meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

in some countrys they have laws against exploiting little kids to do the work for someone else :P

unless they are getting paid... of course.

Edited by platnum accord

in some countrys they have laws against exploiting little kids to do the work for someone else :P

unless they are getting paid... of course.

just like pops used to say.....when he reaches his hand out for money i tell him "cool, today you get to eat and have a place to sleep" hahah

trust me, i cant shake my son if i wanted too. He loves helpin dad :D

Steve, so you like hush mat over all other sound deadening mats? Just wondering what A pro likes

to be honest.....ive used a lot of different brands and this stuff is just like any other brand. I like it but it does what it is supposed to just like the others. It is really sticky and that is a plus-plus :D If it stays (like some brands that didnt exactly "stay") then thats another plus.

so far i really like it and have no complaints!

Outstanding work man.. ive seen alot of your projects and this is another awesome one.. keep up the good work, cant wait to see some numbers.. Any estimated deadline for when it'll be done? Good luck!

Andrew

thanks :D nahh no deadline, its the Hoopty, we got as long as it takes :)

here is the latest....looks like the same stuff but this time its for real and not mocked up any more. Glue, nails, screws.......its in the truck now for good :D

Cant forget to mention the headliner......that thing was a project in itself to replace after pulling it out. Its HUGE, and im all alone here most of the time.

Before i stuck the pieces back in ran the router over the baffles to clean them up some.

DSC09715.jpg

DSC09716.jpg

DSC09717.jpg

DSC09719.jpg

DSC09720.jpg

DSC09721.jpg

DSC09724.jpg

DSC09725.jpg

Edited by meade916

These 2 x3's not only make the roof a few inches thicker, it gives me something to attach my middle-chamber-roof piece too :D

each two-by was screwed to the one in front of it until i made it to the end....

DSC09731.jpg

DSC09732.jpg

DSC09735.jpg

DSC09730.jpg

DSC09734.jpg

DSC09736.jpg

DSC09733.jpg

DSC09737.jpg

DSC09738.jpg

DSC09739.jpg

DSC09744.jpg

DSC09743.jpg

DSC09746.jpg

DSC09747.jpg

That well will have to be glassed over of course..

i had to cut this one all crazy to go around the rear-A/C stuff. It will be disabled, taped over, and glassed in (so i dont ruin it). I was going to try and use it but i just dont think ill be able to at this point. Its not needed anyway..

DSC09750.jpg

DSC09759.jpg

DSC09757.jpg

DSC09753.jpg

DSC09755.jpg

DSC09758.jpg

DSC09760.jpg

DSC09766.jpg

DSC09763.jpg

The other 2x2's you see are going to help form an exo-skeleton type thing on the outside. Should be SUPER stout when im done with it. Lots of layers of wood and fiberglass coming up soon......ran out of wood tonite though so ill have to go shopping tomorrow after work.

Meade skillz in the building!!

Looking good man, Yall made the deadening thing look like a piece of cake, I'm trying to decide weather or not to pay someone to do it in my mini-van, shoot I just might have to employ my kids..

Sweet inspiration Bro. Keep up the good work and excellent pics.

WOW realy nice, i don know if this question has been asked before am a little lazy about reading. what kinda subs are u gonna mount ??? and why do u like rockford so much even ur cap has a rockford logo, ive seen u only use their amps but not their power subs. but hey thats a really nice set up keep it up man.

WOW realy nice, i don know if this question has been asked before am a little lazy about reading. what kinda subs are u gonna mount ??? and why do u like rockford so much even ur cap has a rockford logo, ive seen u only use their amps but not their power subs. but hey thats a really nice set up keep it up man.

thanks man.....

i love rockford so much because it is a very solid product and always has been. I support the people that support me so i wear the Rockford and Fi gear as much as hygenicly (*sp) possible.

i dont run RF subs because RF doesnt currently make an 18" sub and the 18's they DID produce in the past could not handle the amount of power i put on them at this point. Im an 18" sub kinda guy and they dont have them so i moved on in that area. Thats fine because in the meantime i found what i was looking for and now theres no looking back :D

To answer your other question, just look at the title of this thread :D

thanks man.....

i love rockford so much because it is a very solid product and always has been. I support the people that support me so i wear the Rockford and Fi gear as much as hygenicly (*sp) possible.

i dont run RF subs because RF doesnt currently make an 18" sub and the 18's they DID produce in the past could not handle the amount of power i put on them at this point. Im an 18" sub kinda guy and they dont have them so i moved on in that area. Thats fine because in the meantime i found what i was looking for and now theres no looking back :D

lol yeah ur gonna run btl s oops but hey i need ur opinion on something, would you buy two fi bl15 subs or two t215 rockford they both have the same rms, wich ones would sound better more bass. and one last question hope u dont mind, how much do u think youre gonna spend on ur caddy all the sound system??? thanks again.

thanks man.....

lol yeah ur gonna run btl s oops but hey i need ur opinion on something, would you buy two fi bl15 subs or two t215 rockford they both have the same rms, wich ones would sound better more bass. and one last question hope u dont mind, how much do u think youre gonna spend on ur caddy all the sound system??? thanks again.

its not my caddy but i will spend plenty, trust me :D

the Rockford or the Fi should both be a fine choice....do whatever works for you bro.

top angled pieces in......its REALLY starting to look like a box now, its starting to make me giggle when i look at it :D

DSC09768.jpg

DSC09777.jpg

DSC09773.jpg

DSC09770.jpg

Looking good!

I got 8 of these motor thingys machined and assembled. Gonna start all the soft parts and fumes tomorrow ;)

Wow. Just wow. That is all for now. :)

rumor has it i have 8 HEAVY boxes sitting at the pad waiting for me :D I wonder what could be in those. Man im not off till 4 and home till 5, this sucks! :D

since i got your attention here is just a few pics from last nite. This is just the beginning of what will be lots of 2x3's and other bracing BEFORE i glass it up for more strength.

as you can see, it is close quarters in here, very uncomfortable to work in.......well being in the 215lb and up club dont help.

DSC09835.jpg

DSC09841.jpg

DSC09842.jpg

DSC09845.jpg

DSC09836.jpg

DSC09850.jpg

DSC09851.jpg

O MAN.... THIS IS A DARE........ WHEN everything is instaled and bumping.... SOMEONE HAS TO SIT THIER while bumpen ;)

get some ear muffs and get some chick to sit thier FOR THE ULTIMATE HAIR TRICK!!!!!!!

pure sexiness....chicken is going to be happy when that truck is done

as far as metering...im predicting 160db's on music....yes u heard me say it....this will be the first 160+ daily driver