Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Can't you just hit roaming though and use anyone's service???

If you don't mind the occasional extra roaming fee, then it's all the same coverage right?

I have 4g most of the time here in town on Sprint.  

Now my contract is up, I don't know who I'm going to use but I doubt it'll be Sprint.  The W's is still though November so it'll be a bit before I decide.  

If you don't mind the occasional extra roaming fee, then it's all the same coverage right?

It seems Sprint HATES switching to roaming.  

Verizon has been the best by far for coverage for me and my co workers that travel for work. Definitely not the cheapest plans but in my opinion their service and coverage is well worth it.

I've had the opposite experience so far. I get LTE that's faster than my home internet in my little town and don't have to deal with dropping to god awful Verizon 3G while on the road.

No matter where I've lived Verizon was unable to stream Pandora consistently when I would travel. I haven't thought about it on AT&T.

You are in shit, I mean sprint country. Only place in the states I know that is like that.

Verizon in general has been way better than anyone elses I've been with....but the international rate for Tmobile and the international coverage for Tmobile is FAR superior so I am teased by it.

AT&T rocks out here too. I get zero Verizon coverage in my house. My friends have to stand on the back deck to talk on Verizon phones.

T Mobil is fine for business. Not so fine for being way the Fuck out in the middle of nowhere.

Girl at the Tmobile store lives in Young America. Says there is no data there, just text and phone. It is ONLY 20mi from me...

No one charges roaming fees in the US anymore, not even Sprint. I am concerned about roaming in Malaysia/Singapore etc. There roaming means $10/mb. And I NEED data to get around and not get years behind when I travel.

Just got a call from Nationwide due to my request on lowering my auto insurance rates, that there is one option that is pretty cool.  I can pick up a 10 year term 100k life insurance plan through them, and the combo discount is greater than the cost of the life insurance.  I already have 3 life insurance plans under me, not sure if my mother has an old one floating around too, so this would just be a bonus I guess with the opportinity to pay less auto insurance.

Just got a call from Nationwide due to my request on lowering my auto insurance rates, that there is one option that is pretty cool. I can pick up a 10 year term 100k life insurance plan through them, and the combo discount is greater than the cost of the life insurance. I already have 3 life insurance plans under me, not sure if my mother has an old one floating around too, so this would just be a bonus I guess with the opportinity to pay less auto insurance.

They do this because it reduces their rates (as in with their insurance) tremendously when you are covered under a life policy when driving.

woot.gif

Have full gauges on the new whip

err, minus the actual EGT probes since the brackets are on a UPS truck on the way here right now

IMAG0175_zps6cocabzw.jpg

Just got a call from Nationwide due to my request on lowering my auto insurance rates, that there is one option that is pretty cool. I can pick up a 10 year term 100k life insurance plan through them, and the combo discount is greater than the cost of the life insurance. I already have 3 life insurance plans under me, not sure if my mother has an old one floating around too, so this would just be a bonus I guess with the opportinity to pay less auto insurance.

They do this because it reduces their rates (as in with their insurance) tremendously when you are covered under a life policy when driving.

Make sense, but I already have 3 if not 4.

Tmobile sucked big time in AZ, was shit outside of Buffalo in WNY, and is very hit and miss here in FL.

Verizon was the way to go for me, and has been great for me since. Considering their international capabilities, I would assume they will be as good as Verizon in the next few years.

J

woot.gif

Have full gauges on the new whip

err, minus the actual EGT probes since the brackets are on a UPS truck on the way here right now

IMAG0175_zps6cocabzw.jpg

Can you watch movies?

Looks perfect for navigating.

I think I may go shoot this week or next. I need to get back into it. Considering all I have been doing is job hunting and looking at school, why not? Granted if I don't find solid well paying work by the end of September (5 mths after being downsized), I am going back to school in January full time, and will find some BS part time job to cover gas. Sadly I see cooking at a bar or something as my future PT job.

J

What are you thinking about for school?

No one charges roaming fees in the US anymore, not even Sprint. I am concerned about roaming in Malaysia/Singapore etc. There roaming means $10/mb. And I NEED data to get around and not get years behind when I travel.
Right. But doesnt t Mobil have the most service there?

And in the US, if there is any cell service can't you just hop on whoever that provider is?

Or get a satalite phone/hotspot and quit bitching.

Edited by dem beats

Just got a call from Nationwide due to my request on lowering my auto insurance rates, that there is one option that is pretty cool.  I can pick up a 10 year term 100k life insurance plan through them, and the combo discount is greater than the cost of the life insurance.  I already have 3 life insurance plans under me, not sure if my mother has an old one floating around too, so this would just be a bonus I guess with the opportinity to pay less auto insurance.

Yeah, FUCK Nationwide. I was with them for 15 years. I carried home, rental property, auto, life, and identity theft with them. My well pump got struck by lightning and they denied my claim. Cost me over $4K. Fuck them. I'm with state farm now, I saved almost 50% on auto, pay about $50 more annually for home, free identity theft with home, but had to carry my life elsewhere. They wouldn't touch me because of my cancer having been so bad for 8 years after being cancer free. But the wife is insured with them for $20 less per month.

Verizon has been the best by far for coverage for me and my co workers that travel for work. Definitely not the cheapest plans but in my opinion their service and coverage is well worth it.

I've had the opposite experience so far. I get LTE that's faster than my home internet in my little town and don't have to deal with dropping to god awful Verizon 3G while on the road.

No matter where I've lived Verizon was unable to stream Pandora consistently when I would travel. I haven't thought about it on AT&T.

You are in shit, I mean sprint country. Only place in the states I know that is like that.

Verizon in general has been way better than anyone elses I've been with....but the international rate for Tmobile and the international coverage for Tmobile is FAR superior so I am teased by it.

Sprint is non-existent here, literally no service.

Also Sprint and Verizon use the same technology, there is no correlation between them and AT&T/TMobile.

Sprint and T-Mobile SUCK in Texas. Unless you stay in the metro areas and never, ever, EVER leave.

<-hates CDMA & Verizon

AT&T really is your only option, Sean. :lol2:

Right. But doesnt t Mobil have the most service there?

And in the US, if there is any cell service can't you just hop on whoever that provider is?

Or get a satalite phone/hotspot and quit bitching.

Only get service with partners. T-mobile phones don't have CDMA antenna's for Verizon and vice versa. There are a few you can buy that have some of the antennas, but then the companies don't play nice so you'd have to carry a second SIM card.

Found a Dual SIM Galaxy S5 today. Wonder how far the dual SIM will follow the 6 when it comes out in Jan.

I do also have my Nexus 4 I could use temporarily on Tmobile.

<-hates CDMA & Verizon

AT&T really is your only option, Sean. lol.gif

ie, not an option.

Sounds like I have to stay Verizon and carry two phones in Asia sad.png

And just have shitty coverage in Europe. Germany SUCKS for prepaid phones

Just sucks to shop for anything in Germany. Lazy slow bastards

Rental car & a SIM card = 3 hours with ONE other person in front of me in both locations. All native German including whom I was with so you can't blame the language.

Plug pics:

IMG_6682.jpg

I did not write down which is which but I suspect the lightest colored one is #4 since that usually runs hotter in a Miata due to coolant routing.