Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Looks awesome Sean!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Why not just grab a Roku? Honestly, since buying my new TV I don't even use Roku anymore. Smart Hub does everything I need.

My dad has a smart Blu-Ray and smart TV and those are the slowest damn UI's I've ever used.

Obviously could be completely different for you.

I just wish TV companies would make TVs and stop trying to make them smart. I wish amp people would just make gains, I wish wireless phone service companies would be dumb data pipes/ 

Anyone have a Samsung fridge?

I've had one for about 3 years now and really like  it. French door fridge 25.6 cu ft IIRC. We did spend just under $2K IIRC, but bought it local. Only issue I've had is the ice maker didn't want to stay connected so my ice for a bit was lopsided.

I saw a smaller version of it for $1000-$1200 the other day.

So I go to work and my wife is out test driving a trd pro 4 runner!

Well, got an LG v10.

Got one for my old lady last weekend. I grabbed an M9. The V10 is too big for my tastes, but she is used to having my big thing in her hands so... It's fast as fuck though. The power and volume buttons are odd to me. We went in with her talking about wanting just a basic phone to her walking out with the highest tech smartphone she could get. Oh well, for the first time ever she is actually using the smart portion of her smart phone. She is the most technologically challenged person I have ever met... and that is frustrating as fuck to me.

It is a cunt hair too big. Only because it won't fit in my cup holder.

biggrin.png

The first thing I noticed is how much better music sounds. It's as good as the HTC offerings and that's the highest compliment I can give a cell phone.

I cannot wait to use some ok headphones with them.

Even the Bluetooth audio has better detail to it. I feel like the noise floor was significantly lowered in BT too and not just better DACs

Yeah, I went to bluetooth audio in my vehicles with the M8 and haven't looked back. The M9 has even more detail. It's solid and simple.

woot.gif  11" of ice on the bay so, we ride!

20160116_100124_zpsn6medddu.jpg

20160116_102552_zpsm1xiqeqg.jpg

Awesome!

Motherfucking fridge compressor blew up today.  I don't feel like spending $1500 on a damn fridge.

That blows.

Why not just grab a Roku? Honestly, since buying my new TV I don't even use Roku anymore. Smart Hub does everything I need.

My dad has a smart Blu-Ray and smart TV and those are the slowest damn UI's I've ever used.

Obviously could be completely different for you.

I just wish TV companies would make TVs and stop trying to make them smart. I wish amp people would just make gains, I wish wireless phone service companies would be dumb data pipes/ 

My smart TV and BluRay are both pretty quick. I searched for the fastest BR player from start to smart function though, From off to Netflix it is 11 seconds. The fastest I found was 9 seconds, but Samsung discontinued that model so I went with *cringe* Sony that was second fastest. Hopefully it doesn't shit the bed like everything else Sony. My TV is a Sammy SUHDTV. Not a huge fan of either GUI, but they are efficient.

Mullards are all burned in on the SJ502 now. Sounds nice, but I want a little more shimmer on the top end. They tend to be a little dark with high hats and the extension is a little veiled up top too. I rolled the 12AX7 Mullards for the GTs. I can't believe the GTs sounded good before. They seem really confused with difficult passages where the Mullards really maintained control. I am going to grab some JAN Sylvania black plate 5751s and maybe some more Telefunken ECC83s to try to roll them in. The Sylvanias are really neutral, but the Funkens have some solid sparkle to them. I have a Telefunken ECC83 in my headphone amp that doesn't get rolled any more. It is a solid compliment to the warm TungSol 6V6s in the headphone setup, so hopefully it will be a good compliment to the TS 6550s on the Jolida,

Also grabbing some Gold Lion KT88s to replace the TungSol 6550s on the power side. They are both neutral, but the GLs have better top end and bottom end extension while maintaining the sweet TungSol midrange, so we'll see how that goes.

Why yes, yes you are.

Might be able to fix my fridge.  I played with it some more last night and found the overload in the starter burned up.  I removed everything and retested the compressor and it's checking out good.  Going to order the part tomorrow and cross my fingers.  Picked up a mini fridge at Menards today for $133 to hold me over.  It's 4.5 cubic feet,so not too bad.

I have to fly to California today. Boooo!

Not a bad day to be going someplace warmer. Even if it is Cali

Not a bad day to be going someplace warmer. Even if it is Cali
if rather go to grand marais