Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Are the vape pens only for oils? I would assume the market would be there for leafy particulate as well. Curious what something like that would cost as cutting edge shit in a niche field always makes killer gifts IMO.

Well traded my V wagon on a 2012 F250 Lariat 4x4. Now time to get 8in lift and 22x12 American force wheels with 37in tires. :) much happier back in a big diesel. This thing is just as strong stock as my modded 07 was. Very happy to make that trade. Got this one for 45k and it's like new with 13k miles on it.

This is what she will look like. Mine is the same color also

9e5c387c01bc88cd9c6523f2acd462fd_zps8a28

Sweet truck!

fucking swift are you getting a truck now?

Seeing all these winter weather stories lately made these local weather warnings just that more hilarious

...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST
MONDAY MORNING...

...HARD FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH
MONDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HOUSTON/GALVESTON HAS ISSUED A
HARD FREEZE WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.

* EVENT...GUSTY NORTH WINDS WILL DEVELOP IN THE WAKE OF A COLD
FRONT THAT WILL SWEEP THROUGH THE AREA STARTING JUST AROUND
SUNRISE SUNDAY WITH SUSTAINED WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.

AN ARCTIC AIRMASS WILL PLUNGE SOUTHWARDS TONIGHT AND MAKE
IT THROUGH SOUTHEAST TEXAS SUNDAY MORNING. BEHIND THE FRONT
TEMPERATURES WILL BE DROPPING OR HOLDING STEADY THROUGH THE DAY
SUNDAY. AS THE SUNSETS TEMPERATURES WILL QUICKLY DROP.
TEMPERATURES BELOW 25 DEGREES WILL BE LIKELY NORTH OF INTERSTATE
10. FREEZING TEMPERATURES WILL BE LIKELY ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA
WITH THE DURATION OF THE FREEZE IN THE 9 TO 12 HOUR RANGE.

* TIMING...9 AM THROUGH 12 AM MONDAY MORNING.

TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO FALL BELOW FREEZING NORTH
OF INTERSTATE 10 BY 10 PM SUNDAY NIGHT. 9 TO 12 HOURS OF
TEMPERATURES BELOW 32 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED WITH 3 TO 5 HOURS OF
TEMPERATURES BELOW 25 DEGREES.

Yep already bought it. 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel. Thing is so nice and stout. It looks just like the one pictured without the wheels and lift. I will get some pics tomorrow.

Awesome looking truck swift. Get some stacks :P

Seeing all these winter weather stories lately made these local weather warnings just that more hilarious

That's pretty hilarious.

It's going to be -4 F on Tuesday here. That's the high for the day..... Add 23mph winds and it's going to be cold as hell. Not looking forward to it. We also got about 5-6 inches of snow the other night along with high winds. Roads were terrible.

Currently it's like 70F and muggy outside, to boot.

Yep already bought it. 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel. Thing is so nice and stout. It looks just like the one pictured without the wheels and lift. I will get some pics tomorrow.

so im guessing you never gave funds for the G?

I wish it was that warm here. I'm tired of warming up my jeep every morning before work. My heat barely works since I had to remove the thermostat from the engine.

It's not as enjoyable listening to my system when it's cold.

It's supposed to be -60 windchill here tomorrow and/or day after.

Should be +65 here lol. I am hating this warm winter here, but you can keep the negative numbers.

Are the vape pens only for oils? I would assume the market would be there for leafy particulate as well. Curious what something like that would cost as cutting edge shit in a niche field always makes killer gifts IMO.

No, there are dry material vaporizer pens. But I can't smoke weed. It just makes me paranoid. I honestly can't explain why the dabs don't affect me the same, but they don't.

Man fuck I think I have the stomach flu. I feel like I'm dying lol. The toilet has become my best friend these last two days

I wish it was that warm here. I'm tired of warming up my jeep every morning before work. My heat barely works since I had to remove the thermostat from the engine.

Your thermostat is there for a reason. Put it back in, you'll thank me.

Yeah, why the fuck do I miss living up north?

Should be +65 here lol. I am hating this warm winter here, but you can keep the negative numbers.

Dude, my first winter in San Diego was awesome. I called all my friends in B-lo and they were getting snow. I told them we had a foot of sunshine. The next year it started to get depressing. By the third year it was downright miserable. It didn't feel like the holiday season to me. No fall, and changing of the leaves. No spring, where everything budded and was so lush and vibrant.

That is actually one reason I left SoCal. I mean, fuck going back to Buffalo, but NC offers me 3 seasons or so, with maybe a little bit of snow now and again.

Man fuck I think I have the stomach flu. I feel like I'm dying lol. The toilet has become my best friend these last two days

I had the trots all day yesterday. I feel you.

I had the trots all day yesterday. I feel you.

Seems like it's going around. Not sure if it's mostly transferable but it sucks I at least get it but once a year.

Yeah, why the fuck do I miss living up north?

Dude, my first winter in San Diego was awesome. I called all my friends in B-lo and they were getting snow. I told them we had a foot of sunshine. The next year it started to get depressing. By the third year it was downright miserable. It didn't feel like the holiday season to me. No fall, and changing of the leaves. No spring, where everything budded and was so lush and vibrant.

That is actually one reason I left SoCal. I mean, fuck going back to Buffalo, but NC offers me 3 seasons or so, with maybe a little bit of snow now and again.

Same here this was my first thanksgiving and Christmas out here and it just felt downright weird. Especially since October and December are some if the warmest months out here.

Can't really complain though nothing like being able to go to the beach in December or work on your car year round.

I took the thermostat out for cooling reasons. Not so much a problem during winter, but during summertime my engine will overheat with a thermostat installed. To much rust build up (yes, It's been flushed many times) and the thermostat always ends up breaking and doesn't open to let coolant through.

The cooling system on my 1989 jeep is a terrible design that uses an overflow tank. Without completely redoing the cooling system, taking out the thermostat resolves any overheating issues and costs me nothing.

I still have heat... it just takes a long time to warm up and never gets that warm. Enough to defrost the windows so I'll live with it.

Edited by hatrix

I gathered that. The design isn't terrible, in fact it is an extremely common design right now. Most manufacturers are going this route. The only difference between the surge tank system and a common overflow design is that the surge system is designed to allow for small air pockets to remain in the system without causing overheating issues while the common overflow can be encumbered if the air pocket reaches the radiator cap. The corrosion in the system isn't due to a poor design or any manufacturing flaw, it is simply shitty maintenance. You MUST flush your cooling system as recommended by Jeep every 36,000 miles. There is something about how Chrysler seasons the 4.0 block from the mid 90s onward that makes it prone to corrosion if not properly maintained. Ford 3.0 OHV engines are even worse.

I would suggest that you flush the system thoroughly several times with just water until it comes out completely clear, replace your radiator AND THERMOSTAT, and use 2 bottles of Napa's #13. Flush it before installing the new radiator. You may also want to consider adding a silver anode to aid in corrosion prevention.

And yes, I fix cars for a living.

What do you do with that thing?

If this is directed at me.... Smoke. It is a water pipe. Smoking medium ? Up to your imagination tongue.png

Yes, I don't get out much. So when things like that are posted I am curious. How would you smoke that?

Pack desired herbs into the bowl head, burn it and fill it up with some milky smoke (obviously sucking in air), pull out the bowl head from the stemless "down steam" (there isn't really a downstem, the stemless design is usually found on higher end tubes and allows for more complex perc systems), then just clear the chamber.

It is meant to be hit while sitting on a flat surface, straight up and down, as are most stemless designs.

Here is two vids of it:

Ok I understand now, they use them in some og the Star Wars movies.

I gathered that. The design isn't terrible, in fact it is an extremely common design right now. Most manufacturers are going this route. The only difference between the surge tank system and a common overflow design is that the surge system is designed to allow for small air pockets to remain in the system without causing overheating issues while the common overflow can be encumbered if the air pocket reaches the radiator cap. The corrosion in the system isn't due to a poor design or any manufacturing flaw, it is simply shitty maintenance. You MUST flush your cooling system as recommended by Jeep every 36,000 miles. There is something about how Chrysler seasons the 4.0 block from the mid 90s onward that makes it prone to corrosion if not properly maintained. Ford 3.0 OHV engines are even worse.

I would suggest that you flush the system thoroughly several times with just water until it comes out completely clear, replace your radiator AND THERMOSTAT, and use 2 bottles of Napa's #13. Flush it before installing the new radiator. You may also want to consider adding a silver anode to aid in corrosion prevention.

And yes, I fix cars for a living.

I just put a new thremostat in the Beetle Friday and have been having fun in that thing.