DarkTinman

2 18's in the accord

Alright so i thought i put up my build of my accord on here but i didn't. So here it goes. I'm not done yet so it obviously won't be a complete build!

Car in the shop ready for work

002.jpg

View of the floor before we started with the DC sub hooked up and just free airing

005.jpg

Old amp rack

010.jpg

Battery in the back, HC1800 soon to be 2

006.jpg

Picture of the wires and engine

013.jpg

False floor in

018.jpg

Looking at a back panel to put in

022.jpg

Box without the top back panel

023.jpg

Panel fits!

025.jpg

Semi finished box just sitting on it's butt

028.jpg

Bbbbracing

051.jpg

Hole cut AND sanded

061.jpg

Will it fit?

062.jpg

Yes!

066.jpg

So we had to take it apart and put it back together but after we finished the box we thought it wouldn't fit when we tried to get it in. So about 2 days later i said screw it and just took out the seatbelts in the back + the panels and boom, it fits. We were first off by a half inch lol

069.jpg

Side view, it will stretch to the B pillar

070.jpg

Back view of the box

071.jpg

From the front

074.jpg

This is all dry fitted in, so i am not done at all. This is just test fitting and stuff like that. Bracing and stuff will be done soon. This box will also have a removable port, the hole sitting where the port should be isn't a port, just the cut out. The front will have mdf sitting in front and more will come. Again, don't assume this is my finished project, there is still a lot to go

New pictures!

0692.jpg

0682.jpg

0722.jpg

Alt in! I just installed it today, pictures tomorrow.

Pictures of the floor ripped out and etc

044.jpg

048.jpg

0572.jpg

0612.jpg

And the carpet dirty to clean!!

0542.jpg

0552.jpg

Clean!!

0022.jpg

0032.jpg

0062.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

First strip! Ohhh!

042-1.jpg

Driver side mostly done

048-1.jpg

Everything done, got dark quick...

054-1.jpg

056-1.jpg

058-1.jpg

Sorry for the blurry images, my fingers were really cut everywhere lol... Next time i will be wearing gloves.

Oh and the very back where my box is going to go

065-1.jpg

After looking at the pictures above, yes i do see that one of the all threads look really crooked, i will be sure to fix that before the final product is done.

(more surprises coming soon!)

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

Old JVC pos

DSCN0636.jpg

Installed

DSCN0643.jpg

Getting these installed as we speak. Should have pictures sometime today!

DSCN0647.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

And just a bit of FYI, i plan on making my car a dark gray with a black DC audio decal on the front of the hood/driver side. I know it doesn't make much sense but the inside of my car is going to be blue also, along with my DC subs. So it will all look nice and clean once it's done but little steps at a time.

looks good. any previous builds? power being used?

looks good. any previous builds? power being used?

All i had before this was 2 12 inch kenwoods pushed with a 1000 watt kenwood amp then upgraded to a 1800 watt amp lol.

In these pictures i am using that 1800 kenwood amp with a 1800HC battery. I'm going to upgrade to a 3.5k DC audio amp

Awesome work bro ... I'm really diggin the metal brackets and securing (bolting) the enclosure to the vehicle ...

Nice build brah!

Looking good man, tuned in :popcorn:

Looking crazy. I like!

Looking good!!! :popcorn:

Is that Dad giving you a hand??

The build looks good so far! I am tuned in.:popcorn:

What year is that car? Did everything in the DC Power kit fit?

nice looking build. I wished I could tear my car apart for something like this.

Very good looking so far! :popcorn:

Let me borrow your garage mang!

Lookin good..

Umm... I need to know, how the F did you get that carpet that clean man!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Awesome work bro ... I'm really diggin the metal brackets and securing (bolting) the enclosure to the vehicle ...

Thanks man! We were really struggling coming up with an idea of how we can get this box to be "a part of the car." The idea behind this is that the box will shake with the car instead of just rattling/shaking in the car. This will help reduce a lot of rattles and help generate the feel that it's loud haha. Originally we were gonna come from the bottom of the car and go through but lots of trouble there. But these are super secure and they look super nice!

Looking good!!! :popcorn: Is that Dad giving you a hand??

Haha well actually it's my girl friends dad. My dad doesn't really like car audio (even though he was super into it as a kid) he focused more on SQ instead of SPL. Then my girlfriends dad loves car audio and big bass. He is also an aerospace engineer which amazingly helps a lot with car audio and how things are built. His work deals with airplanes obviously but also making sure that nothing vibrates in airplanes. He also it's really in the know with electrical stuff and how it works. It's just cool because he brings a lot of fresh new ideas that most people haven't really thought of before. I got some REALLY cool surprises coming out, i almost don't want to show them lol.

The build looks good so far! I am tuned in.:popcorn: What year is that car? Did everything in the DC Power kit fit?

It's a 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition (ohh lol, not really) Yeah, the cool thing is that my friend saw a posting on SMD selling this alt. The guy who had it before me had the EXACT same car as me (besides the color) and sent it in because he originally had a 270xp but it was running so hard it had to get tuned down. So i got the 250xp with a custom build bracket for about 350. Super deal!

Let me borrow your garage mang!Lookin good..

Haha not even my garage! I wish it was!

Umm... I need to know, how the F did you get that carpet that clean man!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Looks nice, Keep those pics coming. :fing34: I agree, what did you use to clean the carpet?

Ask my girlfriend, i asked her if she would clean it and she did. I'm pretty sure she used blue dawn (yes the color DOES matter and is used in lots of cleaning stuff) then used a combination of vacuum and water along with that. I didn't see her do it but I'm pretty sure that's how she did it because that's what we did when we cleaned her jeep

And thanks for the compliments! Sorry i thought i added that in the last post, but I'm pretty sure it would be overkill if i quoted everyone who said good job and said thanks. I will if you want though lol. But if you guys see anything that you think needs to be done or have anything that i might be doing, say something! This is my first build and I don't know everything. Even if you have ideas about something I'm doing. I honestly appreciate constructive criticism!

Looking good, I wanna do a wall so bad just dont have the guts yet. Thanks for the heads up on cleaning carpet, that will save me some bills in the long run on. :drink40:

Thanks for the carpet cleaning tips... :peepwall: