Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

New fuel consumption record in the Jeep, 29 MPG overall for the entire trip, with A/C on most of the time. I did keep the speed at 60 mph, enough to go barely faster than trucks. Everybody else was doing 75+. 

I wish I was disciplined enough to drive 60 for a tank of gas.

Blah, I was on the highway going barely faster than trucks. That meant occasional "sprints" to 70-80 for passing

Even so. I can do 65 with occasional sprints for and hour or 2 but any more than that I'm pushing 75

I work like that when I have at least parts of a working system and cruise control. 

The bodywork on the Miata should be ready by the end of the week. Then I have to sandblast surface rust, do all the seam welds people recommend to do and get it painted :D

Passing on the highway is fun in the new Jeep. Almost 300 lbs-ft of torque from 1600 to 2400 rpm :) 

One more pic during the amp install. 

IMG_20150605_160825404.jpg

I have some alternator whine with the phone un-powered and the mini-dsp powered from the rear 12v wire I found and stupid loud alternator whine when I charge the phone. Powering both the phone and the mini-dsp from a 5v phone charger cures all the noise, today I will run a USB cord all the way to where the amps are and install the 5v charger there. Also need to build a turn-off delay circuit for the mini-dsp, long enough to turn on the engine. 

Excited to go see some exotic cars and even more rare, if not exotic, airplanes today!!!

Wooohoooooo

I can't root for a sunbelt team with fans that don't know what icing is.

Trust me I can feel your pain. I only root for Tampa because I live here. I am still a Buffalo boy at heart.

J

Even though Chicago is our biggest rival they are my second favorite team.  When we idiotically had no team I lived in Chicago and generally speaking I fucking love Chicago.

Best American city BY FAR.

Most of my cousins have lived there before and said similar. I just cannot do months and months of winter any more. I love the warmth of Tampa.

At least for now.

J

Sleepy, but almost gymtime and soccer time.

Sleepy, but almost gymtime and soccer time.

I slept most of the day!

I think the busy weekend caught up. 

Man worked 10hrs today then 2 in the garden,this heat and humidity is crucial!! Have only a 4 day work week this week..Off Fri,Sat,and Sun..Then most likely I will do 80+ hrs next week than 3 weeks off..I can't wait..smile.png

Got a Patriot as a rental today. It's just like the compass but "bigger". Not really sure how as it feels exactly the same.

PS, this is a work rental. No relation to my other rental car.

Found my aftermarket hood,narrowed it down to 2..Opinions please,Trying to focus on the exterior before I gut the drive train so I can slap it in the booth will go back white but undecided on the color of stripes smile.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151548627143?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191478851258?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have some alternator whine with the phone un-powered and the mini-dsp powered from the rear 12v wire I found and stupid loud alternator whine when I charge the phone. Powering both the phone and the mini-dsp from a 5v phone charger cures all the noise, today I will run a USB cord all the way to where the amps are and install the 5v charger there. Also need to build a turn-off delay circuit for the mini-dsp, long enough to turn on the engine. 

minidsp has a solution (minidc)  but you might as well build your own. 

Even so. I can do 65 with occasional sprints for and hour or 2 but any more than that I'm pushing 75

I have a hard time not doing 75 in a 40

Any thoughts on how I could have a momentary ground closure upon powering down my car?

The power supply I bought for my carpc can blow me.

I can't root for a sunbelt team with fans that don't know what icing is.

Trust me I can feel your pain. I only root for Tampa because I live here. I am still a Buffalo boy at heart.

J

Even though Chicago is our biggest rival they are my second favorite team.  When we idiotically had no team I lived in Chicago and generally speaking I fucking love Chicago.

Best American city BY FAR.

Most of my cousins have lived there before and said similar. I just cannot do months and months of winter any more. I love the warmth of Tampa.

At least for now.

J

I lived in Chicago for 3 winters.  I NEVER once wore a winter jacket.  Sport coat was it.  It is fucking warm there.

Chicago doesn't trip my trigger all that hard.

Best food city in the world.

Found my aftermarket hood,narrowed it down to 2..Opinions please,Trying to focus on the exterior before I gut the drive train so I can slap it in the booth will go back white but undecided on the color of stripes smile.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151548627143?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191478851258?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The orange one is HIDEOUS.  The one on the blue car is ugly too, but it is a camaro so that is a given.

Chicago doesn't trip my trigger all that hard.

Best food city in the world.

Really?

I missed it I guess.

I don't know how you could.  Every corner has something worth chowing.

Passing on the highway is fun in the new Jeep. Almost 300 lbs-ft of torque from 1600 to 2400 rpm smile.png

In the Esky I concur.

The orange one is HIDEOUS.  The one on the blue car is ugly too, but it is a camaro so that is a given.

Thought about fabricating a Escalade hood,but got weary it might slow me down huh2.gif  This is my second choice..smile.png