Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So, my truck died twice last month and a brought into a repair shop, 1st time they said.it was the anti theft wire that was corroded and fixed it, second time it died the same way and would not start up again, they told me this time it was a plate on the distributor that was spinning that wasnt suppose to move. Long story short i dont know any good mechanic shops around and after putting 500$ in my truck last month and having it die and not start up the same exact way, i no dont trust them either, in fact when got my truck back they left a vacuum line off.

The problem im having now is when the A/C is on and the truck comes to a stop it feels like its going to die, also im not certain but it feels like my 1998 chevy s10 doesnt have as much power with the A/C on like it did before... I dont know a lot about automotive but I am thinking it might be a vacuum leak, or hose thats off... any ideas? Thanks

Edited by Stephen93s10

In other news, there is a Japanese game show where a chick gives you a handy while you sing karaoke. If you falter you loose..... But you still got a handy. . So I don't really know if you loose.

Jared is the car still numbers matching? If not I would consider a crate.

J

I love the questions though. You made me break out my Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine book and do some reading.

You make me want to ask that you send me that book, lol.

That is half of it J.

The other half is not needing the bowl. Just crack with one hand and open into the other.

Easy peasey.

And if you don't need the whites do it over a garbage can

New task to learn.

J

They make plastic egg separators which keep your hands clean, but it is really amazing what you can do with your fingers.  If you are doing a bunch and don't mind two dirty hands it is even faster to toss the yolk between your hands but also unnecessary.

You may be in Colorado if it is dumping snow right now

For the first time this year I am NOT jealous of that statement.  Don't get me wrong, I'd hit it.

Nice extension btw.

Parley, as with a lot of things, adds a subtle and distinct flavor. If the dish is already loaded with other flavor profiles, don't waste the parsley.

A small shift in recipe will be noticeable, and perhaps memorable. smile.png

Is it just me Sean, I can see the first statement being an extension of the system.

"Energy" (money, time,etc), as with a lot of things, adds a subtle and distinct flavor (to life or whatever), if the dish (whatever your working on) is already loaded with other flavor profiles, don't waste your parsley.

In other works don't fix it if it isn't broken. Conserve your energy (money,time)until it matters!

Maybe a law for the economics theroy. We chase our tails sometimes, that's for sure. Is akin to taking a long ass road around a mountian, to get 5 ft in front of yourself. Either way you are getting there, just the most direct path is less exhausting. smile.png

The concept is; Why does one over think (and over spend) on things when working on one's own stuff. One should not over think, but apply the logic one already uses. 

And everyone here in the hop is guilty.  Bunch of overthinkers. :P

J

Who cares, just keep the stock one....

J

It's a small block coupe. Very little cocollectibility. Hell, he wants to paint it purple, so I'm sure he's not concerned about it.

Curious if you found an updated formula that had units that worked as well...

$35 chime retention gavme chimes and rap power and constant power....speaking of overthinking

And J, your carb isn't too small.

Your heads are.  Build them before doing anything with the carb.  Might be that an intake away from the carb being too small.

Thinking about a fuellie, the equation has to include Volumetric Efficiency.  If it doesn't it isn't right.

I guess what I am saying is that I'd start with a long term HP goal before doing anything other than troubleshooting.  It may drastically change what is of value right now.  :)

I guess what I am saying is that I'd start with a long term HP goal before doing anything other than troubleshooting. It may drastically change what is of value right now. :)

Honestly the car ran pretty damn good with the edelbrock 600 on there. So I know just a smaller carb is not a bad route. No it won't be "perfect", but will get some time in behind the wheel to decide. Same as audio, change as little about the fucked up situation as possible until a strong understanding , and hp goal is reached. Idfk

Sean did you get your tires yet?

Anyone mechanically inclined have a suggestion to my previous post?

Workplace harassment training!!!!!

Woopwoop!

So fun!

Is it sexual assault on Mikey's part if someone walks in on him tea bagging the sink?

I only got caught once and nothing was ever said about it till now..Was a restroom so I had every right to do this..Actually he was in the wrong for looking at my stuff,that is why I assume nothing was ever said wink.png

gta 5 is putting a beating on my pc. time for a cpu/mobo upgrade i think

really trying to wait for the new architecture from intel 

I have me a whole weekend off!! Going to look at a T-type motor I need seth for this sad.png

mikel7829 build is fixing to come....It will be sexy! And blow your mind I can do this!! I promise bros!!

Will earn my respect.....

Anyone mechanically inclined have a suggestion to my previous post?

Without hands on it is just a guess.

So, my truck died twice last month and a brought into a repair shop, 1st time they said.it was the anti theft wire that was corroded and fixed it, second time it died the same way and would not start up again, they told me this time it was a plate on the distributor that was spinning that wasnt suppose to move. Long story short i dont know any good mechanic shops around and after putting 500$ in my truck last month and having it die and not start up the same exact way, i no dont trust them either, in fact when got my truck back they left a vacuum line off.

The problem im having now is when the A/C is on and the truck comes to a stop it feels like its going to die, also im not certain but it feels like my 1998 chevy s10 doesnt have as much power with the A/C on like it did before... I dont know a lot about automotive but I am thinking it might be a vacuum leak, or hose thats off... any ideas? Thanks

I am guessing something to do with the a/c compressor clutch. If shutting off the a/c solves the problem, you should be close to a diagnosis. When was your last tune up? How many miles on the motor/truck (if different)?