extremely glad I away from Verizon's crappy proprietary CDMA tech and locked down phones.

T Mobil is fine for business. Not so fine for being way the Fuck out in the middle of nowhere.