Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I got some of my seeds for my garden in..Need help with advice for germination"sure I can google it"but was going to see if anybody had any "tips or tricks"

Seeds I have..

Peaches and cream sweet corn 50 seeds

Clemson spineless okra 100 seeds

Blue lake green beans 60 seeds

Early Jalapeno 100 seeds

Golden Zucchini 25 seeds

Waltham butternut squash 30 seeds

I know the corn,okra,and green beans last year I just planted the seeds in the garden and they did well,but I suspect these others I need to germinate and transfer..

Also they sent me some Italian large leaf basil for whatever reason huh2.gif  I assume with those I just sow like as turnip greens,ect.

Some of these I have planted by the seeds before without germination with good results,such as the green beans ,corn,and okra.

I use two methods of germination. Some get started indoors,in trays, and then transplanted. Some veggies, such as carrots MUST be started in the ground. So this is where the second method I use comes in. I plastic over the garden beds after seediing. The reason for the plastic is two fold. First it keeps the birds from eating the seed. They will dig the seeds right out of the ground. Second it keeps the temps up, which may not be an issue for you. Seeds and seedlings, like 70-90 percent humidity (think jungle) and will thrive if the conditions are ideal. 

Everything on your list I personally start in trays.  The corn is not necessary to start this way but, I like to have my garden laid out. I transplant the corn almost right after it sprouts. This allows proper spacing upon planting. You may find interest in the three sisters method, which is plant the beans at the base of the corn, they use the corn as a lattice, the third sister is the squash or zucchini, which you plant around the base. Look it up if confused.

Give me a minute and I will grab you some pics.

Will miracle grow potting soil be okay to start the trays?

OMG please NO.

I got some of my seeds for my garden in..Need help with advice for germination"sure I can google it"but was going to see if anybody had any "tips or tricks"

Seeds I have..

Early Jalapeno 100 seeds

Golden Zucchini 25 seeds

I know the corn,okra,and green beans last year I just planted the seeds in the garden and they did well,but I suspect these others I need to germinate and transfer..

Also they sent me some Italian large leaf basil for whatever reason huh2.gif  I assume with those I just sow like as turnip greens,ect.

Some of these I have planted by the seeds before without germination with good results,such as the green beans ,corn,and okra.

I use two methods of germination. Some get started indoors,in trays, and then transplanted. Some veggies, such as carrots MUST be started in the ground. So this is where the second method I use comes in. I plastic over the garden beds after seediing. The reason for the plastic is two fold. First it keeps the birds from eating the seed. They will dig the seeds right out of the ground. Second it keeps the temps up, which may not be an issue for you. Seeds and seedlings, like 70-90 percent humidity (think jungle) and will thrive if the conditions are ideal. 

Everything on your list I personally start in trays.  The corn is not necessary to start this way but, I like to have my garden laid out. I transplant the corn almost right after it sprouts. This allows proper spacing upon planting. You may find interest in the three sisters method, which is plant the beans at the base of the corn, they use the corn as a lattice, the third sister is the squash or zucchini, which you plant around the base. Look it up if confused.

OMG please NO.

Suggestions please.

Sean, you had asked how ppl sort and organize their stuff while they are working in the garage. I didn't get a chance to respond then but had some input. My favorites are the tool box trays. I use them when doing a procedure on both sides. Say wheel bearings. I can have the new parts in one slot, and old parts in another, and a tray for both sides. Other fav's are the half rack trays, great for rebuilding stuff, like carburetors. Can layout the new parts on one tray and dismantle on another. Once the old part is pulled out you can tranfer the new part to a spot on the other tray. This way the parts not needed in a kit wont confuse you. Other wise I buy the holiday tuperware at target after the holidays. Usually can be had for pennys on the dollar at that point. Great for sorting Lego btw. smile.png

10314739_872564412807346_274117859162201

11169955_872564399474014_533331284560188

11139003_872564402807347_600769855584214

Are you doing the engine work yourself on the Caddy?

I think I saw my router !angry2.gif

Sean, you had asked how ppl sort and organize their stuff while they are working in the garage. I didn't get a chance to respond then but had some input. My favorites are the tool box trays. I use them when doing a procedure on both sides. Say wheel bearings. I can have the new parts in one slot, and old parts in another, and a tray for both sides. Other fav's are the half rack trays, great for rebuilding stuff, like carburetors. Can layout the new parts on one tray and dismantle on another. Once the old part is pulled out you can tranfer the new part to a spot on the other tray. This way the parts not needed in a kit wont confuse you. Other wise I buy the holiday tuperware at target after the holidays. Usually can be had for pennys on the dollar at that point. Great for sorting Lego btw. smile.png

I think I saw my router !angry2.gif

Its right under that bench. hehe

Does not look cold or off line penetrated well..All in one pass or did you pulse or pull away much ?
All in one pass... no, running amps around 140 on a miller dynasty 350, 12 seconds of postflow and i was using the laying filler metal technique.I couldnt tell if your trying to tell me my weld looks good or like shit lol.
I deal with Lincoln welders everyday mostly migs..And have to deal with teaching Motoman robots jobs as well daily.. And as well many others..

Argon and Co2mix..

Will provide some pics monday smile.png
Monday ill run a mixed gas bead with mig and post it also

Gonna have to postpone my welds till Wednesday, got jury duty monday at 8 am. FUCK!

??? You're in school right?

Does not look cold or off line penetrated well..All in one pass or did you pulse or pull away much ?
All in one pass... no, running amps around 140 on a miller dynasty 350, 12 seconds of postflow and i was using the laying filler metal technique.I couldnt tell if your trying to tell me my weld looks good or like shit lol.
I deal with Lincoln welders everyday mostly migs..And have to deal with teaching Motoman robots jobs as well daily.. And as well many others..

Argon and Co2mix..

Gonna have to postpone my welds till Wednesday, got jury duty monday at 8 am. FUCK!

I get a summons every year and it never seems to show up in my mailbox. ughdunno.gif

Seeds I have..

Early Jalapeno 100 seeds

Golden Zucchini 25 seeds

OMG please NO.

Suggestions please.

I use happy frog brand potting soil. Really you just want a soil that contains microbes and/or humic acid. Plants DO NOT absorb anything from the soil. Plants absorb nutrients chelated to a carbon atom released from the microbes. The microbes breakdown the soil and release the plants food with a simple carbon atom. Is the ONLY way a plant absorbs its food through the root hairs. Yes the plant eats through the leafs also, this is where C02 comes in, as they want the carbon atom. 

So a soil should be rich in nutrients (charged) and already activated (microbes). Miracle Grow contains about a month at best of charge, and little to no microbes to active it. What little charge is there, would take a month to start decomposing and become activated. Don't waste your money if you go that route, just find some dark soil on your property and harvest enough to get your seeds started.

Put it this way, In hydro the grow median is perlite, rockwool and/or hydroton clay pellets. All these are sterile, due to manufacturing, Neither contain any nutritional value or microbes. The grower is in complete control from there and adds the minerals and microbes to manipulate the plants growth.

11112459_873778886019232_514917820784507

11156341_873778896019231_308629144730044

I dont think I showed you guys my new t-shirt I designed.

11182189_873759519354502_449788003709826

And J, i hadn't forgot about you. Will get your package out soon, just been a tight month.

Nice Jared plus it seems you have quite the green thumb, but I think you may have out grown your play set. 

Nice Jared plus it seems you have quite the green thumb, but I think you may have out grown your play set. 

The veggies are ALL the wifes work, I can not take credit. I will pass the compliment on to her though. I do all the mechanical/building side of things. As far as the play set, I have a little buddy I am planning on giving it to. smile.png

What I have started already,due to all the rain I got stalled in turning the ground will be more square feet..was going to turn more today but it rained all last night and storms coming today...

">http://20150425_082117_zpsqdncgqax.jpg

Ill be son of a bitch if I did not fuck up my favorite flip-flops taking this pic!!!angry2.gif

">http://20150425_082141_zpshf7uz1bn.jpg

">http://20150425_082147%201_zpsvuqoghu6.jpg

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/20150425_082311_zps7evbieje.jpg.html'>20150425_082311_zps7evbieje.jpg

sad.png

What I have started already,due to all the rain I got stalled in turning the ground will be more square feet..was going to turn more today but it rained all last night and storms coming today...

sad.png

I would amend that soil with a few bags of soil conditioner and some perlite. The conditioner is to add back the charge to the soil (nutrients) and contains microbes to kick it off (activate). the perlite to get the soil to the right constancy for the optimum microbe environment. After that its just dialing in your water schedule, to optimize the soil environment for the whole cycle of life. Remember plants will grow without human interaction and have for millions of years. You are NOT growing the veggie's, just helping or hurting them in the your course of action. Much like relationships with women, or anyone for that matter. You can't force your idea's onto the plant, just nurture it by paying attention to its needs, not yours.

Think about where plants grow WAAAAY closer to the capacity of their genetic ceiling, than anywhere else on earth. I would think the first thing that comes to mind is the jungle or redwoods. Now mimic that, make sense? 

FX14048-722x1024.jpg

17119.1800530_Perlite_9L_4.jpg

Argon and Co2mix..

Yea welding class starts at,8am also

I have never ever in my life had this many weeks of horse shit traffic combined with my bad luck.

Normally I can shine like a fucking star but my stress level is so unbelievably high.......

Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

Focus Danialson

I finished at a few hundred percent to budget for the day... Still tho

sad.png

I would amend that soil with a few bags of soil conditioner and some perlite. The conditioner is to add back the charge to the soil (nutrients) and contains microbes to kick it off (activate). the perlite to get the soil to the right constancy for the optimum microbe environment. After that its just dialing in your water schedule, to optimize the soil environment for the whole cycle of life. Remember plants will grow without human interaction and have for millions of years. You are NOT growing the veggie's, just helping or hurting them in the your course of action. Much like relationships with women, or anyone for that matter. You can't force your idea's onto the plant, just nurture it by paying attention to its needs, not yours.

Think about where plants grow WAAAAY closer to the capacity of their genetic ceiling, than anywhere else on earth. I would think the first thing that comes to mind is the jungle or redwoods. Now mimic that, make sense? 

FX14048-722x1024.jpg

17119.1800530_Perlite_9L_4.jpg

Thanks bro! Will do smile.png

Found some nice Alienware and Asus gaming laptops I am interested in..$2500.00 - $3000.00 for a fucking laptop sad.png

Just spent the past 5 hours drinking with the band from the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel. Super fun to go into the most famous bar in Asia and have the band in mid-song say "Welcome Back Sean"

That is awesome.

You are pretty easy to remember in SE Asia I would guess.....

They've been playing there for 20 years.  Considering the guy I regularly travel with here lived in a hotel and started Seagate here at that time he knows them real well.  The guitar player and I are friends for the past 7 years now so they remember me well...

How serendipitous! smile.png

Sean I sent you a PM. I know you can't get a text but I was hoping you could help out.

I need some experience input etc.

I get texts.  Jared sent me some wink.png

I also got your PM, I'd like more details but responded.

I felt terrible once I looked at the world clock and realized it was 3am in the morning there. Sorry dude.

My ringer automatically turns off at 10:30 and on again at 6am.  So feel terrible if you send me a note at 6:05 on the weekend, lol

Thanks and I'll do it, but I am going to cheat.  I have a friend of a friend who is a mechanic.  Will pay him to help and to use his lift.  I want it done fast and he would rather I be there so when the kit isn't right I can figure it out while he works on a customers car.  Win for both.

Just spent the past 5 hours drinking with the band from the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel. Super fun to go into the most famous bar in Asia and have the band in mid-song say "Welcome Back Sean"

That is awesome.

They've been playing there for 20 years. Considering the guy I regularly travel with here lived in a hotel and started Seagate here at that time he knows them real well. The guitar player and I are friends for the past 7 years now so they remember me well...

Sean I sent you a PM. I know you can't get a text but I was hoping you could help out.

I get texts. Jared sent me some wink.png

I felt terrible once I looked at the world clock and realized it was 3am in the morning there. Sorry dude.

My ringer automatically turns off at 10:30 and on again at 6am. So feel terrible if you send me a note at 6:05 on the weekend, lol

:sets alarm for 6:06:

That is awesome.

They've been playing there for 20 years. Considering the guy I regularly travel with here lived in a hotel and started Seagate here at that time he knows them real well. The guitar player and I are friends for the past 7 years now so they remember me well...

I get texts. Jared sent me some wink.png

My ringer automatically turns off at 10:30 and on again at 6am. So feel terrible if you send me a note at 6:05 on the weekend, lol

:sets alarm for 6:06:

Speaking of I got up at 5:00 am this morning after i swore I was going to sleep late having the day off sad.png  I think the brain has a built in alarm clock of it's own that gets programed after waking up at a certain time over and over everyday...Might explain why I wake up at the same exact times every single night like clockwork..

Argon and Co2mix..

If you are in school you generally do not have to do jury duty

Argon and Co2mix..

Ill call them fuckers after work.... thanks

Argon and Co2mix..

Ill call them fuckers after work.... thanks

Probably not open after 12:00 pm on sat.

Also I have thought of the "paranormal thing" as well,as I often wake up with the feeling of being touched...And a lot of times when this happens I have numbness,sometimes it will be just my head than other times will be my legs,A couple of times it has been my whole body with the most numbness in my chest and nipples..And it always seems that I am dreaming and feel the numbness and then I wake up and it is almost gone instantly..huh2.gif

Also have thought it might a blood sugar problem as well...Usually at 2:00 am-2:15 am like clockwork, also several times in between 1:00 am and 4:00 am and most of the times it feels like I am getting hands rubbing my head or fingers ran through my hair..Of course with my luck I can't get lucky enough if it is a "paranormal thing" for it to be my penis getting touched sad.png I have the luck these days that I expect any day to get a scratch off and it tells me I owe them $50.00..