Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

All that deadener and no MLV? sad.png

All I need is for the truck to be quiet ... No need to waste money at this time ...

But it is on the list ...

Then you needed MLV and not deadener. You added something to change the resonance of panels, not a noise barrier. Exactly why I stated the question.

What ever dude ... I worked on this thing all weekend, barely got it back together (except for the amps), Worked all night last night, got class all day today ...

got to get my amp in the mail (hopefully today), and the other one gets built in time ... have all this shit back together and playing by wednesday so I can drive it 10 hours to Daytona Beach ...

I'm doing the best I can with what little money I have ... But I promised to be at Spring Break Nationals, So you can bet your ass I'm gonna be there with this truck ...

Like I said ... Its on the list ... and yes, my truck is ALOT quieter since I installed the deadner on the floor ...

Since you won't trust me, read Don's website and hopefully it'll be clear.

It'll make you feel like you could have used the "little money" more effectively. Good luck getting all the shit back together by Wednesday and the drive!

Since you won't trust me, read Don's website and hopefully it'll be clear.

It'll make you feel like you could have used the "little money" more effectively. Good luck getting all the shit back together by Wednesday and the drive!

It's not that I don't or won't trust you Sean, I just have my own way of doing things ...

And Thank you for the luck ... I'm going to need it ...

Well then, aparently everything worked out fine ... Amps turned out great !!!

The vehicle was exceptionally quiet on the inside for the demos ...

Well, considering I was parked next to the "Bass Mechanik" booth ... It worked out really good ...

Over a hundred people got to demo my truck at this show ... Long Weekend, but Fun !!!

Just got me some bucket seats the other day. I need to get them recovered. Then I can get started on my center console/ floor shifter !!!

These new Linear Power amps are AMAZING !!!

It was really great to meet up with Mark and Aaron (and everyone else from SSA) at Spring Break Nationals.

I was very busy stuck in the demo booths, So thank you SSA members for coming over and talking to me !!! Hope to see all of you again soon !!!

WOW ... Haven't updated this thread in a LONG while ... So, Lets get started !!!

A Vid From Modified at Spring Break Nationals ...

Please check around 4 minutes into this vid for my truck ...

Thank you Modified !!!

LEDs and HIDs by MOBS aka Hyper Automotive Lighting ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8U23TXLke0&feature=BFa&list=FLeAxggw4AAsuLXlmycUMw8g

Edited by Cablguy184

And Here you go SSA ... The New Linear Power LP2250

Details on this machine can be found at www.linearpower.com

lp2250face.jpg

lp2250end.jpg

Nice looking amp droolcup.gif

I don't follow LP at all. Do the new amps use one of the original internal designs or are these all new amps on the inside?

I love the lighting of your vehicle sir, whom did you decide to use?

Thank you Sir

I don't follow LP at all. Do the new amps use one of the original internal designs or are these all new amps on the inside?

Old design looks ... but a whole new monster on the inside Sir ...

Even the heatsinks "look" similar, but alot on them has changed too ...

Edited by Cablguy184

I love the lighting of your vehicle sir, whom did you decide to use?

Thank you Sir ... Hyper Automotive LEDs and HIDs

lp2250_engineering.jpg

I plan to be a the 2012 MECA World Finals (Demo booth for Linear Power only) this year if you guys want to check out these new amps in action ... I can't wait to see you guys there !!!

You can also check out some Hyper LEDs in action too !!!

I plan to be a the 2012 MECA World Finals (Demo booth for Linear Power only) this year if you guys want to check out these new amps in action ... I can't wait to see you guys there !!!

You can also check out some Hyper LEDs in action too !!!

would be great to see you! I will be there of course :)

Just did some research on that company, product looks great, but, I just wish their was an easier way to order. If the compnay had a store like selection with photos and part numbers that would be an great add-on to their website. Until then, I would probably have to steer away.

I've had no problems ordering from him (for my personal vehicles and the business I send his way) ...

The products work great even in bad weather conditions, So I have no complaints about Mike or his products ...

But as far as what he does and how he has his company set up ... Thats not for me to answer

Send him an email and he will call and talk to you personally. He's very knowledgeable with his products ...

I'm almost positive that Mike will be with me at MECA World Finals ... We plan on entering my truck in the night glow competition if they have it this year ...

Again ... Thanks bro

Randal

Working on my HID headlights ... Just relaced my lenses and hoping to retrofit them with projectors soon ...

The Lows are white/blue and the Highs are Green ...

gallery_405_15_29621.jpg

gallery_405_15_61851.jpg

Hopefully i will be able to get back to work on this project after MECA World Finals ... But for now, they work great !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

im guessing you like LEDs :P

very nice truck !!

im guessing you like LEDs tongue.png

very nice truck !!

Thank you Sir ...

Senchez will be gettin a chubby when he gets to see the headlights...lol!

im guessing you like LEDs tongue.png

Well, My Black 91 Chevy had a set of "Plum Crazy" purple neons to match the LP amps and they were just as illegal as the ones I have now ... So I said what the hell, there just for show.

Working on my HID headlights ... Just relaced my lenses and hoping to retrofit them with projectors soon ...

The Lows are white/blue and the Highs are Green ...

gallery_405_15_29621.jpg

gallery_405_15_61851.jpg

Hopefully i will be able to get back to work on this project after MECA World Finals ... But for now, they work great !!!

We took out the fuse that makes the low beams run while the truck is in motion so we could install the HIDs and upgrade to the HI - 4 mod. (all 4 lights on at the same time on high beams) ... Beings I did not want any "unwanted or unexpected" noise in the stereo system, we installed 5 relays under the hood for this. One relay for the Hi - 4 mod, and one for each HID ballast with VERY short runs of cable for grounds and direct link from relay to batteries under the hood ... So far, couldn't ask for a better turnout !!!

I'm not sure how we are actually going to do it yet, but we are going to fix the bowtie emblem to where it glows amber with the parking lights. I'd like to run it Green, but I would imagine that would be a police attention grabber so we are thinking we will be able to swap LEDs out on this for shows ... Thats why the emblem is missing in this pic. Hopefully this will be done by MECA show too ...

Got any ideas or suggestions for this ??

Senchez will be gettin a chubby when he gets to see the headlights...lol!

LOL ... Thanks bro

If you notice in the turn signals an parking lights, there are fast flash amber and white LEDs in there ...

Works MUCH better than the original lighting ... Still got more work to do to it, like the 4 - corner mod where all 4 markers light up instead the origional one on each side ...

Edited by Cablguy184

I did notice the turn signal light difference & the emblem missing......interesting idea.

Looks good bro. How is visibility in the evening?

We were kind of thinking we were going to have minor glare problems with the low beams, but it works correctly ...

We are either going to install glare caps or completely retrofit the low beams with projectors ...

I'd like to do the expensive retrofit projector assembly, but I'm sure my wife / pocket book is only giong to let me install the glare caps ... I can get those out of a junk yard ...

That Joe Dirt phrase got me dying laughing, Plum Crazy Purple.