its not what we prefer, its what you need. what are you really asking?

Both are good amps. Comes down to which one fits your budget.

Both are good amps. Comes down to which one fits your budget.

x10

x194234848238423-48230948324329482309423489-482394080329283432490309830948230948329040932840932840328942309843293280432894238094832483209423098420394320940932409203948029384

I love my sundown, i would always try RF though

Well since every post you have made is comparing RF to X....you should just get the RF.

RF is expensive, overpriced, but they make very nice amps, some of the best, IMO. I have run at least 20 different RF amps and never once had a problem with any of them. In your mind you think it's better and it will be because you think so.

Now if you truly have an open mind, Sundown will do everything the Fosgate will do and will save you some money too.

Truth be told I don't understand why people spend so much time debating amps. They all do the same thing. Just because one costs more does not make it better. I am now running what some classify as "budget amps" and I could not be happier with my choices.

RF = power hog / power hungry

sundown = awesome does OVER rated power on 12volts second to none customer service! need i say more! plus they are on sale right now! *(some of them are)

RF = power hog / power hungry

sundown = awesome does OVER rated power on 12volts second to none customer service! need i say more! plus they are on sale right now! *(some of them are)

X2 on customer service.

The reason so many people use Sundown Amplifiers is because while they are an awesome product, the customer service is awesome too.

I'd much rather have a good amp, and in the rare occasion that it fails have an understanding man stand behind his product, than to buy a cheap "budget amp" and have it fail and no one to help you our with the product.

i've also heard that the rf amps are rediculously unefficient...while the sundown amps are very efficient.

sundown = awesome does OVER rated power on 12volts

Do you have a link to an actual bench test that verifies this?

I did a little testing yesterday... got rated power at 11.3v / 0.95 actual load.

I blew up two of my bench supplies last week so only had one running + my 4 year old Wal-Mart deep cycles so it doesn't hold voltage the greatest right now

Need to get it in a car.

wouldnt that mean it will do more at 12V? this is off the new 2500.

Clamp tests are pretty much worthless. Which AFAIK are what Sundown does.

ahh, gotcha. dont understand the different testing, so ill stay out of it haha :D

RF's are ridiculous current hogs and will drop your voltage down thus dropping their output. Sundown would win in a comparison but I'd still take the budget friendly Audioque over both of them if money was a concern

Edited by mxer657

one thing about ap and aq is the power is not as clean, with aq you have to clip the signal a bit to get rated..... i know ive used them, also the saz1500 can put out more than an aq 2200 also cleaner, im running my 1500 at .66 daily and never gets more than warm, while aq's get HOT. they are not bad amps just not as good as sundown and dj is a great guy but side by side sundown wins**** also i have had my hands on the ap 3000 again not a bad amp for the money and will do rated, but gets hot and not as clean..... if it sounds to good it most cases is

Edited by tyoung515

unclean pretty much sums up all class D monoblocks, IMO.

They are what they are, big power on the cheap.

unclean pretty much sums up all class D monoblocks, IMO.

Not at all. Cheap ones sure, but don't fault the topology for manufacturers fucking it up.

to tru^^^ but still some are cleaner than others, and having to clip to get rated= bad for the woofers

Really?

These "this vs that" threads are worthless when comparing quality products such as Sundown and RF. Most of what I have heard is "I heard this about brand B" or "Brand A is overrated and not worth the money". Look at amps being compared and compare feature for feature. If it fits your budget and it's what your looking for then buy it. Everybody has an opinion and will suggest what they like. It's up to you to make the final decision on what you get.

Sundown is a small company that prides itself on it's products, customers and customer service.

Rockford Fosgate is a large corporation. They make great amps and the reputation over the years should explain that. Whenever I have needed help or had questions their Tech Dept was more than helpful.

So toss a coin on which is better!

Instead of making a thread about "is Amp X better then Amp Z" you should make one thread explaining your situation with your car, truck, suv, or bike and the equipment you have or are interested in getting including what size alternator and batts you have or are interested in getting then we all can chime in about what will work for you. You will get much better help that way instead of making threads like this.

sundown is a bit less than rf, for the price of there 2k amp you can get the saz-3500 i cant say ive had my hands on a lot or rf amps except the t4000 but again if price is an issue sundown ftw

My opinion is a bit more extreme. I have been buying more budget amps with the power and features I want because I do not hear a difference between a MB Quart 4125 and a Sundown 100.4 for example. That is not a knock on Sundown or any other manufacturer. I am happy with my budget amps (Crunch GP3000D & MBQ 4125) and I have less than $545 total invested in both. They both put up big numbers, have nice internals, have been reliable, and as stated above I do not hear a difference in SQ from other products I have used in the past and I have used my share in 20+ years.

There are products that offer an excellent bang for the buck, but they require some research and thought process to find them. At the end of the day it's my ears I have to please.

^ This is my opinion and I am not trying to change anyone's thoughts. Just an old man sharing his thoughts. :drink40:

Well since every post you have made is comparing RF to X....you should just get the RF.

RF is expensive, overpriced, but they make very nice amps, some of the best, IMO. I have run at least 20 different RF amps and never once had a problem with any of them. In your mind you think it's better and it will be because you think so.

Now if you truly have an open mind, Sundown will do everything the Fosgate will do and will save you some money too.

Truth be told I don't understand why people spend so much time debating amps. They all do the same thing. Just because one costs more does not make it better. I am now running what some classify as "budget amps" and I could not be happier with my choices.

That's not completely tru, ther are a couple of brand that are overrated and a few that even suck. I went through 3 Kenwood amps and they all over heated, traded them for MTX and it worked wonderfully. I think that's what people are trying to find out, if one brand is overrated, or overheats, or sounds crappy, etc...