Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't know how you could. Every corner has something worth chowing.

I went to a great steakhouse.

Every time I have gone I have been on a really tight timetable and no time to explore.

I don't know how you could. Every corner has something worth chowing.

I went to a great steakhouse.

Every time I have gone I have been on a really tight timetable and no time to explore.

The greatness lies in the average there.  Higher than anywhere else.  High end you can find anywhere.

Even so. I can do 65 with occasional sprints for and hour or 2 but any more than that I'm pushing 75

I have a hard time not doing 75 in a 40

Gotta hit that cruise....

....except the South

Yet, every time I go somewhere up North you can't seem to recommend a place in the city I'm in.....

....except the South

Yet, every time I go somewhere up North you can't seem to recommend a place in the city I'm in.....

You asked me once and then had a budget that set some priorities.

Bought a sous vide wand.  Tried it out tonight.  I am definitely going to like owning this!

The perfect steak will be bathed to 105F and then hit on a 1500F grill for 30 seconds a side.  Time to make the Egg ROAR.

Mine live at 215 today for pulled pork.

I rarely use mine for anything but slow cooking....which NEEDS to change.

Bought a sous vide wand.  Tried it out tonight.  I am definitely going to like owning this!

The perfect steak will be bathed to 105F and then hit on a 1500F grill for 30 seconds a side.  Time to make the Egg ROAR.

What is a sous vide wand??

J

One more pic during the amp install. 

IMG_20150605_160825404.jpg

I have some alternator whine with the phone un-powered and the mini-dsp powered from the rear 12v wire I found and stupid loud alternator whine when I charge the phone. Powering both the phone and the mini-dsp from a 5v phone charger cures all the noise, today I will run a USB cord all the way to where the amps are and install the 5v charger there. Also need to build a turn-off delay circuit for the mini-dsp, long enough to turn on the engine. 

Any thoughts on how I could have a momentary ground closure upon powering down my car?

The power supply I bought for my carpc can blow me.

Momentary ground closure? You want the ground disconnected momentarily? 

I have some alternator whine with the phone un-powered and the mini-dsp powered from the rear 12v wire I found and stupid loud alternator whine when I charge the phone. Powering both the phone and the mini-dsp from a 5v phone charger cures all the noise, today I will run a USB cord all the way to where the amps are and install the 5v charger there. Also need to build a turn-off delay circuit for the mini-dsp, long enough to turn on the engine. 

minidsp has a solution (minidc)  but you might as well build your own. 

Much nicer but too many features for my needs

....except the South

Budget will always be a big kicker, dropping a bill on dinner is becoming extremely rare for me.

I will be headed through KC around lunch time and dinner time this week. Not sure where I'll end up stopping. Last time was LC's (based on your rec) which was pretty good, but I remember you get a lot of one kind of BBQ. Trying out a new place I always like to try to do a bit of a sampler. Also I remember skating on the floor because it was so damn greasy.

Any thoughts on how I could have a momentary ground closure upon powering down my car?

I *assume* it is a ground or continuity switch.  Want to turn my pc on.

I'm sure it will crash and burn like all the other start up super phones.

Wearing thin fast.

I'm sure it will crash and burn like all the other start up super phones.

Possibly. They are close to their funding goal however.

So who all is getting soaked from the storm "Bill" that came in from the gulf? I sure would like it if we get some of the rain smile.png

the pins on motherboard which are typically connect to a button on the case (which turn the pc on and off) are just shorting pins. connect those to a momentary switch and you can turn it on whenever. 

i forget what your pc specs are, or did you go with a nuc? maybe the motherboard wont have those pins.... 

....except the South

Budget will always be a big kicker, dropping a bill on dinner is becoming extremely rare for me.

I will be headed through KC around lunch time and dinner time this week. Not sure where I'll end up stopping. Last time was LC's (based on your rec) which was pretty good, but I remember you get a lot of one kind of BBQ. Trying out a new place I always like to try to do a bit of a sampler. Also I remember skating on the floor because it was so damn greasy.

Blue Koi is sort of fun.  I fucking love asian dumplings though.  GREAT neighborhood as well.

I should add that the last time I was there was the day I bought the M5, lol

the pins on motherboard which are typically connect to a button on the case (which turn the pc on and off) are just shorting pins. connect those to a momentary switch and you can turn it on whenever. 

How do I automate a shorting connection upon seeing voltage and as the voltage goes away?