Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Didn't mean to pick on Mazda Aaron, but truly there are NO winners anymore.

I am pretty much scared by anything imported these days. Seeing the corner cutting at Toyota, Honda and Subbie makes me sick.

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM. But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection. As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore. I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other. But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes. I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes. My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

I've always been a BM'er guy, but appreciated the Benz lineup. Mercedes is the LAST manufacturer I'd buy anything from now though. Fuck me.

...and they are my first pick. You are way to scared of German cars for some reason. I have had zero issues in over 5 years. The family that bought my S class after the lease has had zero issues as well.

I'm cheap. I buy shit that doesn't break so that when it is ready to I sell it. Fuck throwing money away.

Some reason is logical. My AMG would have been a fucking nightmare financially if I didn't have a certified warranty. Perhaps if you drive like grandpa the new ones are okay, but the little spot on the floor under the accelerator is worn out on all of my cars.

I don't trust a GM at all. I've had complete shit luck with them....but I feel WAY better owning one than their Benz counterpart.

Mine just flipped 100k miles. I have absolutely no fear of anything. Seeing 60k on my AMG made my heart race as shit started to implode.

It doesn't help that I am privy to engineering for all of them either. The germans are progressive where they should be conservative. The japanese are boring and cost concious to a fault and the 'mericans are all over the board.

Wait for the DI failure $$$ on the Benz's to start becoming mainstream. It's going to be ugly.

I know you guys from up north will probably laugh..But hear is some pics of the 96' that has a icicle probably 3 feet long...Very rare in my part of the woods..lol

I'm ready to laugh. Still waiting for mullet pics. tongue.png

I know you guys from up north will probably laugh..But hear is some pics of the 96' that has a icicle probably 3 feet long...Very rare in my part of the woods..lol

I'm ready to laugh. Still waiting for mullet pics. tongue.png

That is just wrong!!...lol

Not really, I almost bought one once and fit the bill tongue.png

One of my best friends had a CL for a while. That thing was the biggest POS car EVER made. He owned it for a year and it wasn't in the shop for less than a month. My uncles buddies SLS has also been a demon. He'd rather put miles on a Ferrari which he has to ship to Chicago for service, lol.

Not really, I almost bought one once and fit the bill tongue.png

Camaro?

I was selling them :P

Don't make me post some tractor pics with snow..lol

Didn't mean to pick on Mazda Aaron, but truly there are NO winners anymore.

I am pretty much scared by anything imported these days. Seeing the corner cutting at Toyota, Honda and Subbie makes me sick.

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM. But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection. As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore. I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other. But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes. I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes. My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

I've always been a BM'er guy, but appreciated the Benz lineup. Mercedes is the LAST manufacturer I'd buy anything from now though. Fuck me.

...and they are my first pick. You are way to scared of German cars for some reason. I have had zero issues in over 5 years. The family that bought my S class after the lease has had zero issues as well.

Have you owned a Mercedes or BMW that's not over 10 years old?

Last summer I sold one that was 20 years old.

I will agree somewhat on the DI because of the lack of customer knowledge and lack of manufacturers providing information to customers about maintenance.

Direct Injection has been around forever, I dont know why it took so long to being used mainstream like it is now. I forgot what year but I know one of the original 300SLs used direct injection.

Mechanics hate DI.

It uses more expensive parts. nd no one cared(read the US) didn't care about MPG.

If they did they would sell diesels here. Of course the tree hugging dipshits need to stop pushing to have the diesel price so fucking high.

Up on the farm pap has a collection of panel wagons and vans, sad to say they are all rotted out.

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4880728324.html

I am going to look at this one tomorrow!! The owner is close friend. First thing he says when I call him Is "you're killing me", because he knows he will give me a smoking deal. biggrin.png

If they did they would sell diesels here. Of course the tree hugging dipshits need to stop pushing to have the diesel price so fucking high.

For real.

I loose my ever loving mind when I talk to someone about "green" cars.

The answer is diesel. Clean and high MPG diesel.

Boggles my mind.

"But but but the prius......"

:Puts gun in mouth and makes sure exit trajectory is aimed at their head too:

Mechanics hate DI.

It uses more expensive parts. nd no one cared(read the US) didn't care about MPG.

They do require a lot more maintanence then regular fuel injection.

Up on the farm pap has a collection of panel wagons and vans, sad to say they are all rotted out.

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4880728324.html

I am going to look at this one tomorrow!! The owner is close friend. First thing he says when I call him Is "you're killing me", because he knows he will give me a smoking deal. biggrin.png

Nice, that would be a fun project.

So I could not have picked a worse time to buy a hot tub. All efficiency rating are based on 32f not negative temps.  

For real.

I loose my ever loving mind when I talk to someone about "green" cars.

The answer is diesel. Clean and high MPG diesel.

Boggles my mind.

"But but but the prius......"

:Puts gun in mouth and makes sure exit trajectory is aimed at their head too:

Amen!

It kills me how they tax diesel and make it more expensive. It's cheaper and easier to make diesel versus reining petrol, safer to store and transport, etc, yet it's more expensive.

I love the hippy move to electric and how "clean" it is, yet nobody mentions the toxicity of the battery plants.