onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

holy cow those are awesome!! very cool thanks for posting the pics! you rock man!

Nice progress :woot:

holy cow those are awesome!! very cool thanks for posting the pics! you rock man!

No problem, I figure the pics would better explain then the words I typed. :)

nice build! :fing34:

Nice progress :woot:

Thanks fells. :drink40:

Today I'm one step closer to getting done. It wasn't a big step, but a good one none the less. Enjoy the pics.

100_3657.jpg

100_3658.jpg

100_3659.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3662.jpg

:woot:

so does your box want to tip forward at all? lol that amps is HUGE

also what are those things going into the amp outputs?

also on the top of the amp is that more set screws to attach more subs?

so clean, love it. Getting ancy :D

so does your box want to tip forward at all? lol that amps is HUGE

No, not really the weight of the subs and box offset the weight of the amp. I'm guessing the whole setup right there is about 300lbs.

also what are those things going into the amp outputs?

The red thingies I'm assuming? Those are what Kicker calls the Anderson Power connectors. It's just a fancy high voltage quick connect.

also on the top of the amp is that more set screws to attach more subs?

You talking about the terminals under the Kicker logo? Those are the power and ground terminals. Three 1/0 for power and three 1/0 for ground. The wires will go up the face of the amp. Up and over through the handle thing on top of the amp. Then back down the back side of the amp through the floor and to the batteries.

you answered my question correctly! wow very nice! and that amp is a beast!!!

What's up fellas? Just trying to make some progress around these parts. I've got a little progress report for all of you. Hey, wait a sec, I'm Texan, I meant to say, "Ya'll." :P I'm working towards getting the front stage going. For my build I'm going to keep the electrical for the front stage separate from the sub-stage. The front stage electrical will be wired directly to the front battery. This will allow me to remove the rear battery bank and sub-box without affecting the front stage. God only knows why I'd want to go through the hassle of doing that, but to be honest, I wouldn't sleep comfortably at night if I didn't have the option. :P I once heard being rich isn't about having money, being rich is about having options. I like having options. Enough with the preaching, on with the pics. :rofl2:

First an impressive state of disassembly. It's not a proper build if you don't strip the interior to the point your significant other says WTF.

100_3713.jpg

I'll be wiring the front stage with a scoche amp wiring kit from walmart. :trippy: To get it to work I added a modified 1/0 ring terminal to the battery cable.

100_3710.jpg

Like all things GM this thing has side post terminals. :( It's always questionable trying to squeeze in a ring terminal under the factory terminal. Roaming the isles of Walmart I found this bad boy for a buck fifty in the automotive section.

100_3711.jpg

The longer bolt pops right in place and the lead spacer is easily trimmed to accommodate additional terminals. Here is mine in place.

100_3717.jpg

Nothing fancy here just mounting the maxi-fuse in place with some rivnuts.

100_3715.jpg

Fuse mounted. :)

100_3718.jpg

For those interested there is a nice little area under this thing-a-ma-jig to run your power wire through in a suburban. The thing-a-ma-jig has been removed and is off to the side.

100_3714.jpg

Here I am mounting the distribution block on the rear floor air duct under the drivers side seat. I'm telling you, these rivnuts are awesome.

100_3719.jpg

Distribution block mounted.

100_3720.jpg

Here is what's coming up next. Routing the wires, mounting the crossovers and front stage amp.

100_3721.jpg

:)

very cool! nice progress yet again!

Is that 8awg? and what size fuse is in that line?

Keep it comin'!!! Lookin' Awesome!!

I think I may just buy me a rivnut gun. I bet you sleep with that thing under your pillow at night. :lol2:

Looking good. Thats a lot of interior space to deal with thats for sure.

very cool! nice progress yet again!

Is that 8awg? and what size fuse is in that line?

The wife said it was progress in the wrong direction when I removed the interior. :P

The wire is 6awg both going into the distro box and out, just because. 80 fuses at the battery and the run to the amp. Need to check what the max amp input for the processor. :o

:o

wife had the same look on her face when I said, "Look at what I did today."

Keep it comin'!!! Lookin' Awesome!!

Thanks. :drink40:

I think I may just buy me a rivnut gun. I bet you sleep with that thing under your pillow at night. :lol2:

Looking good. Thats a lot of interior space to deal with thats for sure.

I do, I do. I hug it, and squeeze it, and call it George. Then, the wife yells, " Get that sh!t out of the bed!" :P Wonk wonk wonk.

Yep, interior is pretty huge. I'm thinking of just putting in the driver seat and installing a ping pong table, starting a moving ping pong tournament. I think it'll be a hit at the local college. :roflmao:

Just an inch of progress today.

I hope you all didn't think I was going active off the amps crossover's.

100_3723.jpg

Cleaned up the wiring to the crossovers and got them properly mounted. These are under the drivers side rear seat.

100_3722.jpg

Under the passengers side rear seat is this bad boy. With the processor mounted on the floor I can still fold down the passengers side rear seat to access the third row. Did I mention this Suburban came with a front bench seat. No center console, so this monster seats 9. o_o The amp will be mounted on the drivers side rear seat rails, so that side will not fold down properly to access the third row. Any who here's a pic of the MS8 all wired up ready to party.

100_3724.jpg

:)

MS-8 = :wub: got an extra one of those?? :wavey5:

I AM JELAUSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :attempt:

:P Bro that avatar just cracks me up. :roflmao:

MS-8 = :wub: got an extra one of those?? :wavey5:

Just one left for my next build, 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo. o_o

Do want.

Sure you don't have one hiding in that sig? :) They sure make life easy. We'll see how it measures up in an SPL setup. :o

they're so nice and make life very easy. build looks great man. keep it going