Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

good to hear Randal. Hope the work goes smoothly (we both know it never does)

Thank you Sir ...

Bout the only thing confusing me is the defroster vents ...

And the main thing I'm not wanting to do is cut into the firewall to get 1 cubic foot per 5.25 ... May not need that much, but I am going to do a ported and tuned enclosure for left, right and center channel drivers in/on the dash and I want to make sure there is plenty of room for everything needed to make this work according to plan ... Kind of hard to explain, but it will be kind of similar to Kirt Proffit's car ... If you know who that is

You can format a large HDD to fat32 with a CMD prompt or with some formatting software.

I used a WD disk utility that was free. Probably an easier way, but it was pretty easy.

Thank you guys for you assistance with this ... I'm hoping to hear from Josh soon with an update on this ...

Got a little something done to my truck this weekend ... Green LEDs in the amp rack ...

gallery_405_59_11440.jpg

gallery_405_59_117696.jpg

Nice setup man, very clean sounds great

Nice setup man, very clean sounds great

Thank you Sir ...

Phone is not that good for taking pics ... Left the Digi Cam at home

Got a couple of more amps going in soon, So the LEDs are lined up for the new amp arrrangemant.

But the Green light makes the "Plum Crazy" Purple shine !!!

I'm hoping to start pulling my dash / A-pillars / kick pannels soon to get started on my enclosures ...

I went to a couple of junk yards and had a look at a few trucks similar to mine with the dash out ...

Its giong to be a fairly easy job to cut out for the enclosures ... just time consuming

You can format a large HDD to fat32 with a CMD prompt or with some formatting software.

I used a WD disk utility that was free. Probably an easier way, but it was pretty easy.

Thank you guys for you assistance with this ... I'm hoping to hear from Josh soon with an update on this ...

Got this done and working great !!! Just taking my time and getting all my music back on it ...

Thank you SSA for all your help on this ...

Post edited ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Post edited ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Post edited ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Those amps look sick Randal!

Those amps look sick Randal!

Thank you Sir !!! I kind of figured they would get really hot under that rear seat ... Man, was I wrong

They run much cooler than I would have thought possible ... They never go into thermal protect.

Hail Storm came through today ...

Busted my windshield and gave me some really nice SEVERE hail damage on my truck ...

Same thing to the wife's car ...

What a kick in the nutz ...

Busted my windshield and gave me some really nice SEVERE hail damage on my truck ...

Had the same thing happen to the 4runner 2 years ago. Hope you have good coverage.

the matching dash and green floor lights looks sweet!

your woodcutting looks awesome!

any plans to paint the truck oneday?  mexsmoke.gif

Hopefully your insurance will take of you.

ouch, insurance?

Had the same thing happen to the 4runner 2 years ago. Hope you have good coverage.

Hopefully your insurance will take of you.

Thank you guys ... Not sure about the insurance with the age of the truck, guess I will find out soon enough ...

Got to get my house and wife's car fixed before I can concentrate on my truck ...

again, thanks SSA

the matching dash and green floor lights looks sweet!

your woodcutting looks awesome!

any plans to paint the truck oneday?  mexsmoke.gif

I was getting set up this weekend for a small photo / Vid shoot of my new front stage, but guess that will have to wait ...

Got some severe hail damage the other day ...
Hoping to get the body work started, We installed a fiberglass Cowl hood on White Lightning the other afternoon ... It's just mocked up, still gotta do some trimming, sanding, filling, priming, defacing, etc before paint and clear.

Decided to take some pics to see what evey one thinks and it started to get dark, so I fired up the LEDS ...
Sorry for the "Unfocused" pics ... LOL

2013-03-29_19-38-31_643_zpsdaaa42f2.jpg
2013-03-29_19-39-51_928_zps9b671709.jpg
2013-03-29_19-40-05_740_zps9f1d823f.jpg
2013-03-29_19-41-29_548_zps405b7055.jpg

Edited by Cablguy184

Damn ... Almost forgot these !!!
Thanks to the recent hail damage, my headliner has to be redone also, guess this is gonna be a great opportunity to finally install the sound deadner to the truck's roof too ... but got some "grainy spur of the moment" pics with the old blackberry phone of the front stage and the 5.25" component set in the dash ... I took the grille covers off for the pics ... and No, I'm not finished with the air conditioner controls yet, beings that my wife's car got totaled in the hail storm, my truck is our ONLY transprotation until we find her another vehicle so working on the truck has stopped for the moment ...

image_url-43297-1364170146.jpg
image_url-43297-1364170203.jpg
image_url-43297-1364170366.jpg
image_url-43297-1364170288.jpg

Due to circumstances beyond my control, we had no tuning time for SBN, and had to turn off my door midbass drivers before the competition ... So I went through the MECA Moddex class with only the dash and the subs ... but scored suprisingly well ...

Now we have the Linear Power X02 on the door drivers and Can't wait to try it again in Florence, Al 4-27-13 !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing this again with the 6.5 in the door playing.  Those 5.25s are unreal, but I'm sure the little extra in the door makes a nice difference.

I wish you much luck working with the insurance to get the hail damaged resolved.  I know it's probably a pain.

Thanks man, the truck is going in the body shop soon ...

Also, got to tear back into my interior to find and fix some troublesome rattles ... One of the nightmares of using your daily driven "old truck" as your Sound Quality vehicle ... LOL