REVpuggie

I'd like too show some enclosure builds of mine

People like him and Pound that Sound make me not even want to continue building boxes but it shows with hard work what could be possible in many years to come.

A+ build, you could be a great shop class teacher.. mainstream box builder.. very impressed.

wow , its been a long time since anybody posted here , thanx for the comments !

obviously I've been busy in the mean time , I'll post-up something soon .. no subboxes though ...I did some doors and on-dash mids

next subbox will be build when I get my 18" SMD :drink40:

Someone woke the dead, glad they did. Your woodworking skills are top notch.

Those enclosures need some plexi so show off the bracing. It's a shame to hide it inside the box.

Obviously you take great pride in your work.

Cheers - :drink40:

Certainly some nice work!! Great attention to detail!! Looking forward to seeing more. And how prominent is the audio scene over there?

A plexiglass window undoes all the work I had making the braces , I've got some polycarbonate butt really no intention to use it , the boxes arent for show , they're meant to achieve a certain goal , I've got the pics right ?

our little country isnt that big , rather small actually , the furthest drive though our country would take about 4 hours without traffic jams (as if that would ever happen) , so our audio scene is small too .

I hate showing an unfinished box , but since it will never again will be in my car it never will get finished , here it goes , one of my backloaded horns

no.5 the last box I played in my car :

Foto-IEXHDYYD-D.jpg

Foto-L3FCL46X-D.jpg

Foto-7ANGSACK-D.jpg

and a phone pic , since I cant seem to find my camera ....

Foto-K6MKVFDS-D.jpg

hope the 3rd gen golf and seat marbella get finished soon so I can post up some SQ setups I'm doing ....funny thing is one car will have nothing playing on-axis and the other one has every front driver on-axis ,both with the same set of goals butt with completely different drivers and cars

That's some incredible box building. What exactly is the advantage to the folded horn enclosure?

brings back memories.......

I made some folded hornes like that for City Limits night club in Kelowna about

20 years ago for some 18"........one unloading from each corner of the dance floor

What exactly is the advantage to the folded horn enclosure?

the most obvious advantages are very low group-delay and a phase-shift favourable to normal ported enclosures while output is as good as a normal ported enclosure or better.

a good flat response , and deadly accurate , disadvantages are a very steep roll-off, below tuning it very quickly has no powerhandling at all and the box is not by any means small.

*edit* glad I could take you down memory lane Thumpper :drink40:

Edited by BASSmaster

What exactly is the advantage to the folded horn enclosure?

the most obvious advantages are very low group-delay and a phase-shift favourable to normal ported enclosures while output is as good as a normal ported enclosure or better.

a good flat response , and deadly accurate , disadvantages are a very steep roll-off, below tuning it very quickly has no powerhandling at all and the box is not by any means small.

*edit* glad I could take you down memory lane Thumpper :drink40:

That makes sense, that clarifies what I read last night on folded horns.

wow , its been a long time since anybody posted here , thanx for the comments !

obviously I've been busy in the mean time , I'll post-up something soon .. no subboxes though ...I did some doors and on-dash mids

next subbox will be build when I get my 18" SMD trink40.gif

I checked this thread out when you first posted it, BUT I could check it out again every few months and NEVER get tired of lOOking.biggrin.gif

I LOVE your Matrix bracing and the way you Rabbit joint ALL the bracing.wub.gif

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE DASH PODS?????

you be patient tattoo-man !

I only get to work one day a week on install's , often the things I build take a lot of time ... or maybe I'm just slow idk

Very Top Notch Work !!! I'd really like to se the Sound Quality Stuff ...

Crazy awesome man, people can really learn a lot from watching how you build boxes! :drink40:

Any updates??

no ,

the fit of the box is very tight ,awkward angles and no tools to fabricate those in an easy way , aeroport also proves to be a bigger challenge than that I had thought , havent had time to build the last couple of weeks because of the hollidays with family and all that stuff .

Installed the peerless 3inch driver in pods on my A pillars , but only for testing , they're playing free-air right now : baflle on a piece of 4inch long HDPE 5inch tube , filled with longhair wool and open end .

liking it ,but testing them in a 0,8 litre closed boxes shortly .

did an install in one day for a friend some weeks ago .. at the end of the day the Alpine 9855 turned out not to be working ..... bummer @ 10.30pm

wanted to post up pictures of a car I've done with a morel comp and Fi Q high Qts , and although I made the doors , the mounts for the mids on the dash , the enclosure in the trunk and side plates in the trunk to house a bunch of stuff. butt he won't let me post up pictures ,he wants to keep it secret (I know its childish) so the competition in the SQ field don't know whats coming (in the sense of how it was made) .... to bad I can't post those pics up . and the fully done install could take a while ................