Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

donno how to embed ted talks.. 

the facial recondition to ssn  app is pretty nuts

I want a second body also.

When shooting kids I find myself often at the max zoom, or close on my 17-135. If it wasn't so high f I would need a different wide and short.

You will find that a longer zoom will actually produce better portraits, despite needing more range. You see a lot of modeling and wedding done with the 135 on full frame. Usually considered the best portrait lens. And for canon also one of the sharpest. This is usually for waist and up.

If you do get rid of the 50mm 1.4 let me know.

I like the 50, just for artsy shots, and it was fun to carry something small that didn't move while zooming.

Where the fuck do you shoot? To take only head shots with the 50 on a crop you have to be 15' away. Takes a HUGE room to make it work. I'd love to do more outside and then it has a use, but inside I don't know.

Or buy the Sigma 17-50 OS that is on CL right now and sell when the Canon returns.

Sounds like you just decided.

You know me better than that, I decided that and undecided that at least 3 full circles now

When shooting kids I find myself often at the max zoom, or close on my 17-135. If it wasn't so high f I would need a different wide and short.

You will find that a longer zoom will actually produce better portraits, despite needing more range. You see a lot of modeling and wedding done with the 135 on full frame. Usually considered the best portrait lens. And for canon also one of the sharpest. This is usually for waist and up.

I like the 50, just for artsy shots, and it was fun to carry something small that didn't move while zooming.

Where the fuck do you shoot? To take only head shots with the 50 on a crop you have to be 15' away. Takes a HUGE room to make it work. I'd love to do more outside and then it has a use, but inside I don't know.

Living rooms are my usual venue.

As for studio and staged shots, more zoom is more flattering usually. Just the nature of "flattening" features. A buddy gave me a shit load of books on a thumbdrive with techniques and it helped a lot after I read it and then looked it up online for the dummy version.

Spent about 5 years studying photography and developing photos during gifted visual arts classes and I don't remember 99.99999999% of it.

Well looky look what we have here:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-2-fullrange/vifa-ne65w-2-fullrange-driver-4-ohm/

Same external diameter, almost the same depth as the 1" NE Vifa tweeter but it's a full-range :D

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/vifa-soft-dome-tweeters/vifa-ne25vts-04-1-silk-dome-tweeter/

This really was not my week for fantasy football.

J

J

I got slaughtered.  

I had Cutler playing as QB, and lo and behold, he left me with -1 points.  

Living rooms are my usual venue.

As for studio and staged shots, more zoom is more flattering usually. Just the nature of "flattening" features. A buddy gave me a shit load of books on a thumbdrive with techniques and it helped a lot after I read it and then looked it up online for the dummy version.

<-interested in the dummy version

Shooting kids, you say?

was thinking the same thing...

Shooting kids, you say?

Thank God he's not shooting fucking kids.

J

I got slaughtered.  

Made some REAL bad picks, but next week will hopefully be better.

J

Shooting kids, you say?

Fucking kids always fuck me over when shooting other fucking kids.

Shooting kids, you say?

Or fucking shooting kids, for that matter.

Rear caliper on the Miata is changed and adjusted, now I have a working handbrake.

Started changing the window regulator cables today and in my infinite clumsiness I fucked them up just when I was testing them. And it was close to 11pm so I decided to stop, get new cables and finish up the job tomorrow.