been waiting a while to get some 1/0 from knu just to get black 1/0 OFC. its been over a month and i can not wait any longer.

so what i was going to do is either go all CCA 1/0 or do i go with the power as OFC running from alt to rear of car and use the CCA as the grounds. or just go with another brand? is OFC that much better than CCA?

thanks for your assistance.

will be running dc power 270xp alt.

If it were me I would run all OFC so I would go with another brand, would you consider welding wire? It's black and works just as well

I prefer OFC vs. CCA.

Shok, Stinger, Kicker, RF all have Black.

weldingsupply.com

CCA is a joke played on car audio people who thick bigger is better....

Buy copper. Whatever the brand.

Welding cable !!!

From you local welding supply shop !!! They also have awesome connectors too ...

Cut your cables to length, take them back and them old welders can install Some of the best connectors ...

OFC for sure man, and welding cable is easy to get as well, but for sure use the OFC bro..

Here we go again. Lord.....

Do this, buy two runs of CCA in place of the one run of OFC for probably less money.

I have used knu CCA without any trouble.. i think it works just fine for a not so demanding install. Would i use it on a big install? no.. but for the price it did me just fine for a daily system in my commuter truck.

Do this, buy two runs of CCA in place of the one run of OFC for probably less money.

Or OFC welding cable, for the same price of CCA car audio cable.

I've heard a system ran almost completely off of CCA, it was 16 Infinity Reference 12's on two SAZ-3500's, and it worked just fine. CCA to me is just kinda sketchy, I'd rather spend a little extra on some fat 1/0ga OFC.

why cant you wait? if you're already spending all this money on your system, a couple months or whatever it takes to save the extra to run all OFC is worth it. I've got 2 runs of knu OFC in my van. have absolutely no need for it now, but later i will and probably actually need more. i'd say wait and do it right from the beginning rather than change things later you dont like.

why cant you wait? if you're already spending all this money on your system, a couple months or whatever it takes to save the extra to run all OFC is worth it. I've got 2 runs of knu OFC in my van. have absolutely no need for it now, but later i will and probably actually need more. i'd say wait and do it right from the beginning rather than change things later you dont like.

How is it worth it ? Audible difference ?

You prob won't hear a diff just stronger electrical. More power to the amp and stuff, but I'm not sure that's just what I would think.

It's not just a stronger electrical, it's better for your equipment to maintain voltage.

Still though, can't go wrong with welding cable. IMO it's better than car audio stuff in terms of durability and heat resistance.

Edited by beandip

CCA is a joke played on car audio people who thick bigger is better....

Buy copper. Whatever the brand.

Lol.

How is it worth it ? Audible difference ?

Exactly Adrian, there is no audible difference.

Ok, how about some measurable differences ? So some of us who use 'lesser' wire can see the benefit and it's clear that there are no audible differences.

I want to see exactly how the extra money helps me.

Statements like 'it's worth it' need to be backed up. And not by hearsay. I've had people into SQ tell me that my welding wire sounds worse than dedicated wire, without being able to back it up. Not even by talking, let alone some testing.

From what ive read, CCA can support up to 300 amps of current (depending on length) and pure copper wire can handle 350+ amps (of course depending on length). The CCA is good stuff I've used it with no problem, and Im also now using 2/0 of welding wire. Flexibility is about the same, however the welding cable is much easier to work with it since it is true Awg and not oversized to compensate for the lack of copper, Aka it fits into terminals/fuse blocks easier IMO.

From what ive read, CCA can support up to 300 amps of current (depending on length) and pure copper wire can handle 350+ amps (of course depending on length). The CCA is good stuff I've used it with no problem, and Im also now using 2/0 of welding wire. Flexibility is about the same, however the welding cable is much easier to work with it since it is true Awg and not oversized to compensate for the lack of copper, Aka it fits into terminals/fuse blocks easier IMO.

This.

CCA has to be oversized to be able to carry the same amount of current as Copper. That's just physics. Copper is a better conductor. Sure CCA wire can do the same job as OFC but there's a reason that OFC is more common than CCA. It's a better conductor period. If CCA was thought to be a true substitute for OFC then it would be just that, but instead it's a lesser product. It costs less, it's less effective. You may not HEAR the difference but does that mean it's there? I may not hear the difference between 140amps through 4 gauge and 180 amps through 0 gauge but does that mean the 0 gauge isn't better wire?

Not EVERYTHING boils down to "you won't hear a difference so it doesn't matter."

but if the only purpose for the wire, amps, speakers ect in the first place is for me too here something, wouldn't saying "it doesnt make a difference if i can't hear it" be accurate? For Big High current competition installs where u want the voltage to be as high as possible and get every single watt you can get in the quest to make the highest number on a computer screen, OFC is the obvious choice but for everyday listening system that would draw less than 200 amps the slight drop in voltage and rise in temp wouldnt hurt anything since you would be far from the stystem max current draw most of the time anyway so that leaves audible diffrence the only factor remaining.

A bodybuilder's diet mainly consists of chicken breasts, brown rice and green veggies (along with a lot of test,d-bol Hgh ect) if u just want a lil muscle on your frame and a 6 pack do you need to follow such a restrictive diet? NO because you aren't concerned with bieng at 3% body fat and bieng dehydrated to show off every striation on your muscles to beat the next guy.

Edited by rysc

Why would you do this?