mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I got into "barefoot" running a while back. I say that with quotes because I did it with Vibram Five Finger shoes. For me I need some protection on the bottom of my feet (mostly on hard packed) because of a bone spur that has come up from a broken foot a couple years back. Also the Vibram's prevent sharper object from hurting your feet and I honestly don't care to have feet that are nastier than what I have now.

I think its great and I LOVE forefoot running (it is the only true way to run IMO). Here are a few things I've observed...

1. The Vibram's were considerably lighter, which helped my speeds increase.
  2. Forefoot running can easily be achieved in running shoes and can be as effective (The counter to that is I see plenty of people heel strike in Vibram's)
  3. Your feet get more of a workout in the Vibram's and you feel more agile (a very good thing)
  4. Lifting that requires you to be on your feet are more effective barefoot or in Vibram's
  5. Your calf's get a huge workout with forefoot strike (again a very good thing as you are training you calf to be a shock absorber instead of your knee joint)

Overall, I found that the KSO's I got didn't do enough to protect my bone spur on very hard surfaces, but they are the best water shoes I've ever had. Eventually, I will get another pair of Vibram's but I will look to something that has a little more tread on the bottom.

I tried those shoes too, but my toes were to long for them. We used to run barefoot all the time, it made our feet feel less when licking through wood and blocks. It has been years since I have done any of that.

I am either barefoot ar in my birks!

Whenever I can be, I'm with you.

I'm the opposite way, my feet live in boots.

Sorry, I calculated one way, not round trip. Round trip is ~1000 bucks wear and tear, so figure around 650 per for 2 and 325 per for 4.

Got the power disconnected today.

No warning, no nothing. Apparently we didn't pay our bill from February. Funny part is the people at the electrical company said they sent the bill and warnings.

FUCK THIS, $100 for reconnection, like that $100 was something I didn't know what to do with...

And the fucking idiots who disconnected it couldn't wait for dad to go and pay. Chop the wires, off we went.

Stupid fucking country.

Are you sure you are not in the US?

gas.png

Don't leave you gas on! It will turn into gasoline and then your house will ah-splode.

How are your teeth after all that soda? ;)

I got into "barefoot" running a while back. I say that with quotes because I did it with Vibram Five Finger shoes. For me I need some protection on the bottom of my feet (mostly on hard packed) because of a bone spur that has come up from a broken foot a couple years back. Also the Vibram's prevent sharper object from hurting your feet and I honestly don't care to have feet that are nastier than what I have now.

I think its great and I LOVE forefoot running (it is the only true way to run IMO). Here are a few things I've observed...

1. The Vibram's were considerably lighter, which helped my speeds increase.
  2. Forefoot running can easily be achieved in running shoes and can be as effective (The counter to that is I see plenty of people heel strike in Vibram's)
  3. Your feet get more of a workout in the Vibram's and you feel more agile (a very good thing)
  4. Lifting that requires you to be on your feet are more effective barefoot or in Vibram's
  5. Your calf's get a huge workout with forefoot strike (again a very good thing as you are training you calf to be a shock absorber instead of your knee joint)

Overall, I found that the KSO's I got didn't do enough to protect my bone spur on very hard surfaces, but they are the best water shoes I've ever had. Eventually, I will get another pair of Vibram's but I will look to something that has a little more tread on the bottom.

I tried those shoes too, but my toes were to long for them. We used to run barefoot all the time, it made our feet feel less when licking through wood and blocks. It has been years since I have done any of that.

I am either barefoot ar in my birks!

Whenever I can be, I'm with you.

I'm the opposite way, my feet live in boots.

Same here 8-12 hours in boots daily X 5-7 days a week get you used to hem

img_4860_68036_29296654.jpg

I love my metabolism. :D

Is that all from today?

Sure my metabolism is high, but I still wouldn't drink that much. ;lol:

No, I'll probably throw up.

I'm OK with a liter per day. I try to limit myself to a 2lt bottle per week or two tho.

Sure my metabolism is high, but I still wouldn't drink that much. ;lol:

I started collecting them like an year and a half ago.

I probably have the same addiction to the fuzz as Sean. Too lazy to make my own carbonator... sleep.png

No, I'll probably throw up.

I'm OK with a liter per day. I try to limit myself to a 2lt bottle per week or two tho.

I used to drink a good 3L a day, sometimes up to 5L. Exactly why I quit altogether and now only drink carbonated water.

No worries Sean as you can see mine is still ok, but I am being proactive. smile.png

Reminder

Aaron I think the store looks much better like this:

http://wonder-tonic....udio.com/store/

biggrin.png

Huh?

Client/Server Security Agent

Page Blocked

URL: http://wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/content.php?theme=2&music=7&url=http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/

Rating: Dangerous

Threat details:

Verified fraudulent page or threat source.

Well I've finally decided to get in shape. Focusing on keeping true to a routine. tongue.png

Also starting barefoot running.

Barefoot FTW!

I have a good friend whose been barefoot running, nutrition, and paleo diet for years, so that definitely helps.

There is a reason we have evolved and started wearing something to protect our feet,

What reason is that? Everything I have read says we could EASILY of stayed barefoot and been just fine.

Saying that is like saying that justin bieber and lady gaga is the result of evolution from bands like Guns and Roses, Poison, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, and more.

J

I'm sorry,but that analogy is so far off base, but technically all "music" is an evolution of that before it. Gaga and Beiber may have some way been influenced by them.

Back to the feet. While we may not have a NEED for shoes or clothes, the evolution of our brains to produce such textiles to adapt to our environment is evolution. We don't need modern medicine or practices either, but we have evolved to use them. They are all tools built out of a necessity, just like our arms, legs,fingers, yell, every part of us.

I guess I couldn't word it well. I see what you are saying now that you have explained a bit more, but I think your bodies have become 'soft' due to all the cushioned shoes and surfaces we walk on.

J

Speaking of the vibrams, I got my pair in today, too big. Anyone want to buy a pair of the classics in size 44? say $45 shipped brand new. Otherwise I'll just return them.

Ahh I don't have any patience, just sending them back in the morning.

Edited by stefanhinote

I hope I rattled some cages. I posted on DC Power's facebook page about filing a police report. Or perhaps they just don't give a shit.