Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
61 posts in this topic
Hello all and thank you in advance for your help. This will be my first build and I'd like to build a new subwoofer for my home audio system. I'm flexible, but would like somewhere around 800-1000W to drive a 12" sub in a ported box, and to do this I plan to spend somewhere around $500 or so. I don't have a great idea of what a realistic budget is, so I'm flexible, just would like to keep costs down.
I need some help figuring out where to start. Could someone please point me in the direction of some good resources regarding amplifier selection specifically?
Thank you all.
Quick edit: I'm using an optical connection from my computer to a Yamaha RX-V677 receiver. If anyone has any resources regarding the best connection between the receiver and amplifier, that would also be great.
- 27 Raptor 1/0 AWG Ring Terminals $20
- Install Edge 5 pack remote wires [IEC P 3x5-6] 6 feet $15
- 2 packs Install Edge 6.6 ft RCA cables [IRC GAC2] $7 each or $10 for both
- 8 4 way Knu Konceptz 1/0AWG in 4 8AWG out $8 each or all for $55
- 50ft 16AWG speaker cable spool $5
- Install Edge Remote wire [IEC P18 X5-6] 18AWG $5
- Knu Konceptz kolossus Flex 1/0 AWG Red power cable 44 ft $125; 8ft $25; 10.5ft $35 (all for 175)
- 13 ft Q power 1/0 AWG Super Flex on spool $25; 15ft on spool $30
- Approx 400 ft 16AWG Q power speaker wire on spool $40
- Stinger 150 amp circuit breaker $25
- 6 Install Edge Speaker Savers [IEC CAP 133] $6 per pack or all 6 pairs for $30
- 2 2packs Rockford Fosgate 8AWG Ring Terminals $5 each or both for $7.50 -
2 Rockford Fosgate Side mount battery terminals $9 each or both for $15 -
Rockford Fosgate 2 output top mount battery terminal $10
- Rockford Fosgate RCA coupler $5
- Rockford Fosgate 10 AWG Amp kit (no RCA wires) 17 ft $30
- Rockford Fosgate pack of 2 100amp MAXI fuses $10
- Knu Konceptz Negative top mount terminal $10 -
Metra Honda Harness [BB-WHHDI] $10 -
Metra Inpala/Monte Carlo [XSVI-2105] $35 - Metra GM 88-05 22 pin harness [70-1858] $5
- Pair of Dynex square box terminal cups $2
- Dynex OEM Ford Radio removal tools $8
- Stinger Blue HPM voltage meter [SVMB] $15
- Tsunami Marine ANL fused distro, 1/0 AWG IN, 2 1/0AWG out $20
- Generic ANL fuse holder, no cover $5 -
Mini RCA stereo Y cable $2 - 14ft Raptor RCA cable $10
- 16 ft Monster RCA cable $20 -
Stinger 1/0 AWG ring terminal $4 -
2 2male 1female RCA adapter $5 each or both for $7.50
- 1 RCA to RCA dual male wire 9" $2 -
2 Street wires RCA cables in bags 19.69 ft [ZN1260] $7.50 each or both for $10 -
ANL fuses, 2 200amp, 4 250 amp, 2 300 amp, 4 100 amp, 2 500 amp. 500 amp are $5 per pair others are $3 per pair, or all for $30
Total price when purchased individually: $761 Buy the whole lot: $650
Open to trades, Nikon FX lenses and other photography equipment are of special interest. Feel free to contact with questions. Thanks for looking!!
- Viper 500.4, missing xo cover, and right mounting feet. $300
- MTX Road Thunder XO's for componants. $20 for the pair
- Eclipse SC-8355/8365 XO's for componants $50 for the paid
- Phoenix Gold Octane 4.0 2 amp. $150
- JL Audio 500/1. Missing some side screws. Not 100% on what the guts condition is, and last I remember looking it was fine. $125
- Digital Designs DD C1. $140
ORIGINAL RE XXX 12" to come, as well as more amps. I'd love to sell everything as a lot, and am willing to make deals. Only thing trade wise I would be after is Nikon FX lenses, but feel free to offer up. Pics are all on the link below.
Hey everyone I signed up here awhile back, but have only been able to lurk here and there. Anyway I'm gonna pull the trigger soon and get a sub stage, but I'm not sure which sub/subs I want to buy. My new sub stage will pretty much be 2 12's in a ported box or maybe one 15 in a ported box depending on how much room I have or don't have..
I've looked through the 12'' subs in the store section from all the brands and a couple of 15's but leaning more towards 12's. My goal for the sub stage is pretty much output/loudness. I need some help/recommendations from you guys please and I'll provide more info if you guys need to know anything else.
Sidenote: Car is a 2011 Ford Fusion SE
Who's Online 1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)