Mark LaFountain

Interesting BS on CACO

I can't see it cause I don't wanna sign up over there... cliffnotes?

Yeah, never signed up over there for some reason.......found a very informative car audio forum :peepwall: Copy and paste?

i was reading the SSA forum rules and started thinging to my self WTF do they think they are better than other forums. i understand pride and all but hell, it like they have to take a discussion and Justify it. i understandproper english and stuff like that. but really, spl-sql-sq excuss the hell out of me for not being proper

Posting Rules & Hints (Yes, it is required that you follow these. If you don't, you will be warned or banned):

You are encouraged to post, make threads, ask questions, and interact with the members of the board.

1) The search function is your friend. Use it! In fact, citing what you searched and the results that you received will most definitely get you answers in a much faster and more detailed way.

2) Make a logical title for your thread.

3) On occasion actual internet slang is fine, but we do not allow ghetto slang like prolly, prally, ima, wut, wat, tha, ur and so on. The point is to have coherent conversations.

4) Every thread should start with a detailed background including what vehicle, equipment, and goals you have. The more details the better.

5) Use punctuation. If you don't know how, try.

6) Do your best to spell everything correctly and form real sentences, FireFox spell checks for you if need be.

7) Proof read your posts and threads before submitting. If you can't read them easily, fix them before posting.

8) Do not 'TTT' your thread every 20 minutes. If you aren't getting an answer, it is probably your fault for not asking a question with enough detail.

9) Do not make multiple threads asking the same question.

10) Do not ask for help being a social menace. If your sole goal with a system is to be heard a long way from your car, please be respectful and don't do it. Obviously, if you are a competitor, we'd be glad to help.

11) You can be warned for asking poorly stated questions. Usually this means questions without much detail. Don't post that way.

12) Expect that if you use bad English, a stupid title, or generally don't follow the rules that your post may be altered at will by the moderator staff, and you will be warned or banned.

13) If you start a thread, you must be willing to ACCEPT advice even if you don't like it.

14) The term SPL has one meaning here, to be as loud as possible playing one particular note. The response will be peaky and loud.

15) SQ also has a very defined meaning, to reproduce music as it was recorded as exactly as possible. If this isn't your goal, don't use the term.

16) SQL is not a term that is allowed on this board. Use it and you will get warned. SQ & SPL are polar opposites so DO NOT say you want a mix of both.

17) If you are not exactly sure of the definitions of any term, do not use it in your description of what you want.

18) Daily is not a term that you are allowed to use to describe your system. Daily Jeezy and Daily Mingus have way too varied of a meaning for this to be a worthwhile term. Describe what you want instead.

19) Bashing others is not allowed.

20) Don't type in all capitals.

21) Do not just post links to other forums to divert traffic, that is not why this site is active.

22) Lastly, you have no rights here, this site is privately owned. You sign up and agree to OUR terms. We reserve the right to ban you after one offense with no warning. Please use your time here constructively we are all here to share and learn from each other.

whats ssa? and who cares?

Basically a never ending bashing SSA thread. Very nice.

Haters are going to hate...All of those rules seem very reasonable and are probably the main reason SSA isn't full of garbage posts...I notice sometimes people use the "forbidden" terms and there's some leniency. (As it should be..)

The world is full of people like that, they have to put others down to feel good about themselves.

Hmmmm.....when I clicked the link 10 minutes ago I had no problem viewing all 3 pages of the thread. Now it says I "do not have permission to access this page". I wonder if someone saw that thread linked from SSA and took it down?

I did just sign up there, so I guess it's possible the account had some restrictions imposed after sign-up.

Basically the jist of the thread was that nobody on CACO has the mental capabilities of following the simple rules outlined here on SSA.

they dont even deserve my time to go through all their bs

i can view it, i've been a member only a couple months.

oh, nothing important then. Typical forum bashing. I'm glad I joined this forum, I've long lived past my time at ca.com that's for sure. Place became boring and all it is is bashing. **** seems to be no different apparently.

i think thats one of the best sets of rules on any forum.

most of them are just plain internet etiquette. the rest make sense in regards to the content of this forum. from one webmaster to another, id say you guys run a real nice show here at SSA. i dont bother with any other audio forums because the ones ive visited in the past have the maturity level of a 7 year old.

been eating jellysickles over there.

just creating a thread like that shows you the kind of people.. i know nothing of that forum.. this is my one and only.. think i signed up at smd but once i found this one i just stuck around. dont let it get to ya.. its the internet. I personally prefer a forum like this.. i hate all the drama and bs posts. the rules here keep this place what it is.

Didn't you break a rule with this first post?

"21) Do not just post links to other forums to divert traffic, that is not why this site is active."

The world is full of people like that, they have to put others down to feel good about themselves.

Agreed!

Didn't you break a rule with this first post?

"21) Do not just post links to other forums to divert traffic, that is not why this site is active."

His forum, why not.

I visit all of the briefly from time to time not really my style and I dont post much on them.

I do find their opinions pretty damn funny, but different strokes for different folks.

I prefer the grown up forum with 30 year old SQ guys. lol

All of those rules seem very reasonable and are probably the main reason SSA isn't full of garbage posts

^^^This. Pretty much 99% of the other forums I visit, I have to wade through tons of crap just to find the good/useful stuff. It's not that way here. Plus, when I read posts, I like to understand what the person is saying instead of trying to decipher someone's words because they are too lazy to form some type of legible sentence.

I visit all of the briefly from time to time not really my style and I dont post much on them.

I do find their opinions pretty damn funny, but different strokes for different folks.

I prefer the grown up forum with 30 year old SQ guys. lol

I have a pioneer carrozeria hu you'd like :)

yea I agree though to each their own.

Edited by Arsenal

I am a member on all the "main" Car audio sites and SSA is the site i tell people to go to when they want to learn about car audio! Here you post a question you get an answer, other sites you get bashed for even asking a question...

I stay on this forum 99% of the time but do go to a few others primarily for amusement. Every now and then I find some usefull info out there but this is the place for someone that really wants to learn to be.

I find it interesting they are bashing the rules here, when they also have a decently strict set of rules over there.

I forgot to add that they make you read these rules, just like here.

Only reason I go on there is to browse whats for sale, and to chat with some local guys (who I'm desperately trying to get over here). It is clogged with so much misinformation.

Edited by dvalue

Not my cup of tea over on that site :captain: .....I like it here.

More knowledgeable members and moderators.....