If you get T/S specs including RMS before my build, I might be having a DD 9512H sale.

J

It appears the SSA does not design products therefore specs are unknown.

Pricing looks pretty fair for a monster woofer. Check out how much a 9518 or Level5 18 is going to cost you...

Completely different level of product.

^ ...

that reminds me Mark (or Aaron)

will there be a Pre-sale for a discount or something like that?

ZCONs are comimg very soon guys.... finally. And the introductory price will be killer!

No thanks.

We work with two of the best in the industry when dealing with each new model. We have had T/S specs on the Zcon, we have not released them yet, but will shortly.

Lol edouble.

Don't worry 4 18's Zcon can easily do 150+.

There is a car with 4 15" icons and it does over 155 at low hertz.(= lower then 35hz, but i don't know how low.)

I figured Lance's fanboy would jump in.

Four 18" subs with 12,000wrms better be loud. Period.

I am the consumer posting in the manufacturers section. My opionions and questions. You dont like it? Too bad.

Lol edouble.

Don't worry 4 18's Zcon can easily do 150+.

There is a car with 4 15" icons and it does over 155 at low hertz.(= lower then 35hz, but i don't know how low.)

Sweet. I would love to see the vid of that!

I figured Lance's fanboy would jump in.

Four 18" subs with 12,000wrms better be loud. Period.

I am the consumer posting in the manufacturers section. My opionions and questions. You dont like it? Too bad.

Have you seen his videos? there is no way anyone would call that not loud. Ridiculous flex. Check out his build log :drink40:

Will did a 57 and change this past weekend I think, and has been doing consistent 56's with well less then 12k watts. :)

Will did a 57 and change this past weekend I think, and has been doing consistent 56's with well less then 12k watts. :)

@ the headrest! Does around a 158 in the kick.

Nice scores!

I am eager to hear more about the ZCON design when it is posted.

Nice scores!

I am eager to hear more about the ZCON design when it is posted.

I was at the show, heard Wills truck and an escalade with 2 18 L7s (whatever top square driver kicker makes), two warhorses, and four 300a DC alts. (install and everything was sick too)

Wills truck was a lot louder, obviously has more cone area, but it was the loudest... :D

Damn EDub, Wash the sand out your Va-jayjay Bro. :WTFBubble:

lol

Still undecided between 2 of these, 1 aa smd, or another xcon to total 3

Lets say you would have 5k rms, I think you would be better with 2 Z's. Just my .02

That is a lame response Lance. If you are going to rep SSA and be part of Team SSA I would think you should respond with a little more intelligence and dignity.

BTW tell us how many deebeez (4) 18" ZCON and +12,000wrms produces. Should be high 150's ATLEAST imo.

Get over it. You were trolling and you know it man. I have no personal issue with you and I think/hope you know that, but I will call it like I see it.

Ask anyone who has sat in my truck if it's loud. That was my goal what people thought when they are it in, not TL numbers. I have no desire to play test tones for 5 seconds. Yawn. I want to play low and loud.

Highest to date is 53.9 @ 36hz sealed up on windshield playing music. Could be better clearly, but that's not the subs fault or SSA's fault, just my own problems right now unfortunately. Once I correct the voltage fluctuation issues I have and can hold anything remotely resembling steady, I think it will make a move on up there closer to my goal. Hell, I actually went down over a DB when I added 2 more alts, so there is lots of room for improvement. lol :roflmao: Just one of those strange deals that's kicking my ass right now.

My goal is to play loud and low on music that sounds really damn good with a 154/55 average for 30 seconds sealed up. I will always have a set up that plays good music first and gets loud second, so you wont ever see huge numbers from me or any of my set ups. If you want to see higher numbers look at the other two guys running these subs and burping off test tones, That should tell you what they can do if that's your goal. As for my personal goal, I will get there soon enough with what I have now and some time. Hell there are plenty of set ups SSA and others that can get stupid loud, I want to be different and sound excellent doing so. That's me and I am okay with that.

As for specs,

I would like to see TS specs too so I can test out new boxes, but I cant get SSA to share those with me either. I will get them when they are good and ready for me to see them, but crying like a little girl about things you have no control over proves what exactly?? Nothing, other than that little girl part. It's SSA's project and it's their company so you get info when they want you to have it. One of the perks of being the owner. I am ok with that personally as at least when SSA gives out info, you know it came from an excellent source with proper equipment to test.

:drink40:

That is a lame response Lance. If you are going to rep SSA and be part of Team SSA I would think you should respond with a little more intelligence and dignity.

BTW tell us how many deebeez (4) 18" ZCON and +12,000wrms produces. Should be high 150's ATLEAST imo.

I regretfully have taken this thread off topic. And I do apologize. This will be my last post in this thread.

Get over it. You were trolling and you know it man. I have no personal issue with you and I think/hope you know that, but I will call it like I see it.

Like I said, if you dont like my posts tough shit OR simply ignore my posts :eek5wavey:

Ask anyone who has sat in my truck if it's loud. That was my goal what people thought when they are it in, not TL numbers. I have no desire to play test tones for 5 seconds. Yawn. I want to play low and loud.

Highest to date is 53.9 @ 36hz sealed up on windshield playing music. Could be better clearly, but that's not the subs fault or SSA's fault, just my own problems right now unfortunately. Once I correct the voltage fluctuation issues I have and can hold anything remotely resembling steady, I think it will make a move on up there closer to my goal. Hell, I actually went down over a DB when I added 2 more alts, so there is lots of room for improvement. lol :roflmao: Just one of those strange deals that's kicking my ass right now.

My goal is to play loud and low on music that sounds really damn good with a 154/55 average for 30 seconds sealed up. I will always have a set up that plays good music first and gets loud second, so you wont ever see huge numbers from me or any of my set ups. If you want to see higher numbers look at the other two guys running these subs and burping off test tones, That should tell you what they can do if that's your goal. As for my personal goal, I will get there soon enough with what I have now and some time. Hell there are plenty of set ups SSA and others that can get stupid loud, I want to be different and sound excellent doing so. That's me and I am okay with that.

It is your vehicle. Whatever floats your but bud.

As for specs,

I would like to see TS specs too so I can test out new boxes, but I cant get SSA to share those with me either. I will get them when they are good and ready for me to see them, but crying like a little girl about things you have no control over proves what exactly?? Nothing, other than that little girl part. It's SSA's project and it's their company so you get info when they want you to have it. One of the perks of being the owner. I am ok with that personally as at least when SSA gives out info, you know it came from an excellent source with proper equipment to test.

I am not bugging about t/s specs. denim responded and cleared that up to me weeks ago. I admit to being very eager and antsy to wanting to know more about the ZCON. I do not understand the politics of not releasing tid bits of info such as some details of motor design or atleast differences between ZCON and XCON design. denim is remaining quiet and he gave his reasons why. I get it. I got it. I understand. And I am also choosing to buy products from another manufacturer that does develop their own product and is eager to release info. That is my viewpoint on this topic, my opinion. You don't like it then maybe you need to get your panties out of your ass.

:drink40:

I rather let two guys with well over 10 years of designing and building speakers/subs, than a company who release info every week about updating their design but doesn't actually touch the sub.

SSA's buildhouse can actually design a speaKer, go out to the machine shop and build a prototype. Then can test it fairly quickly and see what needs to be changed.

With other companies, they design the speaker on a computer, then has to wait a few months to receive a proto. So they end up talking instead of testing.

Your arguments are pointless, and your just trying to find any reason to talk shit.

eDUB, why not be a bit more positive with your posts? no matter the opinion, you can post them in a more intelligent manor that is less offensive....calling somebody a fanboy is a joke at best, you're over on the sundown forum praising them, cause what? u got to see some t/s specs....wow...jacob runs his company a bit differently, thats all. i like both....ill run whatever my ears enjoy...i plan on owning a sundown sub someday to compare with the xcon 18 ill be installing here shortly. but this crap is pointless and should stop, i dont enjoy calling anyone out but come on man. either be more polite about stuff or just stay out of it.

Someone mentioned the fact of different styles of running a brand. Much of how we do things is based largely on the size of our brand. We are not moving thousands or even hundreds of sub woofers, not even close. We are a boutique brand, in that our drivers are built to order here in the USA. In product development, we are pretty slow, and spend more time with the design/prototypes before releasing them then most. This is because we built for long life cycles of our products. The Icon has been holding strong for a long time with only subtle changes and updates since 2007. It is now going through its first major design change.

SSA FTW! I have NEVER dealt with a better company as far as customer service goes. That in itself would make me consider paying a little extra. SSA's subwoofers fill the gap between high SPL woofers and SQ woofers. I think the numbers that any of their woofers put up are quite impressive for the way they sound. I realize that there are other subwoofers that sound good and get loud, but I think Mark and Aaron put a lot of time testing both SPL and SQ of each of their woofers to make sure that they pass their own standards. This says a lot to me about how they run their company and it makes me want to keep coming back. They are very involved with their products, even though they may not design them.

I respect your opinion edub, but I can't seem to wrap my head around why you would come on to the company's forum and subsection just to bash a new woofer you have no experience with. I hope you find what you are looking for somewhere else.

Looking forward to the release of the Zcon's, hope they don't suck me in lol.

You honestly believe every company designs their woofer? You'd be quite surprised... Fi oems a lot of other companies woofers too.

Back on topic

Can't wait to hear some details!

You honestly believe every company designs their woofer? You'd be quite surprised... Fi oems a lot of other companies woofers too.

Back on topic

Can't wait to hear some details!

This was about to be my next post.

He just knows of one company who posts details about them designing subs, so he thinks they all do but SSA.

In my other post, I didn't mean SSA didn't have nothing to do with the designing part, just meant they didn't souly design it for various reasons. Which I can understand(and most others can too).

Ignorance will always reign, no matter how much information you put in front of them. :facepalm: