meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

so how much money is tied up so far in this vehicle? i believe you know jeremy carlson from soundcrafters in florida they built that 240sx with all jl speakers approx. price on it was 125,000....

well its still under construction as you all know but at least 5 times this weekend i let it loose.........got it on vid a few times. Oh man this thing is completely 100% out of control. It really does make the tahoe look silly.........especially with Hypnotize playin :D

R8AkC1vFWnk

if u got subs you should be able to hear this thing just ROARING :D

lmao, yo steve it looked like u got scared ur own dam self at the end of that one, lmao..

But wow, whats stoppin the windows from cracklin to pieces?

I've never seen anything like that....unReal.

Good Lord!!!!!! With the camera shaking like that when it hit...... I got dizzy and scared at the same time. Scared that someone there might pass out. I have never before seen something like that. Damn!!!! Awesome!!!!!!

Good Lord!!!!!! With the camera shaking like that when it hit...... I got dizzy and scared at the same time. Scared that someone there might pass out. I have never before seen something like that. Damn!!!! Awesome!!!!!!

steve did look like he had HIT THAT BROWN NOTE

=P

i wish i had that kind of money = [

and i wished i'd had that sort of flex on my windshield....i found out today i have itty bitty flex on my back window and bed = D cant wait to see what this ported box im building is going to be like fing05.gif

i got home from work and put some tones on teh ipod.........i played a sweep, it really likes 50hz. Not bad considering how low it gets!!

ok heres the score now remember its EARLY EARLY.........i played one 50hz note at the dash and one in the kick.......no tuning nothing, i shut it down afterwords so i KNOW its got more in it!!!!!!!!

Dash, sealed, legal dbdrag style

1582.jpg

kick, usac style

DSC01556.jpg

Chit dude that is just insane. I want to hear them both in person. I want to know what 160db feels like. Both the Tahoe and the Caddy are incredible builds. With the tahoe being able carry people in the back, where the Caddy is just an all out bass machine. Cant wait to see the end of the build, and civic rebuild. If your ever in the Los Angeles with the Tahoe, i would love to hear it.

some new numbers, kick stayed about the same, dash went up a little.....im VERY satisfied with the outcome!!!! .9 to go baby!

yes it is STILL a musical truck and im almost 100% positive i can repeat these numbers with a hard hitting song......for my neighbors sake ill use tones (a little better then bobbin my head to a funky beat at 160 in the back yard......burp and be done in my situation)

Cqo2cs668XU

thanks mange..........and thanks for the edit. I always forget to do that hahah

anyway ya im very pleased :D

well its still under construction as you all know but at least 5 times this weekend i let it loose.........got it on vid a few times. Oh man this thing is completely 100% out of control. It really does make the tahoe look silly.........especially with Hypnotize playin :D

if u got subs you should be able to hear this thing just ROARING :D

First off: Sick. Insane. Nasty. straight filthy and disgusting. Unreal. Nice work Steve.

2nd) What's the song playing at the begining of the vid. Tight beat. Wanna DL it.

Keep up the insannity!

Thanks!! :)

i spent some time figuring out what exactly i was gonna do about the impedence and where the xovers are gonna go.......im a few distribution blocks away from wiring these up (couldnt find four locally that matched). The xovers wont be mounted on the floor there will be a platform/rack of some sort. Im just tryin to figure out placement.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

damn its too bad you couldn't get all 4 shallow 10s in the doors. Man i been following this build for months. New to this forum tho. Everything has been awesome so far. What do you think about the power components i was actually thinking about picking a pair or two up. Anyway awesome build man. Can't wait till its done.

steve i was wondering why the 3Sixty? I thought it was only really helpfull if you were sticking with say the factory headunit. Is it that helpful with all aftermarket stuff? just wondering.

steve i was wondering why the 3Sixty? I thought it was only really helpfull if you were sticking with say the factory headunit. Is it that helpful with all aftermarket stuff? just wondering.

your thinking 3sixty.1....the 3sixty.2 is on a whole 'nother level of processing power ;)

ok its friday, ive been up since 5, im tired........but i got out there and made some sawdust tonite anyway. Tomorrow i figure out exactly how im gonna do this and if it goes as planned i will be butchering up the passenger side door real soon. Anyway this is your tutorial for the day :D This is how you make a countersunk trim ring to flush in your mids.

First, start by planning it out....the spiral upcut bit will cut in increments of 1/2". It is a 1/4" bit but when you cut a circle its doubled.

DSC01637.jpg

Next set the depth of the bit to go most of the way thru, but not all the way. I leave about 3/8". Doesnt sound like a lot but its fine for a 6" speaker especially since it will have resin and glass on it to reinforce later.

DSC01634.jpg

if your doing multiples of the same ring, instead of doing one ring at a time and moving the pin every time, i just do them all at once.

DSC01635.jpg

It takes 6 passes to do these, all at different measurements and since the pin gets moved a lot, its helpful to mark the holes you use the most so you can find them quick. No thats not blood from when i cut my finger its red marker :D There is a LITTLE DNA on the other side though, like a drop. I left it there to remind me of my war-wound :D

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

Once the countersink is done its time to cut the very outside of the ring at full depth. Now this is the hand saver here.......i used to cut it off, flip the router upside down and cut the middle out. Now, just cut the very outside all the way around but leave about a 1/2" tab. The reason you dont cut the middle out sooner is you lose your pivot hole as soon as that is gone...so the very middle hole needs to be intact till the LAST pass.

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

see how the Tab holds the ring in place, this allows you to cut the middle portion out while its still attached to the flat stock.

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

Now grab a jig saw and cut that tab off. Its only 1/2" so if you have any skills you should be able to keep it nice and round. Take a sander to whatever is left of it and you cant even tell there is a tab. Done deal!

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

now for the 10" Shallows......same procedure just on a bigger scale. Now the 3/8" just wont do so dropped it a little lower (to about 1/8") and backed it up with a 2nd ring made of 3/4" MDF. The 1/8" usually wouldnt be necessary, just butcher that off and do it in two passes, but in this case i didnt want to sink the sub in all the way into a 3/4" piece. I sorta wanted it to match the 6 1/2's since they are flush but the grills stick out just a hair...

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01654.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

as you can see its dark and cold out........not to mention pouring rain so time to hit the shower and come back out in the morning.

DSC01660.jpg

Damn Meade, you put in sick hours on this build. It looks to be coming along well even though you do it aside from your regular job....wish I had that much dedication. Look foward to more updates.