emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

go with the glass, go parallel not perpendicular. i am a big fan of the armor all window cleaner stuff. its tint safe and cleans the toughest shit off the film. the shop i used to work at charges an extra 20 dollars per window to remove tint and if you try and don't get off all the glue, they charged 25.

Did a little work today. Will finish tomorrow. Building a "beauty panel" to cover up the area below my box, hide the wire mess, 100.4 and battery. In the end i want to mount my Xovers and fuse holders to this panel to have a little "flash". Ran out of spray glue, only had 1/2 of a 3/4" side to cover :suicide-santa: so I'll go get some tomorrow along with some super glue to put magnets in place-what i want to hold the panel on with (ease of removal in case i change/tweak anything).

Chose to go with the same color as my box. It looks good mocked up, but i wont post that image 'till tomorrow :P

Side note... Went into town today real quick and on the way home i received another threat. I live outside city limits mind you. I was about 1/4 mile from home, playing my music, when i see some guy running down his driveway. Figured he was running across the road before traffic gets to him, there were a couple cars behind me a ways. He STOPS in the middle of my lane with his hands in the air. As i slow down to figure out what he's doing i turn my music off. He rushes me, leaning in my window complaining about how loud my music is and how the next time i drive by with it on i'm going to get a rock through my window. I didn't say anything and drove off, i was in a rush to get dinner before a movie anyways. Didn't need some dude stalling me any more.

This is getting ridiculous, is it only me, or do you guys have this happen to you as well? I was nowhere near town, so i had no idea where this guy was coming from. Middle of the day (~5:00), not in a residential area, and still getting verbally assaulted for my music. :( I have said before, i understand I'm "loud" but I can't even listen to it at that levels on back roads?

This guy had to of been breaking more laws than i was. People tell me i should make police reports when this happens. But i'd rather not deal with all that. Only if anything happens to my car will i go there. :peepwall::WTFBubble::ughdunno:

I am anxious to see your beauty panel. I wouldn't hide those pertty amps though :wub:

I have an extremely difficult time handling other people's anger outbursts. Obviously this man that you are speaking of was not thinking clearly, only an insane person runs out in the middle of the street to stop a car. The second he made a threat to me or my property that would have been GAME OVER. My level of understanding and compassion would have been diminished that instant. So I guess good job in being calm like you were.

Liking your idea on the beauty panel, agree with Edouble not to cover up your amp.

Have many responses to the guy in the street, but won't bore you with them.

I'm with edub on the idiot running into the street. I really do have a lot of patience for idiots, but that's absurd. I would have cranked it, stepped out of the car and asked him what he was going to do about it, personally, I don't take idle threats very well at all. Ever hear the saying "Sarcasm is the body's defense against stupidity."?? I usually try to start with the sarcasm, it's up to them how it ends.

The beauty panel is a great way to help make things look even better. Keep up the great work dude.

I know that i can't argue with stupid, so i let it be :)

Can't see much of the amp under there anyways, i mostly want to get rid of the wire mess, and i can't do much about all the wires so ill just cover them up! haha working on it now. Updates later today, hopefully before work!

Put magnets on the board, figuring they would make it easy to remove if i needed to mess with anything. Nice!

dscf3200wb.jpg

dscf3201v.jpg

Started putting them on the false floor... not going so well...

dscf3203gu.jpg

Second one was a bit better.

dscf3202.jpg

dscf3204f.jpg

Still not happy with the whole process, so i go grab a couple l brackets and get work done!

dscf3205q.jpg

dscf3206s.jpg

Finished product. Not going to be the easiest to take out when i need to do something, but i'm satisfied with it. Now i just need to do the sides. Another day!

dscf3207c.jpg

dscf3208d.jpg

dscf3209j.jpg

dscf3210.jpg

Forgot to mention I grounded my RCAs yesterday as well. I think it got rid of the little alt whine I got at what seemed like random times. We will really see if it did anything when I use channels 3&4 on the 100.4. I think those are what made the most noise. :ughdunno: That's all for today, thanks for lookin' out guys! comments are appreciated, good or bad. Tips or tricks :D

That looks good, cleaned it up a bit. Can't tell the width of that new panel, but that 100.4 would look sic mounted on it below the 1500! :woot:

That looks good, cleaned it up a bit. Can't tell the width of that new panel, but that 100.4 would look sic mounted on it below the 1500! :woot:

OH! never thought of that. ill go measure!

AWWW just under 2 inches too short. Damn, i wish i would of thought of that... What would have worked perfectly.. I can always make a new one :D

AWWW just under 2 inches too short. Damn, i wish i would of thought of that... What would have worked perfectly.. I can always make a new one :D

:fing34::doit:

Looks clean, nice work :drink40:

Nice man.

Now all you need is some screw down wire ties to secure the blue power/speaker wires going to the 1500D Edit-.jpg

good looking out sefugi. thats an awesome idea.

edub beat me to that one. mountable zip ties are amazing. i want to shake the hand of the creator.

great looking job man. love the use of the 90 degree rca ends

Looks clean, nice work :drink40:

Thanks!

Nice man.

Now all you need is some screw down wire ties to secure the blue power/speaker wires going to the 1500D Edit-.jpg

I have been thinking about those as well. Just can't visualize how i want to do it. Plus i still need to get 1/0 run to the amp, not this little 4 gauge. But that may def. be in the works! Good lookin' out!

good looking out sefugi. thats an awesome idea.

edub beat me to that one. mountable zip ties are amazing. i want to shake the hand of the creator.

great looking job man. love the use of the 90 degree rca ends

Thanks, those 90* RCAs were only needed in my last car, had fitment issues. I guess it makes this look a little cleaner as well, ill keep em'!

:dancing:

Car looks super clean, you did a great job. :fing34:

Car looks super clean, you did a great job. :fing34:

Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words. Make it all worth it that much more. :wub:

Waiting for more updates! :popcorn:

Not able to get ahold of DC power to see if they have the alt i want available, and not getting replies to messages on here/phone. BUT Mechman answered the first time i tried calling them. I know they're both solid units, it's just the pricing/numbers that i'm worried about. So here is my situation.

Mechman 150 amp alt. Does ~110 at idle, 150 max. Didn't specify if that was hot/cold so I'll assume it's cold. ~$400 after summer discount. Eric said he gets them out the door is about 3 days.

DC 180 HP amp alt does ~130 at idle and 180 max (cold) and 120 idle 160 max (hot). ~400 normal price. Don't know if it's available and website says 1-2 weeks 'till it ships.

DC 170 OEM alt does ~ 110 at idle, 170 max (cold) and 90 idle 150 max (hot). ~350, again 1-2 weeks to ship.

Do you guys think i'll see any difference between these three units? The max power I think I'll ever run will be a 3500 and my 100.4. But who knows when that's going to happen. Mechman has quick return time and better CS from what i can tell so far from personal experience but I don't like their price, even with the summer discount. I really want DC's 180 HP, but can't seem to order it and who knows when it will get here.

DC said i could run into some belt slip with the 180, and MM said that right around 150 is where i'm safe and shouldn't see much, if any slip.

I want to have the alt installed before sept. for the first show i want to go to. I don't want to skimp on getting the best amp because another is more convenient to me. What would you guys do? :ughdunno: HELP! :puzzled:

It seems like your leaning more towards DC some, give them a week or two more to respond and if not the go Mechman since you know that you will at least get your alt on time for the upcoming competition.

It seems like your leaning more towards DC some, give them a week or two more to respond and if not the go Mechman since you know that you will at least get your alt on time for the upcoming competition.

Well the first time i talked to DC was about a month ago, told me possibly 2 weeks and the casings or whatever will be in. Called them about 2 weeks later and was told the 8th of this month to give them a call, haven't been able to get ahold of them. Left them a message yesterday, but saw that they had a phone outage (via facebook) a little before i called. Didn't know if they got my message so I just tried to call again but didn't get an answer and didn't really want to leave a second message in 2 days, ya know?

^^ This sounds like a plan!

Well the first time i talked to DC was about a month ago, told me possibly 2 weeks and the casings or whatever will be in. Called them about 2 weeks later and was told the 8th of this month to give them a call, haven't been able to get ahold of them. Left them a message yesterday, but saw that they had a phone outage (via facebook) a little before i called. Didn't know if they got my message so I just tried to call again but didn't get an answer and didn't really want to leave a second message in 2 days, ya know?

The squeeky wheel gets the grease, wouldn't matter to me how many messages you left, if I knew you were a customer that wanted to spend $

Just made the largest car audio purchase I've ever done.. :peepwall:

A nice, big alternator eh. :drink40: