mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

granted i'm an Android user i don't like the UI when it comes to droid tablets.

They are more powerful but just don't "feel" right.

The UI Looks/Feels like they just made a larger version of the android firmware.

:( having inlaws here for potentially my last boating weekend blows

Surprised they're not begging you to take them on it.

Thank you Nate!!! Ordered. They just about perfect fit what I need. Great price too, and nothing fancy that I won't worry about at the office.

fing34.gif

:captain: <3 going out on the lake! I think I've already gone out my last time for the summer though.. bummer.

The UI Looks/Feels like they just made a larger version of the android firmware.

I won't be using the operating system either way. It will look and act like a remote control. The remote does include a web browser though :) Of course any thing I want to add from it can be as well, but skipping their interface completely will happen whether and Iturd or Droid.

I could use a Windows tab too, but it has to then run REAL windows.

:( having inlaws here for potentially my last boating weekend blows

Surprised they're not begging you to take them on it.

They are. Not here yet though and the flat water is long gone for the day. Going to get out 7am or something tomorrow. Probably a tour this afternoon.

:captain: <3 going out on the lake! I think I've already gone out my last time for the summer though.. bummer.

I live on the lake, just happens to be a busy one. 15,000 acres, but 180mi of shoreline and in a top 10 metro population wise. Needless to say it holds some boats on the weekends.. During the week its the bomb though.

I won't be using the operating system either way. It will look and act like a remote control. The remote does include a web browser though :) Of course any thing I want to add from it can be as well, but skipping their interface completely will happen whether and Iturd or Droid.

I'd consider buying used. The depreciation on those things is a bitch from what I've seen. Of the two I'd go with the one that can run flash considering your needs. Might not the most amazing flash experience, but it's better than not having it.

Do you want the tab as a remote over some universal remote so you have something to surf on from the couch?

Anyone know of a good calendar software for the computer, that can also sync with droid x (android)?

I tried the google calendar but it's very unreliable, I would make an event and save it, shows up on date, close browser, come back to it and it's magically gone, not to mention some other known bugs... I cannot have this.

Anyone got any other good ones?

I use Microsoft Outlook which is actually a reasonably effective email program to go along with the calendar.

Used it originally and it worked. Guess the problem I'm running into now is, anything that is synced between the droidx to xxx calendar program is first synced to google calendar then transferred to the xxx program.

So basically google cal is still the middle man, just have to test if it'll work, if not we'll likely get a palm pre.

And I always thought google was awesome.

I use Outlook at work and it directly syncs on my phone. I also have no problems with Google calendar either.

Anyone up to speed on Droid based tablets. An I-whatever would work too I suppose, but I want a 7" and don't want to spend a lot. Just going to be used as a remote control and an occasional webpage view while watching tv

Galaxy Tab is the only one worth a damn

Anyone up to speed on Droid based tablets. An I-whatever would work too I suppose, but I want a 7" and don't want to spend a lot. Just going to be used as a remote control and an occasional webpage view while watching tv

Galaxy Tab is 7"

But that's EXACTLY what iOS did and they are the only real competing tablet...

Galaxy Tab is the only one worth a damn

Asus Transformer is nice. are you talking about the galaxy 10.1 or the 7" version?

Anyone know of a good calendar software for the computer, that can also sync with droid x (android)?

I tried the google calendar but it's very unreliable, I would make an event and save it, shows up on date, close browser, come back to it and it's magically gone, not to mention some other known bugs... I cannot have this.

Anyone got any other good ones?

I use Microsoft Outlook which is actually a reasonably effective email program to go along with the calendar.

Used it originally and it worked. Guess the problem I'm running into now is, anything that is synced between the droidx to xxx calendar program is first synced to google calendar then transferred to the xxx program.

So basically google cal is still the middle man, just have to test if it'll work, if not we'll likely get a palm pre.

And I always thought google was awesome.

Synced with google, really? I don't think mine is but zm not sure how to check

Google Calendar Sync plus Outlook installed on your computer is easily the best way if you access/synchronize/modify GMail and calendar with your phone and computer.

Parents are loving that they can watch their new granddaughter, who lives 550 miles away, in real time. Skype, baby! :)

Alright here is 1 of 2. All hooked up and moving to music.

th_2011-09-10_10-42-05_695.jpg

Not sure how to turn this. Sorry.

th_2011-09-10_11-19-52_304.jpg

I guess the droid does decent video. Look foward to more at a later time.

Saturday parts hunting!!!!

J

Going fishing tomorrow morning, then offroad later on. Should be a fun day.

Did you make all of those?

We buy the seconds so to say. Some are static and we make them move and others just need repairs and touch ups.

To buy these 100% ready to go would cost 10k plus, so we don't mind the work it takes to get them working and looking good.