Hello everyone, long time no see. I am selling a pair of Dual 2-ohm (technically D1.7) 12" Sundown X v.2's built by Dave Leib a.k.a "Strongman Designs."
Reason I am selling them is because I realized upon testing to see if my digital multi-meter was working correctly that one of the coils is reading higher on the one sub indicating that too much heat had been applied to it recently so rather than risking any further damage to it I am going to assume that I have too much power for these.
Having said this in all honesty, let me make it perfectly clear here that both subs are still in perfect working order as we speak, even the one that is reading differently. Had I not thrown my multi-meter on it to test it in order to see if it was working properly (the multi-meter itself) I would have never known there was any difference or discrepancy between the two.
However, because one of them is reading off now and I do not know what is to be expected out of it's performance long-term I will be letting these go for $500+ shipping (that includes both).
Any further questions or concerns please feel free to text me at 440-915-2309
Hello all and thank you in advance for your help. This will be my first build and I'd like to build a new subwoofer for my home audio system. I'm flexible, but would like somewhere around 800-1000W to drive a 12" sub in a ported box, and to do this I plan to spend somewhere around $500 or so. I don't have a great idea of what a realistic budget is, so I'm flexible, just would like to keep costs down.
I need some help figuring out where to start. Could someone please point me in the direction of some good resources regarding amplifier selection specifically?
Thank you all.
Quick edit: I'm using an optical connection from my computer to a Yamaha RX-V677 receiver. If anyone has any resources regarding the best connection between the receiver and amplifier, that would also be great.
- 27 Raptor 1/0 AWG Ring Terminals $20
- Install Edge 5 pack remote wires [IEC P 3x5-6] 6 feet $15
- 2 packs Install Edge 6.6 ft RCA cables [IRC GAC2] $7 each or $10 for both
- 8 4 way Knu Konceptz 1/0AWG in 4 8AWG out $8 each or all for $55
- 50ft 16AWG speaker cable spool $5
- Install Edge Remote wire [IEC P18 X5-6] 18AWG $5
- Knu Konceptz kolossus Flex 1/0 AWG Red power cable 44 ft $125; 8ft $25; 10.5ft $35 (all for 175)
- 13 ft Q power 1/0 AWG Super Flex on spool $25; 15ft on spool $30
- Approx 400 ft 16AWG Q power speaker wire on spool $40
- Stinger 150 amp circuit breaker $25
- 6 Install Edge Speaker Savers [IEC CAP 133] $6 per pack or all 6 pairs for $30
- 2 2packs Rockford Fosgate 8AWG Ring Terminals $5 each or both for $7.50 -
2 Rockford Fosgate Side mount battery terminals $9 each or both for $15 -
Rockford Fosgate 2 output top mount battery terminal $10
- Rockford Fosgate RCA coupler $5
- Rockford Fosgate 10 AWG Amp kit (no RCA wires) 17 ft $30
- Rockford Fosgate pack of 2 100amp MAXI fuses $10
- Knu Konceptz Negative top mount terminal $10 -
Metra Honda Harness [BB-WHHDI] $10 -
Metra Inpala/Monte Carlo [XSVI-2105] $35 - Metra GM 88-05 22 pin harness [70-1858] $5
- Pair of Dynex square box terminal cups $2
- Dynex OEM Ford Radio removal tools $8
- Stinger Blue HPM voltage meter [SVMB] $15
- Tsunami Marine ANL fused distro, 1/0 AWG IN, 2 1/0AWG out $20
- Generic ANL fuse holder, no cover $5 -
Mini RCA stereo Y cable $2 - 14ft Raptor RCA cable $10
- 16 ft Monster RCA cable $20 -
Stinger 1/0 AWG ring terminal $4 -
2 2male 1female RCA adapter $5 each or both for $7.50
- 1 RCA to RCA dual male wire 9" $2 -
2 Street wires RCA cables in bags 19.69 ft [ZN1260] $7.50 each or both for $10 -
ANL fuses, 2 200amp, 4 250 amp, 2 300 amp, 4 100 amp, 2 500 amp. 500 amp are $5 per pair others are $3 per pair, or all for $30
Total price when purchased individually: $761 Buy the whole lot: $650
Open to trades, Nikon FX lenses and other photography equipment are of special interest. Feel free to contact with questions. Thanks for looking!!
- Viper 500.4, missing xo cover, and right mounting feet. $300
- MTX Road Thunder XO's for componants. $20 for the pair
- Eclipse SC-8355/8365 XO's for componants $50 for the paid
- Phoenix Gold Octane 4.0 2 amp. $150
- JL Audio 500/1. Missing some side screws. Not 100% on what the guts condition is, and last I remember looking it was fine. $125
- Digital Designs DD C1. $140
ORIGINAL RE XXX 12" to come, as well as more amps. I'd love to sell everything as a lot, and am willing to make deals. Only thing trade wise I would be after is Nikon FX lenses, but feel free to offer up. Pics are all on the link below.
Who's Online 3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)