mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

this thread is making me exhausted just reading it :lol:

Yes. Was way more sore last night. smile.gif

Tired though. My body needed some repair rest. Perhaps drinking a bottle of wine wasn't the best idea last night, but damnit I deserved it tongue.gif

You didn't ask but, when going out pedaling something that can really help you recover FAST is drinking something like "Endurox R4". I used to mountain bike for several hours at a time, and it made a HUGE difference in recovery time by getting in the nutrients right after a long cycle session. I was pretty prone to cramping though, so YMMV. For me and the guys I pedaled with it was night and day.

I like a 2:1 sugar:protein a bit more, but what ever works. Most bikers love endurox. I used to buy powdered bulk aminos, powder cross filter, ionized mega broken down whey and dextrose and mix my own drink for pedaling. Always added in vitamin C and then a banana later.

After a while I got really lazy though and would mix OJ and yogurt. Ot a banana and protein powder + water. Anyway to get sugar, vitamin C and potasium, and simple sugar ASAP.

I think the home brew worked the best but it would always make me insanely hungry(I desired that effect at the time though). With the other 2 options I felt I got the same results, but the smoothy made me have less appetite.

Vitamin C, potasium, and sugar is the real key. The protein was really good too but not as important.

All good info, What do you eat/drink before cycling?

I didn't ask, but need the info. :)

Heres my "beast". IT needs a fresh coat of FLAT Black this year, and I will probably be building a tube front bumper and full roll cage.smile.gif

the specs: 1972 Chevy Blazer, 327ci. w/Powermaster 200amp alt. and dual red tops, 1-ton axles, Bilstein shocks, Detroit locker, 4wheel disc brakes, Super Swamper bias-ply TSL's.

I also have a Pioneer deck and some Polk speakers I will be installing.

Needs more rubber :P

Are those 31's ? Or 33's ?

Heres my "beast". IT needs a fresh coat of FLAT Black this year, and I will probably be building a tube front bumper and full roll cage.smile.gif

the specs: 1972 Chevy Blazer, 327ci. w/Powermaster 200amp alt. and dual red tops, 1-ton axles, Bilstein shocks, Detroit locker, 4wheel disc brakes, Super Swamper bias-ply TSL's.

Needs more rubber tongue.gif

They are 34x10.5's, I will probably put 39's or 40's but maybe only 37's We will see. The first part was to built the "beast" SO it could handle that big of meats!!!tongue.gif i.e. 1-Ton axles, but still need lower gears. Right now the springs are only 4" lift, but I made custom spring mounts SO its closer to 6" right now. ALSO there is NO body lift BUT I cut the bottom 6 inches off of the body is the reason IT lOoks so tall.biggrin.gif I need to build tube nerf bars. I plan on installing little flater and longer and softer front and rear leaf springs probably first (the reason for the custom adjustable spring mounts), then I will see what Tire fits best.smile.gif

Yes. Was way more sore last night. smile.gif

Tired though. My body needed some repair rest. Perhaps drinking a bottle of wine wasn't the best idea last night, but damnit I deserved it tongue.gif

You didn't ask but, when going out pedaling something that can really help you recover FAST is drinking something like "Endurox R4". I used to mountain bike for several hours at a time, and it made a HUGE difference in recovery time by getting in the nutrients right after a long cycle session. I was pretty prone to cramping though, so YMMV. For me and the guys I pedaled with it was night and day.

I like a 2:1 sugar:protein a bit more, but what ever works. Most bikers love endurox. I used to buy powdered bulk aminos, powder cross filter, ionized mega broken down whey and dextrose and mix my own drink for pedaling. Always added in vitamin C and then a banana later.

After a while I got really lazy though and would mix OJ and yogurt. Ot a banana and protein powder + water. Anyway to get sugar, vitamin C and potasium, and simple sugar ASAP.

I think the home brew worked the best but it would always make me insanely hungry(I desired that effect at the time though). With the other 2 options I felt I got the same results, but the smoothy made me have less appetite.

Vitamin C, potasium, and sugar is the real key. The protein was really good too but not as important.

All good info, What do you eat/drink before cycling?

I was younger and extremely active..... Probably a tripple whopper with cheese large shake and onion rings.

I was also Mtn Biking and we thought it was a fun game to see who could eat the most and not puke while slamming around jumps and river bottoms. Road biking is much more freindly to the guts than hopping dirt.

Now? I would probably keep it pretty light. CHicken breast and rice with extra rice? Or chicken and pasta. Unless you're pedaling only for the sake of loosing weight slow burning carbs and water are your friend. When wrestling, pedaling, working a heavy bag, or lifting the best think you can do is stay hydrated. Usually for anyone who is regularly sweating hard and eating pretty healthy you also need electrolytes, so I would mix gatoraide or OJ in a 4-1 mix with water when I felt like I was really depleated.

No problem. If I know anything it's sports products and supliments. I've done 'em all. From home brew protein shakes to bajillion bucks for a bottle of pills type stuff.

They are 34x10.5's, I will probably put 39's or 40's but maybe only 37's We will see. The first part was to built the "beast" SO it could handle that big of meats!!!tongue.gif i.e. 1-Ton axles, but still need lower gears. Right now the springs are only 4" lift, but I made custom spring mounts SO its closer to 6" right now. ALSO there is NO body lift BUT I cut the bottom 6 inches off of the body is the reason IT lOoks so tall.biggrin.gif I need to build tube nerf bars. I plan on installing little flater and longer and softer front and rear leaf springs probably first (the reason for the custom adjustable spring mounts), then I will see what Tire fits best.smile.gif

Wow, the body sure makes the tyres look small :D

No body lift is the way to go !

What kind of 1-ton axles ? Front looks like a D60 Chevy...+ 14bolt rear ?

Do something about the shackle angles too :P

fuck fuck fuck. I need help from doctors in here, most specifically Aaron since he just went through this (and Peng?). I hurt my knee today in kickball. I was rounding second when the ball got in faster than I expected and planted my feet to turn back but my right leg didn't rotate and my knee went left as my body was going back right and got bent sideways. I heard a small pop (obvious danger sign), but it wasn't excruciating pain. I laid there for a minute trying to figure out what was what, and surprised that it didn't hurt more and I could move it pretty well. I got up and walked off slowly. I can walk ok on it and can bend it fully both backward and forward. It's only when I have any inward motion with the knee does it sting. I got ice on it right away and have been on/off with that. Swelling isn't much if any. I've heard that people know when they tear ACL/MCL/etc., but I'm not sure. It doesn't really feel like it but I dunno. The pop I heard scares me, but most of the feelings I get are that it's just a sprain/hyperextension and I've heard pops on my ankles before and they've just been sprains. The pain feels kinda under the inside edge of my kneecap.

I've injured myself plenty before but have always just felt annoyed/frustrated that I'd miss sport time or whatever. But I've never hurt a knee before so this is uncharted territory and kinda scary to me. I know that go see a doctor would be a first response but I don't really like them. Not that I don't think they're helpful or have had bad experiences or whatever, I'm just stubborn. If it's all swollen, painful, or movement is limited in the morning I'll probably go see one.

Just sucks that I have a basketball game tomorrow and I can't play because of dumb kickball. It's like what's his name from the NFL who missed a couple games because he fell getting out of the shower or whatever.

Oh no. Was is more like a click or a popping sound? Also, did it swell right away? Both of mine were a noticeable pop that others could easily hear around me, along with brutal levels of pain and strong swelling shortly after. I really REALLY hope you did not pop the ACL. Sometimes if it was the MCL, some doctors will let it go, but usually if you hurt either the meniscus usually was damaged in the process too. I am going to PM you now with my cell number to call me asap!

I am a bit sore today. Managed a 28mi jaunt yesterday. I have just matched my motorcycling numbers for the past three years in 8 days of pedalling.

Not sure if I posted them here, but I meant to...

2010-03-26%2016.46.02.jpg

This is my new Trek 1.2 Super fun bike :) Hitting 30 mph on flat land on a bicycle is sweet! :lol:

2010-04-19%2009.38.47.jpg

Also got this bike for free this weekend! It's a ton of fun just to put around the yard at my home in Baytown considering the roads aren't as great. I also have a run/ride coming up that I needed a mountain bike for and I think this will do the trick.

When did you pick up the 1.2?

Not too long before you picked up your bike. Going to start training to do a couple 100 mile runs this summer

No way in the world that should be called a Tacoma. Wonder what engine arrangement they are running to have such black smoke and high turbo twitter.

Toyota 2.1L I4; runs in the area of about a thousand horse, does 0-125 in a little less than 5 seconds

and its a carbon fiber body over chromoly tube chassis, so just the slightest of breezes will have it flying off the road :lol2:

Wow, the body sure makes the tyres look small biggrin.gif

No body lift is the way to go !

What kind of 1-ton axles ? Front looks like a D60 Chevy...+ 14bolt rear ?

your on it. Yes the front is D60 Chevy and 14 bolt full float w/detroit in thr rear, the gear ratio is only 4.10s. Fuck, this thing is a money pit. SO fun to drive though, its a convertable, a hot-rod and a 4-wheel drive all in one.

Not too long before you picked up your bike. Going to start training to do a couple 100 mile runs this summer

How do you train for a couple 100mi runs?

As for tires being too small, this looks that way too.

p3260020.jpg

Not sure why no one has anything bigger, obviously us little people are challenged. Had my brother ride it yesterday. He is basically the same height as me, but wouldn't even come close to getting on it until I dropped the seat a lot. :P

Of course the frame could be 3" taller and I'd still fit. It is almost too long in the top tube though so I am at my limit of stock sizes. I guess I am all legs. Most men are all upper body so they make bikes funny.

If I keep riding, perhaps next year I'll have someone make me a custom frame. That'll look hilarious.

Probably something like this:

billwalton01.jpg?w=448&h=316

BillWalton03.jpg

In action:

walton.jpg?w=250&h=306

Although I may have Zinn build one so that longer crank arms will fit as well.

No problem. If I know anything it's sports products and supliments. I've done 'em all. From home brew protein shakes to bajillion bucks for a bottle of pills type stuff.

Cool. Where would you buy said Endurox? ... or protein powder etc.

I have always been of the I eat natural shit direction and have absolutely no idea where/what/why supplements are used. Amusingly yesterday post ride I ate yogurt, a clif bar, an odwala bar, and banana smoothie and a crap ton of corned beef. My body sort of told me what to do. Today I ate a loaf of trailbread and some eggs for breakfast. :P

I went to the doctor this morning. The knee was a little more stiff and sore when I woke up but I wasn't sure if that was just from being immobile all night and if the bit of extra swelling from not being iced. The PA ran me through some leg bends and things to test for ligament damage but surprisingly they didn't hurt. So seems it's just a strain, though with where the one tender spot is when she was prodding around, she said it's possible to have a slight meniscus tear. Only an MRI could confirm though. We decided to just do some easy treatment for a week to see if it gets better- ice, ibuprofen, and elevation. If it's not better in a week it's more likely that a tear of meniscus could have occurred and we'll schedule an MRI. However even with meniscus tears it's usually only the more severe ones that get operated on. So it appears that I dodged a bullet. I was kinda scared there for a while last night even though I was decently sure it was only a strain.

Oh and to answer other questions, I guess it was a bit of a soft pop, maybe just a click? It wasn't real loud, I don't think anybody else heard it. Got ice on it immediately though, and never really got swollen. Just a tad, hardly noticeable.

I am a bit sore today. Managed a 28mi jaunt yesterday. I have just matched my motorcycling numbers for the past three years in 8 days of pedalling.

There was a running marathon through Lawrence yesterday morning. As I was fishing I heard some people run by and one lady asked the guy where he was from, and he said Minnesota.

Taking care of the gf's cat while she's gone for the early part of this week. Have to go over there and feed her twice a day. In the morning she wants nothing to do with me (as usual) and will run away when I try to pet her. But come afternoon when I get off of work and stop by on my way home, her attitude has changed. She wants to play and will rub up against my legs and will lay on her side expecting me to rub her neck and side. Hmm, reminds me of my ex-gf. She was terrible in the morning.

Holy cow it was so awesome outside today. 70* and barely a breeze. I love the spring time, not only for the sweet intermediate temperatures but the rains too.