Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Or hell he could do 2 18's

J

Looks like AccuWave metered competitions are going to be the season starters this year. 2 competitions at the same time, at one we'll be using the new competition application. 

No glitches. :D

I dont think I can, max dimensions are 14" deep, 46" wide, and 22" high... i really didnt want to buy used, but throw some options out that i could have picked for new equipment and get the same or better results.

jroadtatts15dcon-1-1.jpg

jroadtatts15dcon-2-1.jpg

jroadtatts15dcon-3.jpg

jroadtatts15dcon-cutsheet.jpg

A properly designed enclosure for a DCON 15". This setup is cleaner and deeper sounding than ANY prefab box with a set of 12"s. This sub see's every thing from Otis Redding to Too Short. All the metal and rock you can feed it, and of course country too. smile.png

Sub=$200

400 watt amp=200

wood,screws, paint/carpet and glue=$100

Pride and self respect in using an American sub, SUPER Efficient by design of the driver AND the enclosure alignment. Self esteem from building your own box. All priceless!!

Another test for vacuum leaks other than propane or carb cleaner method is. You can run water over the intake, just not the air inlet of course. DOH. The water will not hurt the inside of the motor. If anything will knock some carbon build up off from the cold hitting it. But you will hear the engine bog when it pulls the water in. 

Did you ever get the codes pulled?

No, been busy with school and a shitty job, saturday im going to stop by kragen O'Reilly and borrow a meter.

What program is that you used to design the enclosure?

Google sketch up iirc.

No, been busy with school and a shitty job, saturday im going to stop by kragen O'Reilly and borrow a meter.

Cool. If you hadn't noticed, I purchased a manual for the OBDII and posted a pic. Once you have the codes I can walk you through the tests needed. Would most likely be easiest over the phone btw.

Bodywork guy is on standby, I should've had the fenders, bumpers, interior and assorted shit from under the hood out by now but we pushed on hard with a new application for the meters.

I'll probably take Monday off, strip the Miata and trailer it to him so he can get started.

I think you are winning at this point. :D

I have a list of mechanical stuff I need to do. Four vehicles and they all need something. So I came up with a brilliant plan. I have an awesome mechanic that I met about 10 years ago when he was doing the warranty work on my Nissan. He has worked Audi Nissan Honda Chevy Dodge and probably more that I am unaware of. I usually just buy the parts and trade him either tattoos or weed for the labor. Also have bought and installed equipment in his truck as payment. So my brilliant idea is since he wants to buy my ATVs that I have not used in two years. I will suggest trading half for parts and half for the labor. I generally have a two year rule on something, if I do not use it in two years, i get rid of it. This year The wife and I will be doing a lot of mountain biking. Once I want to Atv again I will probably buy a side-by-side. BAM! I think that might work. :D

Would also hope to get enough for a body work deductible, windshield replaced and a professional detailing on the Xterra.

Ivy is flying out of Denver to Florida tomorrow. Is thier reward for winning state Deca. Bet the weather is perfect down there J! Wish I was going with her, would swing by and say hi. :)

You know you work too many fucking hours when you're up at one in the morning having your personal time. Just saying

I have a list of mechanical stuff I need to do. Four vehicles and they all need something. So I came up with a brilliant plan. I have an awesome mechanic that I met about 10 years ago when he was doing the warranty work on my Nissan. He has worked Audi Nissan Honda Chevy Dodge and probably more that I am unaware of. I usually just buy the parts and trade him either tattoos or weed for the labor. Also have bought and installed equipment in his truck as payment. So my brilliant idea is since he wants to buy my ATVs that I have not used in two years. I will suggest trading half for parts and half for the labor. I generally have a two year rule on something, if I do not use it in two years, i get rid of it. This year The wife and I will be doing a lot of mountain biking. Once I want to Atv again I will probably buy a side-by-side. BAM! I think that might work. biggrin.png

I like that plan. 

And it reminds me, I haven't used my moped in forever, I need to clean it up and sell it. 

Bodywork guy is on standby, I should've had the fenders, bumpers, interior and assorted shit from under the hood out by now but we pushed on hard with a new application for the meters.

I'll probably take Monday off, strip the Miata and trailer it to him so he can get started.

I think you are winning at this point. biggrin.png

Not sure how long it will take the bodywork guy to finish. 

Just when summer starts I take my convertible off the road. Sure looks like good timing :lol: 

Looks like AccuWave metered competitions are going to be the season starters this year. 2 competitions at the same time, at one we'll be using the new competition application. 

No glitches. biggrin.png

Fingers and toes crossed. 

Bought my 1st subs today, but now im second guessing myself. I bought 2 kicker L7 12s and a rockford fosgate prime 1200 all new for 730$. My friend has a L7 12, it gets loud for what it is but his is in a prefab ported box and sounds like ass. Given a good enclosure do you guys think it would be possible to get them sounding good?

I really wanted a new car.  Was looking for a 2 door sports couple of sorts that rips.  Got a great deal today.  Bought a minivan.  How did I do?  Will it be possible to make it rip?

The bigger problem in buying is that you ALWAYS,ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS need to design your enclosure before even looking at drivers.

Doing it the other way around is absolutely idiotic.  Return them now.  Would be better to pay $100 for the exact same shit later knowing it is right than to save the $100 now.

I have an L7 as well I forgot when you asked about used drivers.  It is currently part of my garage stereo.

And, no, your choice for tuning isn't what I'd do for an L7.

Either way, return it.  Spend some time designing a box as it is really easy math.  Model different subs in the box you can actually build and THEN spend money.

The advice in your space of a single driver is good though.  Always cheaper to use less drivers for a given space if you can make it work.

Ok, what would your choice of tuning be?

Edited by Stephen93s10

That is irrelevant.  Didn't you read anything else I typed?

I have had several of his cards in not so mint condition....But I would give my left nut for this 1954 card with the Milwaukee braves for fair or even in poor condition smile.png

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hank-aaron-hits-first-home-run-of-his-mlb-career

Don't think I have any Hank Aaron I have an old Willie Mays IIRC