onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

looks great! detailed like a mofo!

Craftsmanship is top notch man! Cant wait to see whats next if it looks like this so far.

Me likey goyou.gif

Now, a little carpeting action. biggrin.png Firstly I'd like to thank a fellow forum member Jon, a.k.a CHEVY4X4BLAZER for braving the South Texas sun and humidity. He came over lending a helping hand and for a little comradership. Thanks for you help friend. smile.png

First the goods. Parts Express finest speaker box carpet in a not so original charcoal color. Adhesive in a spray can by Loctite, some scissors and a box cutter.

DSC04515.jpg

The wrapping process.

DSC04516.jpg

Finally a box fully wrapped. The seams came out pretty good. The last time I carpeted a speaker box I used similar carpet with a backing and I couldn't get the seams to blend well with each other. This carpet didn't have any backing. The seams blended nicely together with no fussing just a little fuzzing. biggrin.png

DSC04517.jpg

With the box wrapped and ready to go we got the plexi-glass pieces in place and wired the box up for the subs. Here is a shot of the plexi-glass in place. Thanks to Jon for helping with the gazillion screws and getting the plexi-glass mounted.

DSC04521.jpg

I opted to do all the wiring internally to keep things looking clean. The subs are D1s. For the Warhorse the coils are wired in series to get the 2 ohm load required by the amp for full output. If the wiring pictured doesn't really make sense to you it's because the amp wires up to subs in a real odd ball way. Trust me when I tell you I know what I'm doing here. tongue.png

DSC04522.jpg

Here is the box at 95% complete.

DSC04524.jpg

A close up of the box port. There is a little story about this port that I'd like to share with everyone. The original design of this box only had the outer most edge of the port beveled. The port brace and the inside edged of the port, next to the plexi-glass window, was originally to be left square. A co-worker of my likes addressing everyone by adding the word "Big" infront of their first initial. In my case, he addresses me by calling out, "Big H." In the spirit of that, I beveled both the port brace and the inside edge of the port to make a big "H". tongue.png

DSC04526.jpg

One last shot of the box.

DSC04527.jpg

Up next, the subs go in the box. Thanks for your help Jon(CHEVY4X4BLAZER). smile.png

Edited by onebadmonte

nice!!! cant wait to see this beast in action!!

nice!!! cant wait to see this beast in action!!

Almost, almost. I'm even starting to get a little antsy. :D

Sweet lookin!

When I loaded the page and saw those pictures, I said to myself "fuck."

That box is serious,--no fucking around.

:wub:

Sweet lookin!

Thanks, lets just hope it lives up to it's looks. :P

wub.png

Ha, ha. Thanks. With a couple of box builds under my belt I figure I'd learn from my mistakes and turn it up a notch on this box build. :) Don't get me wrong though, there's always plenty of fucking around when I'm in the equation. :D

Sweet lookin!

Thanks, lets just hope it lives up to it's looks. tongue.png

wub.png

Ha, ha. Thanks. With a couple of box builds under my belt I figure I'd learn from my mistakes and turn it up a notch on this box build. smile.png Don't get me wrong though, there's always plenty of fucking around when I'm in the equation. biggrin.png

Two lonely women need a ride...

:lol:

lookin good !!!

Fantastic Work!!! Nice attention to detail even with the wiring inside the enclosure!!

Nice carpeting Big H!

Good work, box looks awesome!

Great looking enclosure

lookin good !!!

Fantastic Work!!! Nice attention to detail even with the wiring inside the enclosure!!

Top notch work sir!

Thanks guys. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the build as much as I am. It's been some hard work along the way and some seriously fustrating moments, but when I look back at the pics all I can do is smile.

Nice carpeting Big H!

Awe man, now here too. :P Thanks. I finally got it right. :D

Good work, box looks awesome!

Thanks. If the sound sucks I'll make a coffee table out of it and a conversational piece about my "epic fail". :D

This has been the view I've seen while entering my living room since this past January.

DSC04560.jpg

As of today this is my new view.

DSC04561.jpg

:) Before we get to the good stuff, writing on my subs. Actually following up on the "I know what I'm doing wiring my amp up" comment. This is how I'm keeping all the wires in order.

DSC04563.jpg

I identified the coils as VC1 and VC2. The polarity was up next since the push connects are color coordinated on the bottom only, making it hard to see. Lastly the "WHT" and the not shown "BLK" reffer to the color of the zip ties used to bundle the pairs of wires. :)

Now the good stuff. One sub in, one ready to go in.

DSC04565.jpg

With the mounting hardware so close to the lip I had to sand a flat on the washers to clear.

DSC04575.jpg

It's official, they're in.

DSC04569.jpg

I don't know about you, but I'm digging the "no gasket" look.

DSC04570.jpg

Almost there. :)

one step closer :)

nice living room btw !!!

Yeah i like the no gasket look myself

something tells me these pics are a step or two behind knowing hugo............ so with that said.. .how does it sound?

i see some new additions to the H/T due tell :D

Stunning.