meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

Ok this will be hard to explain......now i need to route the pieces that surround the middle "chamber" but i have to "turn the corner" with the router instead of rounding i off.....ummm i dont know how to explain. Anyway i took it all out, nailed it to a few pieces of wood that acted like a jig to hold it in place. Then i was able to route the middle rectangle without messin it up. After that i just remove the pieces of wood holding it together and bam its done. No way to route it in the vehicle so this was the only way i could think of.

DSC09968.jpg

DSC09971.jpg

DSC09972-1.jpg

DSC09973-1.jpg

these peices are NOT fastened in place just sitting there, they will come out before i start glassing and bracing the inside of the box so i can have easier access. This is the direction im goin with it though :D

looks like its coming along really nice... hellova good job on it so far... wish I could feel it when its all done

Very nice, can't wait for more.

anyway here are a few pics of tonites work. I am basicly doing some pre-glass framing around the rear a/c unit and fender wells. I also beefed up the area around the ports so when i fasten the face to the box for the final time, i will have lots more to "grab" then just a 3/4" piece of wood in that area.

Ok lets start it out with what i came home to today :D

DSC09980.jpg

DSC09981-1.jpg

DSC09983.jpg

did my little "dry run" with the baffles on, and i was able to get the sub in there with some "medium effort".

DSC09984-1.jpg

DSC09985.jpg

DSC09986-1.jpg

DSC09987.jpg

hard work always pays off in the end.

If only that was true lol...[as I think of the titanic]

I'm sure it will in this case :D

Edited by tejcurrent

rumor has it i just purchased another T15k :D (you like how i said "I") :D:D

probably just for the mids and highs though.... :D

Iv followed alot of your builds.....you sir..are amazing.

What do you think this is for?

DSC099962.jpg

DSC099972.jpg

If you guessed T-Faketeen K then you are right! Much easier to move around then the amp itself. I had Two choices of mounting for these amps and one of them didnt involve a spot for the batterys. This leaves me with my only option.

DSC099982.jpg

DSC099992-1.jpg

One amp right in front of the other staggered. You should be able to see the LED's on the back amp just fine and it actually leaves a NICE spot for the battery bank.

DSC000042-1.jpg

DSC000052.jpg

DSC000062-1.jpg

DSC000082.jpg

DSC099872.jpg

Keep in mind the boxes are ugly and just made to see where it was all going to fall into place. The amps have angles on them and are of course beautiful so it wont be as bad as these pics. This is just to show you whats on my mind or i should say what my only option is :D

What do you think this is for?

DSC099962.jpg

DSC099972.jpg

If you guessed T-Faketeen K then you are right! Much easier to move around then the amp itself. I had Two choices of mounting for these amps and one of them didnt involve a spot for the batterys. This leaves me with my only option.

DSC099982.jpg

DSC099992-1.jpg

One amp right in front of the other staggered. You should be able to see the LED's on the back amp just fine and it actually leaves a NICE spot for the battery bank.

DSC000042-1.jpg

DSC000052.jpg

DSC000062-1.jpg

DSC000082.jpg

DSC099872.jpg

Keep in mind the boxes are ugly and just made to see where it was all going to fall into place. The amps have angles on them and are of course beautiful so it wont be as bad as these pics. This is just to show you whats on my mind or i should say what my only option is :D

So now after that, i had to brace this thing up so i can start glassing tomorrow. I was going to do it today but i forgot about bracing and it has to be done first.

Nothin but a few more 2x4's in the mix.....

DSC099912-1.jpg

DSC099923.jpg

DSC099952.jpg

DSC000013.jpg

DSC000023.jpg

tomorrow i can finally glass the inside up!

So now after that, i had to brace this thing up so i can start glassing tomorrow. I was going to do it today but i forgot about bracing and it has to be done first.

Nothin but a few more 2x4's in the mix.....

That thing is gonna be sweet.

thanks!

here is some pics that one of my mods photoshopped to give you guys a better idea how the amps will be.

DSC000042-1.png

DSC000082.png

Steve, how many man hours do you have into this build?

sweet jebus