Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It sounds like you have developed a plan for your lifestyle and that beats out everything I said.

Even if what I told you would get you 2 times the results(not even close BTW), you wouldn't get the work outs in.

I'm just trying to show you the rational that led to why I did what I did. I'm always looking to be more efficient.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Fuck, the way this meeting is going I'd like to leave and start something new.  Take you all with me.  We'd own it.

Shit, some of us would kill for the opportunity. While I am doing pretty decently in school (3.75 gpa), I'm finding myself missing work. Finding anything that isn't an hr away, has a flexible schedule, and pays at least semi decently is rare. Found something workin with the Student Veterans Associate at my last campus. Pay is low, but it's flexible and will cover a bit of what I need to get handled.

Now just to figure out everything with the kiddo and her mom.

J

We've started putting to use the weight rack and weights at work. So far doing squats, deadlifts (alternate with bent over rows), military press, bench press, triceps and biceps curls. As soon as the weather gets close to 0F again, we're out to lift :D 

Buyer's remorse hits again, I bought the rear Addco sway-bar for the Jeep. Found one "used like new" on Amazon. I always wanted one and I had to touch my savings to get it, which hurts.

It sounds like you have developed a plan for your lifestyle and that beats out everything I said.

Even if what I told you would get you 2 times the results(not even close BTW), you wouldn't get the work outs in.

I'm just trying to show you the rational that led to why I did what I did. I'm always looking to be more efficient.

You calculated rudimentary work.  Work & weight/size loss are not completely coincident.  The rate and change of rate could have a bigger influence.

I am not saying you are wrong with any of your comments as I generally know jack shit about this from a scientific perspective, but wanted to highlight you forgot time in the equation which is extremely critical.

Yeah what Sean said about math and stuff!

But seriously, the heavy weight is more about how your body reacts via tissue damage and more intense stress via heavy loads in a shorter time vs lighter loads over a longer time.

There is something he stumbled on that is brilliant however. If you perform your reps really slow and keep the muscles under stress for more seconds there is big pay off. Pressing or pulling impossible weight has proven time and again to pay off in performance. Similar to negative reps with too heavy a load.

Yeah what Sean said about math and stuff!

But seriously, the heavy weight is more about how your body reacts via tissue damage and more intense stress via heavy loads in a shorter time vs lighter loads over a longer time.

There is something he stumbled on that is brilliant however. If you perform your reps really slow and keep the muscles under stress for more seconds there is big pay off. Pressing or pulling impossible weight has proven time and again to pay off in performance. Similar to negative reps with too heavy a load.

*String of Cuss Words* on doing more than 2 negative reps. I did a pull up work out once and did a lot of negative reps. I was in SOOOOOOO much pain for days after.

Do your same math with an integral and you'll see why :)

I really get frustrated these days when something that used to be so easy to get is deemed unhealthy and now the only way to find it is fancy version and pay gobs of money.

Case in Point - Lard

Mmmm pie.

Great, my mind just went through about a dozen versions of pie, and landed on the pie scene from revenge of the nerds...

"That's my pie"

Edited by nigel

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Fuck, the way this meeting is going I'd like to leave and start something new.  Take you all with me.  We'd own it.

Shit, some of us would kill for the opportunity. While I am doing pretty decently in school (3.75 gpa), I'm finding myself missing work. Finding anything that isn't an hr away, has a flexible schedule, and pays at least semi decently is rare. Found something workin with the Student Veterans Associate at my last campus. Pay is low, but it's flexible and will cover a bit of what I need to get handled.

Now just to figure out everything with the kiddo and her mom.

J

If I had a good idea, I'd do it.  I'm ready for the next step in my life.

The separation at this office is far more than metaphorical $0.90.

I'm taking a shit on company time right now.

AK is running like a damned sewing machine now. Much fun.

Snowmageddon is about to land.

I must have slept through it Aaron.

Snowmageddon is about to land.

I am JEALOUS

Keep that shit your way. I have work to do.