Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Is there a cost effective way to be rid of the chrome or turn it into black chrome? If it was truly rid, then I'd have to leave some.

2011-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg

Plastidip isn't a long term enough solution.

Vinyl or translucent black paint and clear coat.  I don't know what you consider cost-effective though.

Paint was my thought as well. Any estimates? Is that $500, $1000???

If you are doing it yourself, I'd imagine $350 given you have spray equipment.    Duplicolor has a DIY kit, but I have no experience with it.

$350 if I do it = $1000 if I pay someone?

Didn't mean to pick on Mazda Aaron, but truly there are NO winners anymore.

I am pretty much scared by anything imported these days. Seeing the corner cutting at Toyota, Honda and Subbie makes me sick.

And you all know how scared I am of German. Their design might be the best from a purely functional standpoint but the further we get from the war the worse the serviceability of it is.

Dudes be nuts trying to catch their sled after wiping out on the hill climb! 

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Sean murdered out the Caddy.

3 of mine are corroded and leaking

That seems awful early.

Ha, typical GM crap bullshit. Expected failure is near 100% here by year 5 according to the local tire shop. I don't doubt it after seeing the mess on the inside. This is also on a truck that shows NO rust on its underside and is kept clean. Clean for here anyways.

That is just unacceptable.  That's the American way, make it cheap and disposable.  I feel like I am reminded bi-weekly why I cannot spend my own money on a GM product.

Don't just blame the 'mericans. ALL manufacturers do this shit now. I work with all of them. GM engineering is way more progressive and thorough than Mazda....

The real problem are the marketing idiots. The specify price points that cause corner cutting. Fuckers.

They better be 3 fucking light years ahead of Mazda after all the bullshit.  For a moment I considered a used manual Regal and just correctly badging it to Opel. 

I just got a squat rack and bench from hoist.

Amex felt that.

The rack is only rated to 600 lbs tho...

Hommie hook up. Negotiated the Fuck out of an onctane elliptical last year before Europe.

He came in for a deal on a tempurpedic and I blew his fucking hair back.

So I went in and dropped $1200 after tax on $1400 pre tax. And insurance coverers $800 of it.

Doctor gave me a z pack..and a antibiotic pack..I just ate a big ass lunch and im already hungry again..

Dudes be nuts trying to catch their sled after wiping out on the hill climb!

I want the side judge job of trying to catch them lol. When they hit the net holy shit!

I am pretty much scared by anything imported these days. Seeing the corner cutting at Toyota, Honda and Subbie makes me sick.

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM.  But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection.  As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore.  I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other.  But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes.  I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes.  My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

Up on the farm pap has a collection of panel wagons and vans, sad to say they are all rotted out.

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM.  But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection.  As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore.  I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other.  But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes.  I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes.  My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

My recent test drives of late have found new vehicles to be limited in "feel".  Damn electronic everything. 

When I told the salesman the other day that I didn't want the navigation/back up camera screen and ball massagers, he looked at me like I was a retard.

I'm excited. It's hard to get to the gym.

Have fun Matt, anything is better than nothing. :)

My recent test drives of late have found new vehicles to be limited in "feel".  Damn electronic everything. 

When I told the salesman the other day that I didn't want the navigation/back up camera screen and ball massagers, he looked at me like I was a retard.

I spent a bunch of time working on the electric motor assist belt drive for power steering to pull the road away from the passenger. Nooooooooooooooo!

I've always been a BM'er guy, but appreciated the Benz lineup. Mercedes is the LAST manufacturer I'd buy anything from now though. Fuck me.

nvm beat me to it 

Edited by lithium

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM. But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection. As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore. I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other. But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes. I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes. My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

I've always been a BM'er guy, but appreciated the Benz lineup. Mercedes is the LAST manufacturer I'd buy anything from now though. Fuck me.

...and they are my first pick. You are way to scared of German cars for some reason. I have had zero issues in over 5 years. The family that bought my S class after the lease has had zero issues as well.

Was it Mazda that is coming out with the 550+ horsepower electric car? I seen a add a while back I might be thinking of something else.I believe it had 3 motors..Idk

I'm excited. It's hard to get to the gym.

Have fun Matt, anything is better than nothing. :)

Yup!

I often want to work out at night or in the AM, and a trip to the gym adds so much time and hassle.

1 hour workout turns into 2.25 hours and 3 if I soak and sauna.

Oh no, not at all, a little Japanese manufacturor with a very limited line up, should be getting its doors blown off by GM. But yet, so much of GM seems to be filled with recalls and outsourcing now and little ole' Mazda is making lots of forward progress in their limited models selection. As for new vehicles, I don't even consider them anymore. I have been a Mercedes person from day one, through the years in the family, there have been far more Mercedes than any other. But, to clarify that, they are all older "don't make 'em like the used to" Mercedes. I am a bit spooked by the amount of complexity of new Mercedes. My Mazda bias is due a lot to their simplicity and lack of shit to go wrong, making them reliable and easy to work on/modify.

...and they are my first pick. You are way to scared of German cars for some reason. I have had zero issues in over 5 years. The family that bought my S class after the lease has had zero issues as well.

I'm going to have to say that you got easily the best German car made in the last decade. Your model of S class is one of the BEST cars to ever roll off the lot.

The rest of the current Benz line up is a bit different. AMG is slipping. The NA engine was pure sex, but they have fucked more trannys than the v10 from the E60 m5.

And it's not a clutch, it's the whole shooting match going up in flames.

I know you guys from up north will probably laugh..But hear is some pics of the 96' that has a icicle probably 3 feet long...Very rare in my part of the woods..lol

smile.png

">http://20150219_191350_zps6y9qzion.jpg

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/20150219_191359_zpsblscaiyx.jpg.html'>20150219_191359_zpsblscaiyx.jpg

Have you owned a Mercedes or BMW that's not over 10 years old?