I see a monster 3 way front stage setup between these, the Evil 6.5's as mids and the Evil 1's....

Damnit man....  lol

Aaron Clinton    1,940
1 hour ago, altoncustomtech said:

I see a monster 3 way front stage setup between these, the Evil 6.5's as mids and the Evil 1's....

Damnit man....  lol

Hey, I want to do that.

30 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Hey, I want to do that.

Sounds like a great plan though, doesn't it?

What kind of mounting depth are we looking at with these?

nem    1,644

Bring that up with you. I need it.

///M5    2,196

Nice!!! About time there was an rli8 replacement

Aaron Clinton    1,940
54 minutes ago, altoncustomtech said:

Sounds like a great plan though, doesn't it?

What kind of mounting depth are we looking at with these?

Heck yes, Miata build time?

140mm if I remember correctly.

Aaron Clinton    1,940
8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Nice!!! About time there was an rli8 replacement

They will certainly hang with the Rl-i, but a little different sound.

Aaron Clinton    1,940
11 minutes ago, nem said:

Bring that up with you. I need it.

For sure.

firey_kimchi    18

Very Nice! Just when I'm about to get out you pull me back in. Sign me up for a pair...

Aaron Clinton    1,940
8 hours ago, firey_kimchi said:

Very Nice! Just when I'm about to get out you pull me back in. Sign me up for a pair...

:o:D

Shogen    323

ooh man!

Billy Jack    146

Can these little guys actually hit, or move air if you will, like say a 12". I haven't heard any of these new 8"s? Does the huge motor force actually make up for the lack of cone area, or are these just for filling in the lower end of the music signal? Reminds me of the guys in Europe who did 150's, on a butt load of 6x9's!  But could these do decent numbers without having 10 of them? That mostly my question as I have no exsperience with 8" or 10" inch subs. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Randal Johnson    354
55 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Can these little guys actually hit, or move air if you will, like say a 12". I haven't heard any of these new 8"s? Does the huge motor force actually make up for the lack of cone area, or are these just for filling in the lower end of the music signal? Reminds me of the guys in Europe who did 150's, on a butt load of 6x9's!  But could these do decent numbers without having 10 of them? That mostly my question as I have no exsperience with 8" or 10" inch subs. 

I'm mainly a Sound Quality competitor, but I have made my rounds in the sound pressure lanes !!! 

I've learned that motor structure is more important (to handle brute amplifier power) than cone area to produce awesome numbers on a meter. Well, along with expert enclosure build and vehicle modification ... 

So with that being said, these drivers should do really well in the SPL lanes ... 

10 minutes ago, Shogen said:

as much of your posts are not useful.... I'm not gonna lie and I think 8CON is actually kinda of a good idea

I agree, I like that name too!

Jay-C76    327
8 minutes ago, Shogen said:

I think there should be a vote in the SSA supporter section maybe... just for us long time members/Team members/people who donate

I'm with him on this....But the 8con is catchy!

Billy Jack    146
2 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

I agree, I like that name too!

To be fair, a lot of my post are bullshit while arguing with Sean, but please let's all just move forward and let things go. 

Billy Jack    146
3 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I'm mainly a Sound Quality competitor, but I have made my rounds in the sound pressure lanes !!! 

I've learned that motor structure is more important (to handle brute amplifier power) than cone area to produce awesome numbers on a meter. Well, along with expert enclosure build and vehicle modification ... 

So with that being said, these drivers should do really well in the SPL lanes ... 

Really, I honestly didn't think these monster 8's could do much, but cool to know they can. I bet it's fun to see the look on someone's face when they think you got 12's or 15's and you tell them 8's. I always thought it took multiples of these to get loud, like 4-6 8's to equal a couple of 12's. 

Randal Johnson    354

Google "crazy 8s" audio competition.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Hello everyone, long time no see. I am selling a pair of Dual 2-ohm (technically D1.7) 12" Sundown X v.2's built by Dave Leib a.k.a "Strongman Designs." 
      Reason I am selling them is because I realized upon testing to see if my digital multi-meter was working correctly that one of the coils is reading higher on the one sub indicating that too much heat had been applied to it recently so rather than risking any further damage to it I am going to assume that I have too much power for these.
      Having said this in all honesty, let me make it perfectly clear here that both subs are still in perfect working order as we speak, even the one that is reading differently. Had I not thrown my multi-meter on it to test it in order to see if it was working properly (the multi-meter itself) I would have never known there was any difference or discrepancy between the two.  
      However, because one of them is reading off now and I do not know what is to be expected out of it's performance long-term I will be letting these go for $500+ shipping (that includes both).
      Any further questions or concerns please feel free to text me at 440-915-2309
      Phil

• By jimmyhalpert
      Hello all and thank you in advance for your help. This will be my first build and I'd like to build a new subwoofer for my home audio system. I'm flexible, but would like somewhere around 800-1000W to drive a 12" sub in a ported box, and to do this I plan to spend somewhere around $500 or so. I don't have a great idea of what a realistic budget is, so I'm flexible, just would like to keep costs down.
      I need some help figuring out where to start. Could someone please point me in the direction of some good resources regarding amplifier selection specifically?
      Thank you all.

Quick edit: I'm using an optical connection from my computer to a Yamaha RX-V677 receiver. If anyone has any resources regarding the best connection between the receiver and amplifier, that would also be great.
    • By Godsmack
      - 27 Raptor 1/0 AWG Ring Terminals $20 
      - Install Edge 5 pack remote wires [IEC P 3x5-6] 6 feet $15
       - 2 packs Install Edge 6.6 ft RCA cables [IRC GAC2] $7 each or $10 for both
       - 8 4 way Knu Konceptz 1/0AWG in 4 8AWG out $8 each or all for $55
       - 50ft 16AWG speaker cable spool $5 
      - Install Edge Remote wire [IEC P18 X5-6] 18AWG $5 
      - Knu Konceptz kolossus Flex 1/0 AWG Red power cable 44 ft $125; 8ft $25; 10.5ft $35 (all for 175)
       - 13 ft Q power 1/0 AWG Super Flex on spool $25; 15ft on spool $30 
      - Approx 400 ft 16AWG Q power speaker wire on spool $40
       - Stinger 150 amp circuit breaker $25 
      - 6 Install Edge Speaker Savers [IEC CAP 133] $6 per pack or all 6 pairs for $30
       - 2 2packs Rockford Fosgate 8AWG Ring Terminals $5 each or both for $7.50 -
       2 Rockford Fosgate Side mount battery terminals $9 each or both for $15 -
       Rockford Fosgate 2 output top mount battery terminal $10 
      - Rockford Fosgate RCA coupler $5 
      - Rockford Fosgate 10 AWG Amp kit (no RCA wires) 17 ft $30
       - Rockford Fosgate pack of 2 100amp MAXI fuses $10
       - Knu Konceptz Negative top mount terminal $10 - 
      Metra Honda Harness [BB-WHHDI] $10 -
       Metra Inpala/Monte Carlo [XSVI-2105] $35 - Metra GM 88-05 22 pin harness [70-1858] $5 
      - Pair of Dynex square box terminal cups $2
       - Dynex OEM Ford Radio removal tools $8 
      - Stinger Blue HPM voltage meter [SVMB] $15 
      - Tsunami Marine ANL fused distro, 1/0 AWG IN, 2 1/0AWG out $20
       - Generic ANL fuse holder, no cover $5 -
       Mini RCA stereo Y cable $2 - 14ft Raptor RCA cable $10 
      - 16 ft Monster RCA cable $20 -
       Stinger 1/0 AWG ring terminal $4 -
       2 2male 1female RCA adapter $5 each or both for $7.50 
      - 1 RCA to RCA dual male wire 9" $2 -
       2 Street wires RCA cables in bags 19.69 ft [ZN1260] $7.50 each or both for $10 -
       ANL fuses, 2 200amp, 4 250 amp, 2 300 amp, 4 100 amp, 2 500 amp. 500 amp are $5 per pair others are $3 per pair, or all for $30
      Total price when purchased individually: $761 Buy the whole lot: $650
      Open to trades, Nikon FX lenses and other photography equipment are of special interest. Feel free to contact with questions. Thanks for looking!!
      - Viper 500.4, missing xo cover, and right mounting feet. $300
      - MTX Road Thunder XO's for componants. $20 for the pair
      - Eclipse SC-8355/8365 XO's for componants $50 for the paid
      - Phoenix Gold Octane 4.0 2 amp. $150
      - JL Audio 500/1. Missing some side screws. Not 100% on what the guts condition is, and last I remember looking it was fine. $125
      - Digital Designs DD C1. $140
      ORIGINAL RE XXX 12" to come, as well as more amps. I'd love to sell everything as a lot, and am willing to make deals. Only thing trade wise I would be after is Nikon FX lenses, but feel free to offer up. Pics are all on the link below.

• By SoundQubed
      Our partners over at Atrend USA are offering up a sweet deal on all SoundQubed enclosures for the month of February.

15% off any enclosure
      Start Date 2/9/2015 - End Date 2/16/2015
      PROMO CODE:
      https://atrendusa.com/soundqubed

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online