Randal Johnson

Cablguy184's 97 Chevy Silverado

love the build pics man... keep it up!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

love the build pics man... keep it up!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:thanx:

Alot of things has been going on with "White Lightning" lately ...

Hopefully, I will have this thread (and alot of others) updated between USACI and MECA World Finals Events ...

Got the New sterring wheel installed ... looking for a set of bucket seats to move the driver / listener seating positions colser to the middle of the truck ... and build a cool center console with a performance floor shifter ... :drink40:

Got the New Blues Car Audio BL5.25 midrange driver installed in the center channel location and working to expectations ...

Installation on this is not complete yet (getting new custom trim ring made) so I will post pics when done ... MAJOR stage and image improvement ... :fing34:

Still working on the 6.5s in the doors ... getting new custom trim rings done and will post installation pics when done ... MAJOR stage and image improvement ...

Put the kick pannels back origional, but got some plans in the works for something really cool for the kick pannel area ...

:ehh: (something more along the lines of more "up front" bass maybe)

Got something really cool going on with the rears ... installation in process ... not releasing any plans or pics until USACI World Finals ...

I can tell you that the imageing tweeters are going away and I will be using 4" Kicker Resolution Midrange drivers for this task until the Blues Car Audio 4" drivers are ready ...

This is really going to be trick, you're going to like it ...

Now all of this is not complete yet because of something that happened to me the other day ...

My new sponsor is sending me a package to be installed in "white lightning" before Finals ...

I am VERY excited about this !!! None of this info will be given until USACI World Finals ...

I have a ton of pics to post on all this and will be taking ALOT more for forums and competition install book ...

This truck is like me ... The black sheep of the car audio family ... NOTHING is normal about this truck, nor will it ever be ... I like being different ... Hell, its all trial and error anyways ...

What good is car audio if you can't have fun with it and tear shit up ...

Now guys, PLEASE ... I do not want to have a Sound Quality debate or arguement about any of this ...

I could care less if it is "text book" or not ... Its all in good fun "For the Love of Music" anyways ...

Thank you SSA for letting me get on here and post on this AWESOME forum ...

Please Stay Tuned ... Thank you

Randal

Tean Linear Power / Blues Car Audio and Team "to be announced" ... :fing34:

pulling seats, amp rack, carpet, and dash today ... got some work to do ...

pics pics pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats if you wanna share some secrets :) Im in the same boat your are in lol

I sent you my number on a pm somewhere ... please call me if you need me ...

pulling seats, amp rack, carpet, and dash today ... got some work to do ...

What are you doing to it?

Rebuilding the amp rack to fit some new toys, try and get some more work done on my ongoing deadning project, rerunning / relocating / replacing some wiring, installing some LEDs in the interior ... Theres more, I just got to see if I can get past these projects first ...

Just things that need to be done that I never get time to do ... Now I'm sort of on a time crunch to get this thing ready for Spring Break Nationals ...

Got my amp rack almost done ...

very nice so far! tuned in for more pics! :popcorn:

Ok ...

Got my amp rack rebuilt for the new amps ... Hopefully they will be installed by SBN, or else everything will be running on radio power ... LOL ... One of the amps is being shipped, should be here Mon. or Tues. ... The sub amp will most likely be installed Fri. During show setup ... Who knows ...

Finally ... Got my entire floor deadned !!! Much better !!!

All I have left to do is the headliner ... Just need to wait until I can have the money to replace the headliner itself ...

Didn't have time to fool with the dash or LEDs ... Hopefully I can get to them before the show ... Who knows ...

I will post pics as soon as possible ... I'm on this shitty blackberry with no acess to a computer ... Should be able to load then tonight at work ... Lol

Ok ... here we go with what I have so far ...

Demolition time ...

26203464131_large.jpg

26203464132_large.jpg

26203464138_large.jpg

time to get things cleaned up and get started ...

got a couple of really nice amps for sale ...

26203464133_large.jpg

interested ??? shoot me a PM and so we can work up a deal ...

after cleaning everything up ... Time to get to work ...

26203464139_large.jpg

took out the center section of the amp rack and cut and resized it to hold the New Linear Power amps ...

26203464134_large.jpg

Carpeted and installed a new bottom piece for the amp rack ...

In these pics you see the fuses and distribution blocks installed on the amp rack ... but that idea went away real quick ...

The only thing you will see on that amp rack are three Linear Power Amplifiers ...

26203464136_large.jpg

26203464137_large.jpg

Well, Thats all I have for now ... Got the wiring looking ALOT better and will post those pics as the amps get installed ...

and the fuse blocks and distribution blocks are installed (with easy acess) under the amp rack ...

Also ... the trim pieces around the Subs are being repaired and cleaned up tomorrow (ran out of daylight) ...

What LP amps are you installing instead?

That 2.2HV is highly desired by many.....list those over on DIYMA and they'll probably be gone in the first day.

What LP amps are you installing instead?

That 2.2HV is highly desired by many.....list those over on DIYMA and they'll probably be gone in the first day.

The LP2150 on the front component set ...

The LP2250 on the ISO-Kit Sub drivers ...

And later ... The LP2075 on the center channel ... when it gets built ...

and the first person that will give me 700.00 for the LP 2.2hv can have it ...

and its modified ...

For Daytona, The LP 50 will be powering the center channel. For the most parts, the center channel and the rears will be turned off to demo the Blues Car Aduio 6.5 component set and the Linear Power 2150 ... The we will fire up the 5.1 surround sound and demo a song or two (and maybe some video stuff) ...

The we will fire up the big dog on some bass !!! And that would be the Linear Power 2250 on 4 10s set up Isoberic Style !!! Should be fun !!! I'm not gonna push it for some loud SPL number ... I'm talking SERIOUS control of a sub driver setup and play some of the coolest low end music ever ...

If you plan on going to Daytona Beach Florida this weekend for Spring Break Nationals ... Please come over to the Linear Power / Blues Car Audio section and get a demo ... Thank you SSA Randal ...

Edited by Cablguy184

I want to know what you will be running for electrical? I saw you looking at those JB's on audio addicts.

Edited by Fearz

I want to know what you will be running for electrical? I saw you looking at those JB's on audio addicts.

No deal was ever made with JuiceBox ... Kinda sux cause I liked the looks of those batteries and wanted to try them out ...

Oh well way it goes I guess ...

I have 2 Walmart Batteries (recommended part numbers) under the hood and 3 Alfa Gell Cells in the Bed Battery Bank ...

This will be my 4th year to run these batteries ... They may get charged about once or twice a year (if I can remember to do it before a large event) ...

All that deadener and no MLV? :(

All that deadener and no MLV? sad.png

All I need is for the truck to be quiet ... No need to waste money at this time ...

But it is on the list ...

All I need is for the truck to be quiet ... No need to waste money at this time ...

Then you needed MLV and not deadener. You added something to change the resonance of panels, not a noise barrier. Exactly why I stated the question.

Then you needed MLV and not deadener. You added something to change the resonance of panels, not a noise barrier. Exactly why I stated the question.

What ever dude ... I worked on this thing all weekend, barely got it back together (except for the amps), Worked all night last night, got class all day today ...

got to get my amp in the mail (hopefully today), and the other one gets built in time ... have all this shit back together and playing by wednesday so I can drive it 10 hours to Daytona Beach ...

I'm doing the best I can with what little money I have ... But I promised to be at Spring Break Nationals, So you can bet your ass I'm gonna be there with this truck ...

Like I said ... Its on the list ... and yes, my truck is ALOT quieter since I installed the deadner on the floor ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Nothing beats a good sound deadening treatment.

Anxious to see this done

Thank you Sir ...

I will be happy just to have it turn on and play once I get it to Daytona ...