emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

for sure, still want to hear my sealed box on music.. Who knows when the sundown comps. are going to be out though. Probably will just go with the JBL i posted, with the 2 ohm load.

:doit:

Liking the 91 rex! Miss my 91 HF that I had to sell due to a vicious sub frame crack... :( only was good for parts after that.

Liking the 91 rex! Miss my 91 HF that I had to sell due to a vicious sub frame crack... :( only was good for parts after that.

Ouch. These cars are great, don't plan to get rid of mine anytime son!

Got my muffler installed last night after work, wit a little rain. Got a little dirty today before i took some pics. but you get the idea.

The two bolts that attach it to the exhaust piping were a bitch to get on. Have to compress that spring before you can get the bolt started. The position i was it made this really annoying, but an hour later and i was done. Really happy with it.

dscf2941.jpg

dscf2942v.jpg

dscf2943k.jpg

dscf2944.jpg

dscf2945.jpg

dscf2948.jpg

One more project down.

Very Nice! :drink40:

Very Nice! :drink40:

Thank you, thank you!

Looks really good!! Is that a multi led flashlight you were using? Those are pretty bright!

Yeah it is, got it for free with my harbor freight order from my crimping tool. Threw it in my glove box for times when i dont have a big one laying around. It's just as good as the large ones without the bulk!

What's next on the list?

Got a check from back pay today, should be getting some components quick now. Need some 2x4s and some threaded rod to start on the false floor base/support. Silicone two spots where i think are causing the leak i still have.

I talked to the kid about my 15 again last night, he just got 2 huge checks from work, so he is ready to start putting his system together, told me he wanted a multi-sub setup. Talked him into starting smaller and then building up because you always want more later down the line. And it's going to save a bit of money if he buys my sub compared to something new and a new box. Think he is coming over today to get into it more. Hope i can get this thing gone, trying to make space before Elizabeth moves in for the summer, let alone the funds would be nice! :fing34:

Got Money.

Getting materials.

Fixed leak.

Selling sub=more $

Sounds like things are rolling along.

Who's Elizabeth??

Nice muffler man. I actually have to do mine sometime soon as well. The A-hole previous owner did a hack job of a muffler onto the Civic. But I am gonna do the rear disc conversion first before I do any muffler work.

Got Money.

Getting materials.

Fixed leak.

Selling sub=more $

Sounds like things are rolling along.

Who's Elizabeth??

That's my girlfriend! :wub:

Nice muffler man. I actually have to do mine sometime soon as well. The A-hole previous owner did a hack job of a muffler onto the Civic. But I am gonna do the rear disc conversion first before I do any muffler work.

Thanks, I want to get new rotors/pads/paint the calipers on this, but that's later down the road.

Who's Elizabeth??

dscf2931d.jpg

I'm really happy with it so far. Can't wait to get it back on and have my car sound normal again. Went over to a friend's house today and revved it a bit when pulling up and he said, "Hey, that sounds pretty good, did you put a fart cannon on it?" I just started laughing and showed what was missing. :rofl2:

Mufffa'la looks good bro! I can't stand the buzzz bomb's, they give us Honda guy's a bad rap. I spy a gourgeous 65' Ford!!:wub:

dscf2931d.jpg

I'm really happy with it so far. Can't wait to get it back on and have my car sound normal again. Went over to a friend's house today and revved it a bit when pulling up and he said, "Hey, that sounds pretty good, did you put a fart cannon on it?" I just started laughing and showed what was missing. :rofl2:

Mufffa'la looks good bro! I can't stand the buzzz bomb's, they give us Honda guy's a bad rap. I spy a gourgeous 65' Ford!!:wub:

You litterally made me LOL at the "gorgeous" comment! oh man, that thing has seen better days. Pay more attention to the OTHER ford in the pic, now that's ballin'! Thanks for the compliment on the muffler!

And yea, it's something like that, Sefugi. ;)

Who's Elizabeth??

i think that is more appropriate

Y'all are ridiculous. HAHA

ON TOPIC - ordered some NGK spark plug wires last night. Get them in a couple days. Now I've got all of NGK's products on my car that i can. :fing34:

Wish we knew when the sundown components were coming out...

i feel stupid. i didn't know sundown was doing components. i knew they were doing the 8 and 10 inch mids but not a full component set. if so, that would be interesting

i feel stupid. i didn't know sundown was doing components. i knew they were doing the 8 and 10 inch mids but not a full component set. if so, that would be interesting

Too late. I Ordered my comps. today :D Next week i'll have a couple packages show up weeeee :runlaugh:

Too late. I Ordered my comps. today :D Next week i'll have a couple packages show up weeeee :runlaugh:

:woot: JBL's??

:woot: JBL's??

:peepwall: yes :peepwall:

I think i got a deal on them. Sonicelectronix lists them at 250. Their ebay site has them at 140. I offered them 124.99 and got them. Shipped. I'm happy, makes me wonder how much lower i could have gone. and why there is such a price difference. Hope i didn't just screw myself, but i couldn't find anything different between any sites, just different prices. We will see thursday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290559008068

Great!!! I'm sure you will be happy to get some tunes playing again. You gonna setup that sealed enclosure to go with them? What size sub was that made for? I think with the 2ohm components you should get plenty of power with the 100.4 without bridging. Waiting for pics and a reveiw, then someone else can make a bid $20 cheaper. LOL!!

Yeah, ill run them 2 ohms, unbridged. Put the sealed 12 in there, it's wired to 2 ohms as well. Sound sound good. Need to go get some 2x4s to start building the base/frame for the false floor. Rain and easter prevented me from getting that done last weekend like i wanted. It's ok, i"m patient. Maybe ill place another bid for another pair sometime and lowball then work my way up. :gift:

Yeah, ill run them 2 ohms, unbridged. Put the sealed 12 in there, it's wired to 2 ohms as well. Sound sound good. Need to go get some 2x4s to start building the base/frame for the false floor. Rain and easter prevented me from getting that done last weekend like i wanted. It's ok, i"m patient. Maybe ill place another bid for another pair sometime and lowball then work my way up. :gift:

Were you going to bridge the other half of the 100.4 for the sub? if so it might not like a 2 ohm load.