Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

One other purchase to make soon, tonneau cover for the Tundra. Any recommendations?

J

Got internet at the house so no more stealing the neighbors. Also got cable TV for the Mrs. Since she has been living without for over a year ( and football will start back up sometime.)

Grand total of $125 a month! Freaking crazy.

I I set he term stealing loosely as they gave me the password.

Speaking of protein powder, UPS needs to update its tracker faster. Stills says Manifest Pickup. Or I'm just retarded. Could be either.

I have 5.5lbs of "whey protein concentrate - high grade" from True Nutrition unopened if you or anyone else wants it--just pay shipping.

I'll take it smile.png

PM'd.

Got internet at the house so no more stealing the neighbors. Also got cable TV for the Mrs. Since she has been living without for over a year ( and football will start back up sometime.)

Grand total of $125 a month! Freaking crazy.

If you don't want people using your internet, disable WPS, use WPA, and use a long password with lowercase,uppercase,numbers, perhaps symbols--otherwise it's up for grabs. :D

Our wireless is super hidden with a 64x2 random alpha-numeric and symbols password.

Our wireless is super hidden with a 64x2 random alpha-numeric and symbols password.

That's good. WPA requires at least 8 characters, so of course most people use 8. :(

I've never felt I live in an area that people would care to try hard enough to steal Internet.

I've never felt I live in an area that people would care to try hard enough to steal Internet.

....you had a physical security issue. Cyber crime is a 10000000000000000000:1 problem compared. It also isn't stealing internet that matters. It's that someone can hook onto your network and can monitor, and even control if they are skilled, your network devices.

A simple key stroke program can get every password you use and all they have to do is let you live your life.

Not that you are a target but if a small group of Anonymous hackers can take down HUGE billion dollar exchange networks, Poindexter down the street who got rebuffed by your gorgeous wife can get into your wireless.

I shouldn't live with a guy who has a masters in Tech Security. I get nervous just checking my bank acct.

Mutha freaking storms!

Welcome to Kansas.  

Breaking wep takes under 10min.

If router uses wps, 24 hours max.

If using wpa, deauth clients, and record handshake upon reconnection. Might take 5 minutes, might take a few days until a wireless device is used. Either way they get the hash. Only safe guard is a strong password. Ub3R+c0d31 is not strong.

Once they're on the network they can grab just about every login. Hit up the bank site, and the connection is no longer ssl https because its been stripped down to a standard http connection.

OS patched up to date, no vulnerabilities, safe right? When iTunes, windows mail, filezilla, Microsoft update, etc all start up they connect to a server to check for updates, and the dns request can be spoofed so they connect to the wrong server, and download a fake update.

That's definitely a lot of work to single someone random out for all that, and I doubt it'll happen, but its possible, and as Matt said, not very difficult.

I gotta start posting here more often you guys having to much fun!

Just live where ur neighbor can't catch ur wifi signal.

Problem solved.

Harry had his first successful feeding tonight.  We searched for an hour for a cricket, finally snagged one, dropped him in and 5 minutes later, he was a goner.  Gavin was going nuts, but I didn't get to see it.

Just live where ur neighbor can't catch ur wifi signal.

Problem solved.

That's much more reasonable than adding a few extra characters to a passphrase. biggrin.png

I know you have lots of land, but it's not that difficult to pick up signals from over 1km away at times.

Edited by stefanhinote

I'm actually working on a summer project using a camera and yagi antenna near our shooting targets to relay the video back to a laptop for spotting.

Harry had his first successful feeding tonight. We searched for an hour for a cricket, finally snagged one, dropped him in and 5 minutes later, he was a goner. Gavin was going nuts, but I didn't get to see it.

Awesome :)

....you had a physical security issue. Cyber crime is a 10000000000000000000:1 problem compared. It also isn't stealing internet that matters. It's that someone can hook onto your network and can monitor, and even control if they are skilled, your network devices.

A simple key stroke program can get every password you use and all they have to do is let you live your life.

I don't know. I bet in Kansas the kick the door down and grab is much more common then the sit within wifi range and grab passwords...

. Only safe guard is a strong password. Ub3R+c0d31 is not strong.

one two three four five....

Harry had his first successful feeding tonight.  We searched for an hour for a cricket, finally snagged one, dropped him in and 5 minutes later, he was a goner.  Gavin was going nuts, but I didn't get to see it.

Gavin is liking his new pet it sounds like.